+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

OzKhan

Aug 1, 2013
Thanks for the support guys. Just needed to vent a little. As you suggested Vik, I sent of a request for an update via the web form so will see what comes of it and will let you guys know.

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
OzKhan said:
Thanks for the support guys. Just needed to vent a little. As you suggested Vik, I sent of a request for an update via the web form so will see what comes of it and will let you guys know.
I am sure everyone here understands. Good call sending them the inquiry mail. Here's a link of how you can obtain CAIPS notes. I got them in about two weeks and my status "magically" changed to 'in process' within days ;) lol jokes
Anyways it shall give you a good idea regarding your criminality check and other things on your file. Let us know how it goes brother! good luck!!

ggss

Aug 12, 2013
Hi guys..need your help on this.....my wife is in Australia, when I lodged her application for Canada she was temporary resident there but lately she got her permanent resident status in Australia. Do I need to notify CHC Sydney about her status in Australia which has been changed after her application for Canada??

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
ggss said:
Hi guys..need your help on this.....my wife is in Australia, when I lodged her application for Canada she was temporary resident there but lately she got her permanent resident status in Australia. Do I need to notify CHC Sydney about her status in Australia which has been changed after her application for Canada??
that can only work in your favour, so yeah you should certainly inform them.

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
Hi All,

I got this email today from sydney office:

Dear
xxxx
Initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived. You are not being asked to attend an interview at this time. However, until our office completes the processing of your application you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you are admissible to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
• Police Clearance Certificate(s)
for: NEW ZEALAND Instructions for the required Police Certificate can be located online at wwwcicgcca
You are required to provide this information before: 28 August 2013
. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being refused
Please note
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
Please keep this office appraised of any changes of address or telephone. Please note that we respond only to correspondence in English or French.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Sincerely,
Visa Office,
Consulate General of Canada,
Sydney (Australia)
Police Certificate
395K View Download

I have already submitted the NZ police clearance with my file, but they are saying it is invalid. They are asking for fill up the consent to disclosure of information (NZ form). As per the cic they want to conduct the NZ police verification from their end.
I have already send them the scanned copy of this form .

ANy body has any idea,what does initial assesment means and how long it takes after this?

Your replies are much needed.

Thanks

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
uvcan said:
Hi All,

Dear
xxxx
Initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived. You are not being asked to attend an interview at this time. However, until our office completes the processing of your application you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you are admissible to Canada.
In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
for: NEW ZEALAND Instructions for the required Police Certificate can be located online at wwwcicgcca
. Failure to provide this information may result in your application being refused
Please note
All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are not acceptable.
Please keep this office appraised of any changes of address or telephone. Please note that we respond only to correspondence in English or French.
Sincerely,
Visa Office,
Sydney (Australia)
Police Certificate
395K View Download

I have already submitted the NZ police clearance with my file, but they are saying it is invalid. They are asking for fill up the consent to disclosure of information (NZ form). As per the cic they want to conduct the NZ police verification from their end.

ANy body has any idea,what does initial assesment means and how long it takes after this?

Thanks
hey

I received the same email 3 weeks ago, I've emailed them 5 times since, no reply. So all I did was fill out the form, scan it and email it to them with a passport copy. They will then contact nz police and get back to u when it's done. I called cic and got told this usually takes anywhere from 3 to 6 months which seems ridiculous!!! I also ordered an updated police clearance from nz and sent it to them hoping they would accept it but i'll doubt that's gonna happen haha. Let me know if u hear from them, would be nice to know how much longer i have to wait ;D

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
uvcan said:
Hi All,

Dear
xxxx
Please note
Sincerely,
Visa Office,
Sydney (Australia)
Police Certificate
395K View Download

Thanks
also according to nz police this thing is called "venting" and once they receive the disclosure form it takes 30 days for them to process it. But who know how long it takes sydney to sent the the form and start processing our files again. Ugh :eek:

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Ughhh!! This is such a waste of time. This is the sort of thing they should have informed you guys when the file was in Mississagua. Oh well!
I haven't heard anything from them yet. May be it's my turn now to sit and watch others get approval before me. lol :p :p

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
vik403 said:
Ughhh!! This is such a waste of time. This is the sort of thing they should have informed you guys when the file was in Mississagua. Oh well!
I haven't heard anything from them yet. May be it's my turn now to sit and watch others get approval before me. lol :p :p
Exactly! Sometimes it feels like they do these things just to make our file more miserable.. This waiting is driving me nuts, not been able to work for the last 9 months has taken it's toll in our relationship and if this is gonna take another 6 months I have to go back to nz to work and save my relationship haha ;D

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
anskuhh said:
Exactly! Sometimes it feels like they do these things just to make our file more miserable.. This waiting is driving me nuts, not been able to work for the last 9 months has taken it's toll in our relationship and if this is gonna take another 6 months I have to go back to nz to work and save my relationship haha ;D
Thx for your prompt replies friends.ya now it's seems like it gonna come next year only, I had hopes after getting my status changed to in process on this Sunday, but after this email seems like a distant dream.i saw all d cases of police checks required, all of them took another 2-4 months . Now waiting for miracle. :(

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
uvcan said:
Thx for your prompt replies friends.ya now it's seems like it gonna come next year only, I had hopes after getting my status changed to in process on this Sunday, but after this email seems like a distant dream.i saw all d cases of police checks required, all of them took another 2-4 months . Now waiting for miracle. :(
Yea it's really depressing :( I still don't understand why it takes so long... Stipid! Where did u see the list of other cases?? Sydney spreadsheet?? But yeah keep us updated!!

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
anskuhh said:
Yea it's really depressing :( I still don't understand why it takes so long... Stipid! Where did u see the list of other cases?? Sydney spreadsheet?? But yeah keep us updated!!
Ya , it's really frustrating. I checked the old spreadsheets,trackitt and other forums. It usually takes 2-4 months to get it done, depending on how early visa office send this consent form to NZ authorities. I hope they act fast.

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
anskuhh said:
ansukh.. did you mention that you already attached the said 'disclosure' form with your original package? If yes, did you try sending them an e-mail regarding that? Or gave CIC call center here a call?

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
vik403 said:
ansukh.. did you mention that you already attached the said 'disclosure' form with your original package? If yes, did you try sending them an e-mail regarding that? Or gave CIC call center here a call?
Hey. What happened with my file was that I didn't know I was supposed to tell them which visa office I preferred, I just figured they would send it to London cause that's the closest to my home country. So I filled out the forms meant for applications going through London not knowing they would send it to Sydney (I lived in Auckland for the past 6 yrs).. I just sent them a PCC that I ordered from Nz police before I came to Canada.. So I think that's why they requested the disclosure form now, not when the file was first sent to Mississauga..

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
anskuhh said:
LOL... i can imagine sitting home doing nothing can take a toll on you after a while. But look at the bright side, you can learn to cook new things (will certainly keep ur hubby/bf happy), go out and meet new people, make new friends (have you tried meetup.com?), get a dog.... Also there are legit online websites where you can work and get paid.
Hopefuly we hear something soon...good luck :D