+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

coldwater

Feb 24, 2013
Hi guys!

I applied for my husband's sponsorship on March 11 of this year. I had no idea it would take this long and we are both so tired of the wait. He is in Australia on student visa so it's harder for him to fly down here. I was thinking of applying for a Work Holiday Visa but I didn't know if the fact that I am married makes me ineligible for this visa. Does anyone know whether that's true or not?

Thanks in advance!

ggss

Aug 12, 2013
Hi Veterans here....What you guys think will this be a wise decision if my wife apply for visitor visa now as per ECAS it says application received on Apr/12/2013 and not sure when she can get her PP call. So, if she can come here as a visitor and later when PP is requested she can send PP via courier to Australia rather flying back n fro

guide me on this ....thank you

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
Hi everyone!
Woke up to this email today, I'm little bit confused what it means/how to send it?

Dear

xxxxx:
Initial assessment of your application has been completed and your selection interview has been waived. You are not being asked to attend an interview at this time. However, until our office completes the processing of your application you may still be required to attend an interview for the purpose of ensuring that you are admissible to Canada.

In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

Police Clearance Certificate(s)
for: NEW ZEALAND Instructions for the required Police Certificate can be located online at www.cic.gc.ca.
You are required to provide this information before: 12 October 2013

So do I fill out the attached form and attach a copy of my passport? And can I scan and email these documents? Or do I need to send them via snail mail?
Thanks so much guys u have helped me so much!!! :D

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
Well my application was lodged on 12 march to sponsor my wife to canada and my application was forwarded to sydney australia in april for final processing. now its been more than 5 months and i haven't got any feedback from them. they have changed the processing time from 8 months to 11 months since i lodged my application. living life without a wife is not entertaining but it seems like people on strike think about money not that there are other people living in the world. my application status still says application received. when will this change...god knows...

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
ggss said:
Hi Veterans here....What you guys think will this be a wise decision if my wife apply for visitor visa now as per ECAS it says application received on Apr/12/2013 and not sure when she can get her PP call. So, if she can come here as a visitor and later when PP is requested she can send PP via courier to Australia rather flying back n fro

guide me on this ....thank you
If your wife is from a visa exempt country like Australia and New Zealand, she don't require a visit visa. If She is a citizen of a a country that requires visa to get in Canada, you have a 50% chances of getting that visa refused. But you never know. In any case that won't affect your sponsorship application. Yeah they certainly are taking their sweet time now since the strike is in place.
Please put your details in the spreadsheet below. It will help you and everyone here to get an idea of how long the whole process is taking. Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVlTaJuxc5kdFlsVkRfVFVOTWtCYjVjdU9tR1o2aXc

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
elzimo said:
Well my application was lodged on 12 march to sponsor my wife to canada and my application was forwarded to sydney australia in april for final processing. now its been more than 5 months and i haven't got any feedback from them. they have changed the processing time from 8 months to 11 months since i lodged my application. living life without a wife is not entertaining but it seems like people on strike think about money not that there are other people living in the world. my application status still says application received. when will this change...god knows...
It is so true! In this political battle the only side loosing is us who are away from their loved one. Vote carefully in the next elections!
The visa processing has slowed down drastically since the last month. I guess its because the files from visa offices like Beijing, Delhi and Manilla are trasferred over to Sydney since Sydney was not on strike. Bad luck I guess :-(

Please put your details in the spreadsheet below. It will help you and everyone here to get an idea of how long the whole process is taking. Good luck!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVlTaJuxc5kdFlsVkRfVFVOTWtCYjVjdU9tR1o2aXc

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
thanks... so sydney office is not on strike...i thought they were on strike as well... this delay is killing me as i have plans to go forward in life get settled but it seems like others who are allocated to serve the public see their pocket only. if we go on strike and theres no revenue generated by us towards the government then where will they go and fight for their money. they should be atleast thankful that they have money and job not like others who are still striving to get one. they should get people who are willing to help the public not just filling their pockets.

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
elzimo said:
thanks... so sydney office is not on strike...i thought they were on strike as well... this delay is killing me as i have plans to go forward in life get settled but it seems like others who are allocated to serve the public see their pocket only. if we go on strike and theres no revenue generated by us towards the government then where will they go and fight for their money. they should be atleast thankful that they have money and job not like others who are still striving to get one. they should get people who are willing to help the public not just filling their pockets.
I agree!! These government servants are holding the immigrants as hostages and using them to blackmail the goverment. I am just sick of how no one cares. Not even the media! Where's CBC when it comes to putting spotlight on matters that concerns immigrants? These PAFSO officers are actually paid pretty good. Well above the average Canadians. But no end to Greed. ANyways, it is what it is. We just gotta be patient and watch what happens. You take care my friend.

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
Do u guys have experience with background checks? I got mine on monday and haven't heard anything since.. Just wondering what the process is, how long it possibly takes, what's the next step etc..? :D

coldwater

Feb 24, 2013
It almost feels like we are being discouraged from marrying outside. My elder sister got married in 2004 and at that time when she sponsored my brother-in-law who was from Pakistan, it only took 6 months for him to receive his PR - and that was from Pakistan! Now, every year they just keep increasing the processing times :( It's just so frustrating :(

elzimo

Aug 13, 2013
coldwater said:
It almost feels like we are being discouraged from marrying outside. My elder sister got married in 2004 and at that time when she sponsored my brother-in-law who was from Pakistan, it only took 6 months for him to receive his PR - and that was from Pakistan! Now, every year they just keep increasing the processing times :( It's just so frustrating :(

thanks..has there been any update in anyones spousal sponsorship from sydney office

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
elzimo said:
thanks..has there been any update in anyones spousal sponsorship from sydney office
the only update i got was a request for another police clearance even though the one i sent with the application is still valid.. now this is gonna put everything on hold and i can forget about getting the visa this year.. so frustrating :-X

vik403

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Halifax, NS, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
26-03-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-10-2013
anskuhh said:
the only update i got was a request for another police clearance even though the one i sent with the application is still valid.. now this is gonna put everything on hold and i can forget about getting the visa this year.. so frustrating :-X
getting a police clearance shouldn't take too long. I think you might get your visa this year provided you act fast to get the PC. Good luck :)

anskuhh

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
VAN
Category........
Visa Office......
SYD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2013
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
21-02-2013
Med's Done....
30-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2013
LANDED..........
16-09-2013
vik403 said:
anskuhh said:
getting a police clearance shouldn't take too long. I think you might get your visa this year provided you act fast to get the PC. Good luck :)
They attached a form (consent to disclosure of information nz) that I'm supposed to fill out and send to them, then they request the police clearance for me (with that form) and thats why i know it will take forever!! so i would think atleast 2-3 months for them to send the form and get the cerficate from nz :(