04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
Robhi said:
@ yannie -- we filed on August 24, 2012 and got first stage approval on October 5, 2012. The file was transferred to Sydney and our status on e-cas has said "Medical Documents Received" from October 2012-February 2013 (4 months and counting). I guess I haven't had to wait nearly as long as you but it still feels like things are taking longer when I see other people getting their PR within 5 months of submission, hence the anxiety. Do you think I should wait a little longer before I go for a CAIPS report.
Hi Robhi,
Getting your CAIPS notes at this stage might be a bit early but of course that is entirely your prerogative. It is frustrating really seeing other applications being finalized so quickly. I did not see any red flag on my CAIPS notes but I can see that due to the fact that I have three children and lived in 3 different countries , it took them longer to assess . If yours is a straightforward case and just you and your spouse, I woud say yours won't be long.Take into consideration that Sydney VO's timeline is sitting at 9 months compared to last year's 7 months.

yannie

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
23-07-2012
File Transfer...
23-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-03-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-02-2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since 2010
marcopolocan said:
Hi Guys.

Some positive news at last!

Status changed to " In Process" as of January 14th. Still a bit nervous as they haven't sent any emails or correspondence telling us that the interview has been waived.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are? Did the "waived interview" email come before the "in process" on ECAS? Or does it matter?

Hi Marcopolocan,

Happy for your status update, for my case, I did not receive any correspondece about the interview being waived. My e-cas was not even updated, it is still sitting at application received/medicals received! Then I got these 2 e-mails stating my application is on the final stage of processing and asking for our passport pages. I just find E-cas unreliable

samvan

Feb 16, 2013
Hello
I have an outside Canada sponsorship by my wife. my medical exams expired so i redid them while i am visiting my wife in Canada and the results were received in Ottawa medical center in Nov 8th, 2012.
Then, in Feb 7th, 2013. I received an email from Beirut visa office asking me do the medical exams!
how long does it take for the medical results to be received in overseas visa office from Ottawa?
are the medical results going straight to overseas visa office or processing center in Mississauga?
where are my medical result after 3 months?
please If anybody has any idea or similar experience!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Yannie,

Thats great news...... looks like you are in the final stages and will be celebrating shortly. I'm happy for you.
Cheers

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
yannie said:
Hi Robhi,
Getting your CAIPS notes at this stage might be a bit early but of course that is entirely your prerogative. It is frustrating really seeing other applications being finalized so quickly. I did not see any red flag on my CAIPS notes but I can see that due to the fact that I have three children and lived in 3 different countries , it took them longer to assess . If yours is a straightforward case and just you and your spouse, I woud say yours won't be long.Take into consideration that Sydney VO's timeline is sitting at 9 months compared to last year's 7 months.
Hi Yannie -- my case very straightforward (sponsoring my wife from Australia under the family class, no kids, and I am already a Canadian citizen), so I hope you are right in saying it shouldn't be long. I will wait a little longer (say until the 6 month mark -- e.g. April) before I look into CAIPS notes. Thanks for your advice!

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Robhi said:
Hi Yannie -- my case very straightforward (sponsoring my wife from Australia under the family class, no kids, and I am already a Canadian citizen), so I hope you are right in saying it shouldn't be long. I will wait a little longer (say until the 6 month mark -- e.g. April) before I look into CAIPS notes. Thanks for your advice!
Robhi, you are almost at the 6 month mark. the time starts when they first receive the file. Mississauga got mine on August 28th so my 6 month mark is feb 28th. FYI. You're almost at yours too.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
c12345 said:
Robhi, you are almost at the 6 month mark. the time starts when they first receive the file. Mississauga got mine on August 28th so my 6 month mark is feb 28th. FYI. You're almost at yours too.
The processing times are consecutive. I copied and pasted this from the CIC site.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
Canstralian/Oznadian said:
The processing times are consecutive. I copied and pasted this from the CIC site.

There are two steps in processing family sponsorship applications. In order to know the total approximate time it may take for your application to be processed, ADD the time in step 1 to the time in step 2 (the two steps are consecutive).
My understanding was that the first stage approval (STEP 1 - assessment of sponsor) processing time was 55 days (as listed on their website here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp), and that the average processing times for second stage approval (STEP 2 - assessment of immigrant) was 9 months (as listed on their website for Australia here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp). So I've been counting the 9 months from October 2012 onwards, when I received first stage approval, rather than August 2012, when they received my application at Mississauga. Am I mistaken?

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Hi Robhi, you are right about the processing time. Other people just got processed earlier and I was advised by email by someone in the Sydney office they take 2 - 5 months to process applications once they get them. But you are right they advertise 9 so I don't think there is anything we can do until the 9 month mark. I listened to the advise from the email and are planning to move in April. Bought plane tickets and planned to leave work and rent out house... not sure it was the best idea!!!! My husband is too old now for the working holiday visa. When we met 9 years ago in Canada he was on that visa! too bad..

Who knows they might process a bunch all at once ad Rachy said they do! I am still keeping my fingers crossed on that one!!! Thanks for that advise rachy!!! I guess we just don't know if their processing time has changes since that email was sent.. I suppose I could try and email them to check?

Thanks for the info everybody!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys,

Just got our PPR request tonight. So its almost over!

Unfortunately, they asked for scanned passports, appendix B and ALSO more pictures.
The pictures will slow things down as we have to courier them. The only reason I can think of for more pics is that we are over the 6 month mark (in total) since application was received at CPC-M.

Any advice on couriers from Canada to Sydney and what method was best?
Cheers

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Yay marcopolocan!! I'm so pleased for you! You went in process the day before us so hopefully we might get our PPR soon too! The one thing I'm concerned about now is my husband's medical expired last month......if he has to redo it, I wish they'd let us know. Once again, congratulations!! The finish line is in sight. :)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Thanks Can/Oz

It does feel good especially because I was worried they did not waive our interview and there was a possibility of going to sydney after we just moved to Canada ahead of our PR.

I'm thinking your husband will have to likely redo the medical. But there is a silver lining to that too..... your PR visa will be valid to travel for the full year (assuming that your passport expires after the medical). It's a bit of a waste of money and time but just another check on the long list right!!!

Good luck and I'll continue to keep the Toes crossed for you.
Cheers

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
marcopolocan said:
Hi Guys,

Just got our PPR request tonight. So its almost over!

Unfortunately, they asked for scanned passports, appendix B and ALSO more pictures.
The pictures will slow things down as we have to courier them. The only reason I can think of for more pics is that we are over the 6 month mark (in total) since application was received at CPC-M.

Any advice on couriers from Canada to Sydney and what method was best?
Cheers
Great news! Congrats!! That's weird about the photos... maybe they accidentally misplaced them? (I was worried I would need to resupply mine because my head was heapd bigger than the attached example, but I didn't). I don't know of any couriers except FedEx and Purolater. My fiance'e mom sent us something by Purolater from Ottawa to Sydney and it got here in about five days!

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
I just received an email last night requesting my husbands passport i guess people call this PPR? How do we send in the copy of the passport? A bit confused with the mailing options. also, what happens once they receive the passport copy? was wondering of someone can rune through the process :)

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Bagel,

yeah those big head shots are terrible huh:)

Thanks for the advice. I called UPS (as it is one of the courier's listed on Appendix A) and its about $90 cdn one way. Ouch!!!
I just keep on giving and giving and giving........

Cheers