Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
OzKhan said:
Hi Everyone,

Arrived in Canada on 28th October with no updates from immigration. A week later received an email advising I am in the final stages and to complete Appendix B. I emailed in the day after and received my COPR today a little over a week later all the way from Australia. When they finally got around to processing it, it was really fast. Just want to thank everyone here for the advice and support and hope everyone else moves through soon. Be patient if you need to and best of luck to everyone here. ;)

Thanks
OzKhan that's great news. Finally!!

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
mlallany said:
Hey all, have a quick question for all.
So we had an interview on Oct 15, wife went down to Sydney for it and I was on the phone. At the end of a long interview they were satisfied but they needed one more document (some kind of vic road check... victoria road check (since she's in melbourne). We were told they will ask for the passport withing 6 weeks, let's say it's been about 4 weeks now.

Should I be sending an inquiry for application status and if so, how would I go about doing that?
Hi, wait the 6 weeks as paddy o suggested but when your ready here's the email I used when I sent an enquiry about where my COPR was coming from.
I got a response in just under a week. Just add your file number and details

Just click on the link for case specific enquiries

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/sydney.asp

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
oh101 said:
Before or After New Year?
After New Years. I will move to Toronto in March. I have to stay in Sydney that long for work.

One last Christmas and New Year in the Sydney summer before the Canadian cold.

The things we do for love eh ;D

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
A week after I received my COPR letter my ECAS status has changed to Decision Made... I wonder what the decision is ;D

Has anyone seen any movement in their applications this week?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
PaddyO said:
A week after I received my COPR letter my ECAS status has changed to Decision Made... I wonder what the decision is ;D

Has anyone seen any movement in their applications this week?
That ecas is a bit of a joke really. We got all the way through sponsorship approval, file transfer and the Quebec application before ecas even said my application was in process.

BUT, for your question - YES! I've received PPR and will be posting Appendix B away first thing in the morning. Finally, finally it looks like we're getting somewhere :)

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Catou said:
That ecas is a bit of a joke really. We got all the way through sponsorship approval, file transfer and the Quebec application before ecas even said my application was in process.

BUT, for your question - YES! I've received PPR and will be posting Appendix B away first thing in the morning. Finally, finally it looks like we're getting somewhere :)

Oh ;D Congrat for you.
Look like you will have a COPR very soon ;)

I'm still stuck right here. As I need to ask for a movement record from Australia. I don't even know why they ask for it.
I just recived GCMS note and everything is OK, Eligibility Passed, Criminal Passed, RFV but need to review movement status in Australia ???

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
oh101 said:
Oh ;D Congrat for you.
Thank you, I really hope so :)

oh101 said:
I'm still stuck right here. As I need to ask for a movement record from Australia. I don't even know why they ask for it.
I just recived GCMS note and everything is OK, Eligibility Passed, Criminal Passed, RFV but need to review movement status in Australia ???
That's hard and I really feel for you. Seeing people getting through the process really quickly while we muck around with bureaucracy is tough. I know how I was feeling until the PPR came through. Hopefully, your situation will be sorted quickly.

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
Catou said:

That's awesome news! Looks like your nearing the end :)

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Catou said:
Woo hoo! Congrats Catou!

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
oh101 said:
Hang in there mate. They seem to be churning through applications in Sydney at the moment. I'm sure you will be done soon.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
oh101 said:
One thing that might help to keep your spirits up - it looks like Sydney doesn't just put applications aside when they wait for more information.
I had delays, as you know, on the Quebec side and since they say that the CSQ must be received before the application is processed (for those of us going to Quebec) I was really upset to think how long all this mucking around would delay things.
Sydney must have worked on the application anyway. There is no way they could have got the police check and background checks done by now if they had sat on my application and waited.
I got the final decision, with everything finally sorted out with Quebec, 8 days before I received the PPR. Sydney had notification of that decision exactly one week before requesting my passport.

I can't know if this will be similar for you, but Sydney seems very keen to churn through the applications as quickly as possible and it's entirely possible that your application is completed, apart from that one check. So, don't be too disheartened because PPR could be closer than you think.

Blackwood

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/7/2013
AOR Received.
8/8/2013
File Transfer...
6/9/2013
Med's Done....
6/6/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2013
Hooray, Got PPR today .. very excited! ECAS still says application received

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Blackwood said:
Hooray, Got PPR today .. very excited! ECAS still says application received
Yay! Good news (I know that excitement ;) ) If you are lucky they might update ecas to "in process" sometime LOL

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi All

I have had received PPR request last month and have already sent passport copies on 8 Oct 2013 ( as I am under visa waiver category passport holder) along with Appendix B form and prepaid post envelope as per their request, but still waiting. I can see during tracking that this was received by Sydney Consulate on 9 Oct 2013. My Medicals, Police Check, RPRF all done already. Can any one advise when should I expect COPR.

Good luck to all anyway.

mrsalvaro

Apr 18, 2013
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
20-07-2013
File Transfer...
31-07-2013
Med's Request
submitted with the Application
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-05-2014
Wow, RFV means Ready for Visa. :D :D :D

oh101 said:
Oh ;D Congrat for you.