Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
rachiy said:
So I landed today at Carway, AB border. It was really, really easy. Both the US and CAN officers were friendly and nice to talk to. I was the only person there and it took about 30 mins to drive up to US, park, go inside and wait while they dealt with a paper jam to get my piece of paper, drive around to CAN, park, go inside and wait while they did the paperwork and then I was on my way.
They just confirmed my address and asked if I had any other dependants that were not listed and if I had committed any crimes since I applied. Really simple process!!

Can't believe it is all over after so much document collection and compiling. Next step is citizenship in a few years.
Congrats Raichy!!! So glad for you.

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
rachiy said:
So I landed today at Carway, AB border. It was really, really easy. Both the US and CAN officers were friendly and nice to talk to. I was the only person there and it took about 30 mins to drive up to US, park, go inside and wait while they dealt with a paper jam to get my piece of paper, drive around to CAN, park, go inside and wait while they did the paperwork and then I was on my way.
They just confirmed my address and asked if I had any other dependants that were not listed and if I had committed any crimes since I applied. Really simple process!!

Can't believe it is all over after so much document collection and compiling. Next step is citizenship in a few years.
Congratulations Rachiy, sounds lie it was quite simple!
Now all you need is a job with WestJet so you can take a cheapo flight out to Ottawa in June! haha ;)

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
I'm desperately waiting for ecas to change to "in process"... judging by the spreadsheet, by 5 months it should have changed to "in process". Has anyone else who submitted in August 2012 has this change yet?? I'm assuming Sydney is a bit behind...

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
c12345 said:
I'm desperately waiting for ecas to change to "in process"... judging by the spreadsheet, by 5 months it should have changed to "in process". Has anyone else who submitted in August 2012 has this change yet?? I'm assuming Sydney is a bit behind...
Hi I applied on Sep. 19th and was approved for sponsorship on Oct 26th. Still desperately waiting for change to in process as well. Havn't heard anything yet. I booked tickets for April to Canada and am organising moving out and leaving work so I hope they can get our application underway! It seems like a loooonngg time...

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
c12345 said:
Hi c12345, there are a few people who applied in early July who are also still waiting. It appears as though they work on the different files in batches, and there are groups that get done together. It is definitely frustrating, as there is no way of knowing whether you will be one of the 'lucky ones', but hopefully it will happen for you and the other applicants who were in early July, soon!

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
c12345 said:
I applied in late August. We got first stage approval and it says "Medical Documents Received" but are still waiting for 2nd stage approval. It is definitely frustrating because I see other people have already gotten their PR by the 5 month mark and we are still waiting. Then again the average processing time from first to second stage approval is 9 months, so I don't want to pester them with phone calls or emails. Does anyone here think it's worth enquiring about or is this delay normal?

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
Robhi said:
I applied in late August. We got first stage approval and it says "Medical Documents Received" but are still waiting for 2nd stage approval. It is definitely frustrating because I see other people have already gotten their PR by the 5 month mark and we are still waiting. Then again the average processing time from first to second stage approval is 9 months, so I don't want to pester them with phone calls or emails. Does anyone here think it's worth enquiring about or is this delay normal?
Mine says the same too... "Medical Documents Received"... so frustrating. I don't think I'll actually enquire until the 9 month mark if I haven't heard anything yet... don't want to tick them off.

c12345

Mar 31, 2012
Visa Office......
Sydney AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Passport Req..
20-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
On the CIC website under "check application", it says that the updates only get changed on Tuesdays. Is this true? Should I stop checking once a day?

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Robhi said:
Hi,
Ours says medical results have been recieved as well. Is there anyone that applied in August that has had their status changed to "in process"? I applied in September and am just wondering if I have a LONG wait ahead still. Thanks

jen123

Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can move to Canada before application has been processed. I understand my husband would not have a work permit but does anyone know if this is would effect the application process?

Thanks for your help

Mel Grover

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/11/2012
AOR Received.
02/07/2013
Med's Done....
26/09/2012
I got my AOR from Sydney today.

:)

Feb 7, 2013
Hi, I'm a new poster to this forum but have been following for a while. My question is..I applied in late August for sponsorship for my husband. I got an email on September 7th saying they received my file and then on October 17 I was approved for sponsorship. Second stage says my application has been received. Now I see alot of people say ecas changes to medicals received. Is this for those who sent their medicals after submitting their applications? We sent everything altogether and I wasn't sure if they received them? i guess im waiting for an inprocess before i can really start to get worried??

Robhi

Oct 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-10-2012
File Transfer...
05-10-2012
Passport Req..
14-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2013
LANDED..........
15-06-2013
jen123 said:
Hello,

Does anyone know if you can move to Canada before application has been processed. I understand my husband would not have a work permit but does anyone know if this is would effect the application process?

Thanks for your help
Yes -- but only as a visitor. You can stay here for a maximum of 6 months. That's what my wife and I are doing currently and we didn't have any problems at immigration at Pearson Airport in Toronto. We came prepared with all of her documents like our marriage certificate and also an explanation of why we hadn't yet purchased a return ticket, but they never asked us for this information. We even told them we had a family class PR application in progress and they were very understanding and allowed her to come into the country without any questions asked but they were clear on asking us how long she would be here as a visitor, so we said 180 days/6 months. Even after the 6 months is over, there is an "extension" to the temporary visitor visa status we can apply for to allow her to stay beyond the 6 month period.

2313 said:
Hi, I'm a new poster to this forum but have been following for a while. My question is..I applied in late August for sponsorship for my husband. I got an email on September 7th saying they received my file and then on October 17 I was approved for sponsorship. Second stage says my application has been received. Now I see alot of people say ecas changes to medicals received. Is this for those who sent their medicals after submitting their applications? We sent everything altogether and I wasn't sure if they received them? i guess im waiting for an inprocess before i can really start to get worried??
We submitted our medical certificate and police check along with the initial application. The email acknowledging receipt of our application only said we were given first stage approval. When we checked online, it said "Decision Made" for the sponsor, and it said "Application Received" for the immigrant. When you click on the link that says "Applicaiton Received", it takes you to another page where at the bottom it has more details, and on this page it says "Medical Documents Received" as well.

Feb 7, 2013
Robhi said:
We submitted our medical certificate and police check along with the initial application. The email acknowledging receipt of our application only said we were given first stage approval. When we checked online, it said "Decision Made" for the sponsor, and it said "Application Received" for the immigrant. When you click on the link that says "Applicaiton Received", it takes you to another page where at the bottom it has more details, and on this page it says "Medical Documents Received" as well.
I'm not very good at using this... so that quote may not have worked so well but if it did..thanks for responding. I do have Decision Made for me the sponsor and for the Application Received when I click the link all it comes up with is a messaging stating that they have received his application on this date. i scrolled to the very bottom and it has nothing about medical. hmm maybe they just haven't started my file???

matthew_fitzy

Star Member
Aug 26, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
25-10-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-04-2013
LANDED..........
10-03-2013
jen123 said:
Hello,

Thanks for your help
In my case, if you are <30 years old, you can also apply for an IEC visa (international experience Canada) which is a 2 year working holiday. I am flying out of Oz on the 6th March and doubt my PR will be squared away by then. This next "batch" of applications are taking so long!