05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
yannie said:
[I looked into the "CAIPS" thing that you mentioned in your message. Does this report provide any more detail than what is available on ecas? Would you recommend obtaining one? It seems like a simple enough form to fill out but I am just wondering if it is any more detailed than what ecas provides?

Hi Robhi,
Yes the CAIPS/GCMS notes shows every detail..letters,inquiries and additional documents when received by them.It also shows updates they did on your file. I only requested the said notes because my application dragged from almost a year since I filed-7 months since I got my AOR from Sydney VO.When did you submit yours? If it is just a recent application, I would say wait a while as it will take a month or more for the notes to come back and if yours is still within the reasonable time frame, there wont be much details you find in there.Good luck on your application.
@yannie -- we filed on August 24, 2012 and got first stage approval on October 5, 2012. The file was transferred to Sydney and our status on e-cas has said "Medical Documents Received" from October 2012-February 2013 (4 months and counting). I guess I haven't had to wait nearly as long as you but it still feels like things are taking longer when I see other people getting their PR within 5 months of submission, hence the anxiety. Do you think I should wait a little longer before I go for a CAIPS report.

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Robhi said:
@ yannie -- we filed on August 24, 2012 and got first stage approval on October 5, 2012. The file was transferred to Sydney and our status on e-cas has said "Medical Documents Received" from October 2012-February 2013 (4 months and counting). I guess I haven't had to wait nearly as long as you but it still feels like things are taking longer when I see other people getting their PR within 5 months of submission, hence the anxiety. Do you think I should wait a little longer before I go for a CAIPS report.
Hey Robhi, we filed only a few days apart. I just looked into this caips thing and I think I'm going to do it.... wouldn't hurt. sick of waiting for this

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Guys.

Some positive news at last!

Status changed to " In Process" as of January 14th. Still a bit nervous as they haven't sent any emails or correspondence telling us that the interview has been waived.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are? Did the "waived interview" email come before the "in process" on ECAS? Or does it matter?

Thanks

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
Hi All,
We applied for spousal sponsorship on Nov 27. Still waiting for stage 1 approval in Canada. Seems we've had some bad luck here as we've heard of many submitted after us that have already gone through to stage 2. Our stage 2 will be processed in Sydney as my partner is a kiwi. Any idea of how things are going there? The average processing time right now is 9 months. Bit concerning because his medical will expire before that.
The Nov applicants thread has a tracking spreadsheet. Anything like that on here?
Cheers!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi NZandCan

Yes there is a spreadsheet for Sydney and its under "Rachiy's" signature.

As for processing times......that seems to vary, but a rough idea is about 4-6 months for the majority of cases from when Sydney receives the application from CPC-M.

Good Luck.

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
marcopolocan said:
Hi NZandCan

Yes there is a spreadsheet for Sydney and its under "Rachiy's" signature.

As for processing times......that seems to vary, but a rough idea is about 4-6 months for the majority of cases from when Sydney receives the application from CPC-M.

Good Luck.
Thanks for your reply!! That's better than the 9 months they quote for the average. We'd be happy with that :)

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
marcopolocan said:
Hi Guys.

Some positive news at last!

Status changed to " In Process" as of January 14th. Still a bit nervous as they haven't sent any emails or correspondence telling us that the interview has been waived.

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are? Did the "waived interview" email come before the "in process" on ECAS? Or does it matter?

Thanks
that's great news! I think mine changed to in process after they sent a request for additional documents (in which they included the fact that my interview had been waived). I would say it's a good thing, as they probably don't need anything more from you. Your PPR should be coming soon!

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
c12345 said:
Hey Robhi, we filed only a few days apart. I just looked into this caips thing and I think I'm going to do it.... wouldn't hurt. sick of waiting for this
Yeah I'm seriously considering it too, but just want to be sure it will give me more info than I already know. Let us know how it goes!

