+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
wel i would say that they are just buying time out of this. this just sucks. they think that we have money to spend ova and ova again on a single thing. they think we earn the same as them. they should "time and tide waits for no man". so the time we have lost who will cater for that.

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
Our application status changed to "In process" as of August 19 ;D ;D ;D ;D I hope the PPR comes soon :D

Westie

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SK, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/6/2013
AOR Received.
11/7/2013
File Transfer...
18/7/2013
Med's Done....
15/3/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14/10/2013
LANDED..........
Already Here
vik403 said:
Our application status changed to "In process" as of August 19 ;D ;D ;D ;D I hope the PPR comes soon :D
Congratulations that's great news

Blackwood

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (AUS)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/7/2013
AOR Received.
8/8/2013
File Transfer...
6/9/2013
Med's Done....
6/6/2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/11/2013
Karen26 said:
Hi All,
I am a first time poster(not sure if that is the right term).

My husband and I have just made the decision to move to Canada, I am Canadian he is Australian and we have been living in Australia for about 8 years. We have been married for 7 years and have two small children. We are quite excited about the move but very dettered by the waiting period, 10 months is a long time!!! My questions are:
Am I sponsoring my 2 children as well? (the older has her Canadian Citizenship card the younger hasn't got hers yet but both lived in Canada with me for 6 months during my maternity leave)

In the section that asks about your plans once you move to Canada we haven't got jobs or school, or a mortgage as I couldn't get a job and then tell thme I can't start for 10 months??? Is it okay to just say we have extensive family there we can stay with whilst we get jobs, a house etc...

Is there any realy important things I should know when filing out the application?

So happy to have found this forum as I know what a headache it was when I moved to Australia and with through this process here.
Cheers!
Hi my wife and I are in the exact same position as you are.. even down to having 2 small kids .. ( ours were born in Aus.) If you are a canadian citizen by birth then your children will be eligible to be citizens and therefore do not required you to be sponsor for them. You can apply for Canadian citizenship certificates for them if they are eligible.
We also did not have job, school or rental agreements to show as proof of intent to move. To show our intent to establish ourselves in Canada we got our Canadian family to provide a letter verifying that we are planning to move and that they would provide support to allow us to establish ourselves in Canada once we arrived. In lieu of any other proof this should be okay. I also provided a copy of an email that sent to our Canadian family which discussed our planned move.

mrlahori

Star Member
May 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2012
AOR Received.
07-12-2012
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2012
vik403 said:
congrats man. :)

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
Thank god...my application status changed to In process since August 21,2013. I hope everything goes well. Please god Help.

oh101

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
I'm surprised that Sydney office work quite fast.

I was received AOR from Sydney just only 10 days after SA from mississauga. :eek:

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
ny idea if iam sponsering my wife from canada and she lives in fiji and the ecas changed to in process. how long will it take the sydney visa office to issue the visa as medical and police clearance were forwarded with the application

uvcan

Jul 23, 2013
Hi all, my ECAS changed to in process today , hopefully I will get my ppr soon .atlast my file started moving.

Thanks god

OzKhan

Aug 1, 2013
Just want to start by giving a genuine congrats to all those getting progress. I really don't want to complain but I just cant see how this is a fair system. My application was in the system at the start of Feb and others who applied after me have been already approved and I've heard nothing?? A few weeks give or take is understandable but 6 weeks and nothing at all. Sorry for negativity, and please know that my comments are directed at their system, but I am really frustrated with the whole thing at this point and can't understand how this system works.

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
elzimo said:
Thank god...my application status changed to In process since August 21,2013. I hope everything goes well. Please god Help.
congratulations my friend! I think Sydney has finally decided to clear the piled up applications ;)

OzKhan said:
Just want to start by giving a genuine congrats to all those getting progress. I really don't want to complain but I just cant see how this is a fair system. My application was in the system at the start of Feb and others who applied after me have been already approved and I've heard nothing?? A few weeks give or take is understandable but 6 weeks and nothing at all. Sorry for negativity, and please know that my comments are directed at their system, but I am really frustrated with the whole thing at this point and can't understand how this system works.
Sorry to hear that brother. Have you tried contacting them? They are ussualy pretty good in replying back in a timely manner.

mlallany

Jul 10, 2012
OzKhan said:
+1 to him, I'm in the same boat unfortunately. Filed my application in Feb, it was transferred to Sydney in March, and my wife received her file number in April. Been a waiting game since

Have you tried contacting them? They are ussualy pretty good in replying back in a timely manner.
Vik, they don't really help you when you contact them, either the reply is that someone is looking at your application or they ask you to wait until the full processing time is completed.

I'm thinking of ordering CAIPS notes, maybe I get something. :(

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
vik403 said:
congratulations my friend! I think Sydney has finally decided to clear the piled up applications ;)
Sorry to hear that brother. Have you tried contacting them? They are ussualy pretty good in replying back in a timely manner.
Thanks alot. i think after all those emails and queries to immigration finally paid of.. but i dont know how much more it will take.

and to those who are still waiting. it will come through soon. its jus a test for patience that god has for us and we will get things when it is the right time for us. we cant fight against destiny. jus have faith in god coz he is the one who grants us our wishes and looks after us. i was in the same boat but it will hapen. jus have faith. cheerz and gd bless u all