Med's Done....
6/6/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2013
My email from CIC about final processing didnt request that I send the passport, just that I confirm that it hasnt changed .. is this normal ?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Blackwood said:
My email from CIC about final processing didnt request that I send the passport, just that I confirm that it hasnt changed .. is this normal ?
I expect it is normal. I got the same - just a request for me to confirm via email that the passport is still the same one being used for travel, and Appendix B to be completed and sent back.

I suspect that this happens to holders of Australian and New Zealand passports. They shouldn't need to actually see them as they have access to the information about them anyway. Information sharing makes the need to view them largely redundant.

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
Hi , Doeas anybody has any idea about how long does it takes to get your PPR after ECAS is showing Decision made? Its been almost 2 month since my ECAS changed to decision made. Havent heard anything from Sydney office. Really worried now . Have already sent case specific queries but didn't get any reply . Please share your experiences and advice.

Thanks very much .

Blackwood

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/7/2013
AOR Received.
8/8/2013
File Transfer...
6/9/2013
Med's Done....
6/6/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2013
Catou said:
Yay! Good news (I know that excitement ;) ) If you are lucky they might update ecas to "in process" sometime LOL
ECAS went from App received to Decision Made today .. should have COPR in the mail soon .. :)

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Yippee! I received an email from Sydney telling me that PR has been approved and COPR was put in the mail today :)
I hope they mean, "put in the prepaid courier bag" since I paid a heap to ensure it comes by courier and doesn't get caught up with Xmas mail.

I guess it's time to rip up the note on my wall that says, "Check sponsor status after one month, allow a month for MICC, don't bother checking anything for Sydney for at least nine months. Be patient."
I honestly thought it would be 2014 before anything much happened. What a wonderful early Xmas present! :D

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
uvcan said:
Hi , Doeas anybody has any idea about how long does it takes to get your PPR after ECAS is showing Decision made? Its been almost 2 month since my ECAS changed to decision made. Havent heard anything from Sydney office. Really worried now . Have already sent case specific queries but didn't get any reply . Please share your experiences and advice.

Thanks very much .
Hi uvcan,

Have you checked your junk mail folder? I have heard that emails from CIC often end up there.

PaddyO

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2013
AOR Received.
06-08-2013
File Transfer...
25-09-2013
Med's Done....
12-07-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Catou said:
Yippee! I received an email from Sydney telling me that PR has been approved and COPR was put in the mail today :)
Congrats Catou!

That's great news. I'm glad the wait is almost over for you.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
PaddyO said:
Congrats Catou!

That's great news. I'm glad the wait is almost over for you.
Thank you. I feel exhausted - I guess its the lifting of all the stress. Whew!

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Catou Good to know it has reached final stage.
May I know when would you received PPR Request from Sydney consulate.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
sidhuinoslo said:
Catou Good to know it has reached final stage.
May I know when would you received PPR Request from Sydney consulate.
I got the request on 21 November, sent the appendix B and letter on 22nd and received an email confirming that it has been approved and the COPR was put in the mail on 25th November. I'm in the southern hemisphere so dates might be a little different where you are.
Three days from my response to PPR request to them sending out the COPR is, I think, pretty good.

sidhuinoslo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Thanks CATOU for your reply

This is pretty good time, if you recieve COPR within 3 days of receiving request
Actually have sent my appendix B and passport copies on 9 Oct, and still waiting. Have sent many 2 status enquiry emails, and each time received auto reply refereeing to some FAQs.

Are you also passport holder from visa waiver countries like me?
Did you send pre paid envelope, and received COPR via your same envelope or ?
By the way from which email address you received confirmation that your COPR has been sent?
Was there any number of days mentioned to reply within, on email request that asked for appendix B?

Thanks

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
sidhuinoslo said:
Are you also passport holder from visa waiver countries like me?
Yes.

sidhuinoslo said:
Did you send pre paid envelope, and received COPR via your same envelope or ?
Yes, I sent one. I'm not sure if they have used it though. I will know when I receive it ;)

sidhuinoslo said:
By the way from which email address you received confirmation that your COPR has been sent?
The email came from a person. I assume she is the VO that processed my application. I had received emails from her previously, when I had to extend the deadline for receipt of the paperwork from Quebec.

sidhuinoslo said:
Was there any number of days mentioned to reply within, on email request that asked for appendix B?
I was given a deadline when they sent the PPR. I think everybody gets a date by which appendix B and the passport information must be returned to them.

Don't worry too much. Getting the PPR means the end is close for you. It will all be over soon.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Ugh! Sydney didn't use the prepaid courier and put it in the mail instead. I'm back to worrying now LOL

aslank

Nov 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
15-09-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Ive got a quick question, we received corresponsdence from sydney office on Nov 1st requesting original police checks, we sent them photocopies by accident. Upon checking the original copy i realised that it was only valid for 6 months from the date of receipt (we got our police check done on Jan 3rd 13). This means it expired in July. I sent them the original and they received it on November 4. I havent gotten a reply from them after sending them an email. Should i ask my hubby to get his police check redone (bear in mind that the police check is for his previous residence in a foreign county and not his present residence). Any feedback would be appreciated. It was going so fast for us but now it seems like a standstill. Soo agitated!

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
PaddyO said:
Hi uvcan,

Have you checked your junk mail folder? I have heard that emails from CIC often end up there.
Thanks for your reply paddy . I got PPR today and they have given me only 13 days to submit my passport , which is very strange, usually they give 45 to 60 days to submit your passport. I m bit worried abt the deadline and but trying my best to send it asap.