On a slightly unrelated note, my Australian wife (who is now on a 6-month visitor's visa in Canada) and I are planning a trip to Buffalo/Cleveland/Pittsburgh in the next few months. My question is, does this allow her to stay in Canada for another 6-month time frame when she comes back across the border? I know this is a bit of a loophole and that there is a more official way to apply for a temporary visa extension, but I'm just curious if anyone knows the answer to this question :p

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi Bagel,

I'm inclined to agree with you. Since we've been in process from Jan 14th, I'm hoping there is no need for additional info or for interview.
Crossing those fingers and toes.
Cheers

geebs

Feb 14, 2013
Hi guys,

Brilliant forum. I've been trying to find my answers by scrolling through previous threads but not totally clear. Briefly:

My wife (aussi) and I live in Toronto, and she's on her 1st 2-year Working Holiday visa here, expiring in late September. My questions are:

-Can she continue to work on her WHP visa while her PR application is pending?
-Can she renew her WHP still, if necessary, once her PR application has been submitted?
-Can we submit Outland applications from Toronto while both living in Toronto, as everyone seems to endorse this over submitting Inland? I had read that it first has to be submitted to the Mississauga office before being "forwarded" to Sydney, Aus.

First helpful forum I've found, and have enjoyed the "Australia or NZ applicants" forum as well!

Cheers,

freezing_aussie

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
10-10-2012
File Transfer...
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
It feels like nothing has been happening for the past few weeks in the Sydney office. All the July applicants on the spreadsheet received PPR by mid-January, but none of the August applicant have heard anything. I'm starting to worry again. Fingers crossed for us all.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
geebs said:
Hi guys,

Brilliant forum. I've been trying to find my answers by scrolling through previous threads but not totally clear. Briefly:

My wife (aussi) and I live in Toronto, and she's on her 1st 2-year Working Holiday visa here, expiring in late September. My questions are:

-Can she renew her WHP still, if necessary, once her PR application has been submitted?
-Can we submit Outland applications from Toronto while both living in Toronto, as everyone seems to endorse this over submitting Inland? I had read that it first has to be submitted to the Mississauga office before being "forwarded" to Sydney, Aus.

First helpful forum I've found, and have enjoyed the "Australia or NZ applicants" forum as well!

Cheers,
I may not be the best person to answer but I can give my opinion.
- Yes she can continue to work on her WHP VISA while her PR application is pending
- I am not sure- I know of others who have applied for a Visitor's Visa after the WHP has expired so they can 'wait out' the process, so if the WHP expires you can technically stay, but not necessarily work. (Someone correct me if I am wrong!)
- Yes you can apply Outland. The first stage gets processed in Mississauga, so that is where the application is sent initially. Outland you can appeal if for some reason the VISA gets rejected, also OUTLAND tends to have faster processing times. Inland you can't leave the country if the Sponsor is a PR and not a citizen.

Hopefully at least some of this info is useful!

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
marcopolocan said:
Hi Bagel,

I'm inclined to agree with you. Since we've been in process from Jan 14th, I'm hoping there is no need for additional info or for interview.
Crossing those fingers and toes.
Cheers
I'm hoping the same thing marcopolocan!!

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
geebs said:
Hi guys,

Cheers,
1. Yes. I am moving to Kelowna on the 10th of March with an IEC visa. I applied for PR back in September so it should be ready around April(ish) after I land.

2. I believe so, yes.
"Q: Can I participate in the Canadian IEC initiative more than once?
A: Yes, you may participate in the IEC initiative more than once under the Canada-Australia youth mobility arrangement. The current policy has no limit to the number of times you can participate under the program as long as you continue to meet the age criteria and all other admissibility and eligibility requirements. You do not have to wait for your current work permit to expire before reapplying but the earliest you may mail a new IEC application to our office is 12 weeks before your current work permit expires." https://www.whpcanada.org.au/faq.shtml

3. Yes, a lot quicker going outland.

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
freezing_aussie said:
It feels like nothing has been happening for the past few weeks in the Sydney office. All the July applicants on the spreadsheet received PPR by mid-January, but none of the August applicant have heard anything. I'm starting to worry again. Fingers crossed for us all.

I remember seeing a link that was posted on another thread which outlined how many officers work in each location and there are not many in Sydney (less than 10 I think), so the same officers that process family class also process Can experience and FSW etc - which would explain why we seem to get a flurry of activity and then hear nothing for a while - maybe they just move on to other categories.

I am sure that within a week or two there will be a whole lot more PPR's from Sydney for the August apps.