16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
kiwi01 said:
NZ and Aus applicants, did you guys get your letters from family members or friends notarised? Or is it acceptable for NZers just to have a justice of peace stamp it?
Hello, we didn't do either. We got our family and friends in Canada to email letters and printed them out and included them in our package.

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
kiwi01 said:
NZ and Aus applicants, did you guys get your letters from family members or friends notarised? Or is it acceptable for NZers just to have a justice of peace stamp it?
We did as we applied common law, unsure about the JP stamp. We had them notarised in Canada. The Sydney office seems to be working fast, 4-5 months for approval is awesome!!

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Fellow NZers and Aussies, on the document checklist for the forms you weren't including (such as use of representative, common law declaration, additional dependants etc) did you just leave the box blank and unchecked or did you write N/A next to it? We left them blank and are now reading that its best to write N/A and they will return the application

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Loorah said:
COPR received October 21st
Fantastic! Have you shared your timeline on the 2015 Outland spreadsheet? It really helps others to see how things are progressing.

C.

MrsMuzz

Nov 15, 2015
Hi All, I just had a quick question about the outland spousal sponsorship. Assuming that it's granted, is there a specific timeframe in which you must travel to Canada after the granting of the visa? I'm asking because my husband and I will be applying while we're both living in Australia. I'm Canadian by birth and I will be sponsoring him. We're working on a 12-16 month timeframe for the move but I've been reading that Sydney is processing faster (in some cases) than published on the immigration Canada website (which is great). I'm just wondering if there is some sort of condition that we must travel to Canada within X time or the approval will lapse? If anyone knows I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks a lot!

Applechunks

Star Member
Nov 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/30/2014
AOR Received.
AOR 12/24/14, SA 12/29/14
File Transfer...
Sydney 01/06/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10/07/2014, Meds received ECAS 01/06/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Decision made 3/6/15, PPR 3/31/15
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 04/27/15
LANDED..........
08/08/15
MrsMuzz said:
Hi All, I just had a quick question about the outland spousal sponsorship. Assuming that it's granted, is there a specific timeframe in which you must travel to Canada after the granting of the visa? I'm asking because my husband and I will be applying while we're both living in Australia. I'm Canadian by birth and I will be sponsoring him. We're working on a 12-16 month timeframe for the move but I've been reading that Sydney is processing faster (in some cases) than published on the immigration Canada website (which is great). I'm just wondering if there is some sort of condition that we must travel to Canada within X time or the approval will lapse? If anyone knows I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks a lot!
Our app took 5 1/2 months through Sydney...12 months is not realistic.
You will have 12 months to land from the date of your medical. For e.g. If your medical is today you'll have to land by Nov 15th 2016.
In my case, I had three months to land from the time they finished processing until the expiry of my Medical.
They can extend it in some cases...they will let you know the date when you receive the COPR.

F1SHA

Dec 5, 2014
Hello Everyone,

We are sending off my application tomorrow for Common-Law PR and are applying outland to the Sydney office (I'm Australian but my common-law partner is Canadian). I currently live in Canada with my common-law partner, however applying outland is way quicker so that is the route we are going. Can anyone tell me:

1) When we send in our application to Mississauga, how will they know to send it along to the office in Sydney? Will they just look at my passport and know I'm aussie so they will forward it to Sydney?

2) How long is it taking everyone to get their PR status from the time they submit their application? I've got 7.5 months left on my last working holiday visa so I'm crossing my fingers it comes through before then or else I'll have to quit my electrician job and sit around and not work while I wait for PR to come through.

I've heard the Sydney office is quick, I hope that's still the case.

Thanks in advance.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
F1SHA said:
Hello Everyone,

We are sending off my application tomorrow for Common-Law PR and are applying outland to the Sydney office (I'm Australian but my common-law partner is Canadian). I currently live in Canada with my common-law partner, however applying outland is way quicker so that is the route we are going. Can anyone tell me:

1) When we send in our application to Mississauga, how will they know to send it along to the office in Sydney? Will they just look at my passport and know I'm aussie so they will forward it to Sydney?

2) How long is it taking everyone to get their PR status from the time they submit their application? I've got 7.5 months left on my last working holiday visa so I'm crossing my fingers it comes through before then or else I'll have to quit my electrician job and sit around and not work while I wait for PR to come through.

I've heard the Sydney office is quick, I hope that's still the case.

Thanks in advance.
They decide where to send the application, it could even stay in Mississauga potentially. But they will see you're an Australian citizen and very likely send it to Sydney. And if the last year or so on here is anything to go by, it's taking 5-7 months

sukhjs

Sep 7, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I am a canadian Permanent resident, but Indian citizen. my husband is on work permit in New Zealand. We are in long distance relationship since 2009 and got married in March 2015. I applied for his visa in May. In my file I sent all proofs of our relationship like skype details, emails etc. now we got an interview invitation for dec3rd. they just asked my husband to attend it not me. I am so worried, as we did not have any "big indian wedding" it was just our families... anybody have any idea for any red flags??
Thanks in advance!

MrsMuzz

Nov 15, 2015
Applechunks said:
Our app took 5 1/2 months through Sydney...12 months is not realistic.
You will have 12 months to land from the date of your medical. For e.g. If your medical is today you'll have to land by Nov 15th 2016.
In my case, I had three months to land from the time they finished processing until the expiry of my Medical.
They can extend it in some cases...they will let you know the date when you receive the COPR.
Thank you, when I said we're estimating about 12 months, I meant we are working towards moving 12 months after we file the application based on estimated processing times. If it's 12 months from the medical, that works. That gives us a benchmark to plan the move around.

F1SHA

Dec 5, 2014
Has anyone from Victoria sent in an application recently? If so, did they require a driving history. In earlier posts from a few years ago it seems like people from Victoria were being asked for a driving history record. Just wondering if I should call Vic Roads and ask them to send me my record...which is totally clean.

Thanks!

kangamoose

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/08/2015
AOR Received.
02/09/2015
File Transfer...
AOR2 06/10/2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11/07/2015
Passport Req..
DM 10/02/2016 Passport Copy Request 11/02/2016
LANDED..........
03/03/2016
F1SHA said:
Has anyone from Victoria sent in an application recently? If so, did they require a driving history. In earlier posts from a few years ago it seems like people from Victoria were being asked for a driving history record. Just wondering if I should call Vic Roads and ask them to send me my record...which is totally clean.

Thanks!
Yes, you need to send this in. If you don't it will delay your application when they request it. It needs to be the full history too, not the 5 year record. They need it because drink driving offences will be on it rather than the police clearance, seems only vic and qld are like this (which is stupid haha). The good news is they send them out really fast, I got mine in under 2 weeks and I live in northern AB.

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
kangamoose said:
Yes, you need to send this in. If you don't it will delay your application when they request it. It needs to be the full history too, not the 5 year record. They need it because drink driving offences will be on it rather than the police clearance, seems only vic and qld are like this (which is stupid haha). The good news is they send them out really fast, I got mine in under 2 weeks and I live in northern AB.
Have you got SA yet?

EDIT Sorry just saw you have AOR2.

amn83

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
New Zealand
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
31-08-2014
AOR Received.
24-03-2015
Med's Request
waiting ....
HI All,

Fellow NZrs please advise that how long it will take to get PPR after medicals and Police clearance. does any one have idea how long it will take get police clearance from NZ as that is the only thing we are waiting on. our medicals have been updated on CIC website and I have send Police clearance docs in post.

Looking forward for your reply.Please

Thanks