+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
kiwi_girl said:
Ours took about 2 months! Much much quicker than we were expecting ;D

We didn't send a police check, only the authority for the CIC to request one from NZ Police.
We sent that form as well, hopefully it won't take long now. It's so good to hear that your process was that fast! I hope our process goes as smoothly as yours :D

Thank you for the info!

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
BeeQC said:
We sent that form as well, hopefully it won't take long now. It's so good to hear that your process was that fast! I hope our process goes as smoothly as yours :D

Thank you for the info!
You're welcome and Good Luck!!

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
BeeQC said:

Thank you for the info!
Hey...when did you submit your app? I received 1st AOR, wa9ting for 2nd now to confirm file has been transfered.

BeeQC

Sep 10, 2014
Our app was received by CIC on June 2nd, we got AOR 1 and 2 already, now we're just waiting for DM of stage 2 :D fingers crossed it goes super fast haha

What about you?

Krysta

Apr 11, 2015
Hi, I just received my PPR through email today and we are going to Canada to visit for 3 months on September 7th. The email said if you will be in Canada for a length of time to send it to Canada or if you are in Australia to send it to the sydney office. I want to get this done as soon as possible and dont want to wait until we arrive in Canada to process it, so where do you think I should send the info?
I only applied in May 2015 so wasnt expecting it so fast so we booked a visit in the mean time. Will this affect my travel visa? Advice please!!! so confused now!! but not complaining :) Also how do you receive COPR? is it by email or mail? Thanks

kiwi01

Star Member
Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2015
Med's Done....
30/09/2015
Krysta said:
Hi, I just received my PPR through email today and we are going to Canada to visit for 3 months on September 7th. The email said if you will be in Canada for a length of time to send it to Canada or if you are in Australia to send it to the sydney office. I want to get this done as soon as possible and dont want to wait until we arrive in Canada to process it, so where do you think I should send the info?
I only applied in May 2015 so wasnt expecting it so fast so we booked a visit in the mean time. Will this affect my travel visa? Advice please!!! so confused now!! but not complaining :) Also how do you receive COPR? is it by email or mail? Thanks
Woah! Could you post a timeline of your application for those of use currently waiting/about to apply?

dasalcedo

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Adelaide - Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-05-2010
IELTS Request
10-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
Krysta said:
I got the COPR by post from Sydney office.

Loorah

Aug 21, 2015
App sent to Mississauga June 18, 2015. AOR rec'd July 23 by email. I haven't heard anything since and my part (sponsor) on the website still says 'in process'. BF hasn't received any contact but when I check the website the permanent resident section says: application for permanent residency received June 19th (same date as my sponsor application) is this the AOR from Sydney? Does that mean that I have been approved?

Thanks!

kiwi_girl

Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-03-2015; 28-04-2015
File Transfer...
10-04-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-01-2015
Passport Req..
06-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2015
LANDED..........
10-09-2015
Loorah said:
App sent to Mississauga June 18, 2015. AOR rec'd July 23 by email. I haven't heard anything since and my part (sponsor) on the website still says 'in process'. BF hasn't received any contact but when I check the website the permanent resident section says: application for permanent residency received June 19th (same date as my sponsor application) is this the AOR from Sydney? Does that mean that I have been approved?

Thanks!
Hello, no it just means your application has been received in Mississauga. You can check processing times here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. They sent me (the sponsor) an email to say my application had been approved and the file was being transferred to Sydney and then my husband received the AOR from Sydney :)

Hope this helps. Hang in there, I know it feels like it's taking forever!!

Loorah

Aug 21, 2015
Thanks for your insight. I think we're over the listed processing time of 57 days now, unless it's business days. Says they're processing apps rec'd June 22 and ours was rec'd Jun 19th so hopefully we'll have an update soon!

His visa is good till May/16 so fingers crossed it comes together before then! :)

kooka7

Jun 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
21-05-2015 CPC-M > CPC-O
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17/12/2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-08-2015 (Passport Copies)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt (AUS)
LANDED..........
23-09-2015
Hi All,
Thought i'd post here and see if any of you fellow aussies may have had the same/similar experience.

I originally posted in the Ottawa thread, but seeing there is an Australian one thought i'd try here too...

I received my COPR in August 2015. Our app was Outland and was sent in Dec 2014. Hubbys approval to sponsor was received in May from memory. We are already residing in CA.

I am about to send off my paperwork for COPR....but am really stumped as to whether I should send originals and/or copies along with the return postage envelopes....

Has anyone else received contradictory information in their COPR letter? I've sent an e-mail to Ottawa in relation to this and yet to hear back.

I cannot find a phone number for Ottawa so not sure who to call... is there a call centre number I can call....?

This is the wording in the COPR email I received:

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:

1. 2 x Photographs for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable) as per the Photo Specifications in Appendix A

2. The “Updated Information Chart” in Appendix B, fully completed for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

3. A photocopy of ALL pages of your passport and of the passport(s) for you and your accompanying dependents (as applicable).

Submit the documents according to the instructions in Appendix C. Please also include a copy of this correspondence with your submission.

And because we are in Canada, we are able to send everything through to Ottawa...

Purchase two prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.

· Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.

· Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.

· Enclose both envelopes along with your passport and a copy of this letter.

Appreciate any help, thoughts....

Thanks

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Appendix B form and pictures would obviously be originals and photocopy of all pages of passport (don't send the original passport, if not requested).

Number to call is 1-888-242‑2100

squirrelb

Sep 2, 2015
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster!

My partner is Canadian and we have applied for my PR (destination QC), application received in by CPC-M on 22/6/15 and my partner got his AOR ("...your application to sponsor a member of the family class has been received...") on 25/7/15. We still have not received SA, and on eCAS we are both listed as 'In Process'. No SA yet, by snail mail or email. Medicals were done upfront.

Yesterday, I received my very own AOR advising CIC had received my application for permanent residence, same date as my partner (22/6/15). The email is from the Sydney Australia VO. So my question is, did I just receive AOR2 without us receiving SA yet? I'm completely baffled, eCAS just shows the very basic first steps (application received, acknowledged and processing start date for him; application received and medicals received for me) and we've had no forward progress (other than my new email) in a couple of weeks.

Other posters with similar application dates have already received SA and are well on their way to bigger things, so not sure whether I can/should panic yet... :)

Anyone have any thoughts or helpful tips?

Many thanks in advance!!