16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Congrats!!!!

The spreadsheet is looking way better now than a few weeks ago.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
hi all... we just got back from the beautiful Hamilton Island (hubby came visit, :-* :-*) and I saw my eCas has been updated to "In process" :)

Rachiy, please update the spreadsheet... thank you!!!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
done. Congrats!
Hope you guys had a great time on Hamilton Island. I was going to take a job somewhere in the Whitsundays four years ago but came to Canada instead. Lol, how different would my life be now if I had.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
rachiy said:
done. Congrats!
Hope you guys had a great time on Hamilton Island. I was going to take a job somewhere in the Whitsundays four years ago but came to Canada instead. Lol, how different would my life be now if I had.
hahaha, i know how life could take us to unknown places and change it completely. :)

forgot to mention that the In process is 19/9/2012... :)

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
I have another (silly) question! For photos, did you send in photocopies of photos, or actual 4x6s? The latter makes sense from a quality point of view, and at 20 cents/print they're not exactly expensive, but the application says photocopies, so should I just do exactly as the application says?

edit: and another question: I have a Queensland Traffic History for my husband and the AFP check, but the Queensland Traffic History showed up WAY earlier than the AFP check (they were ordered together but the AFP took almost two months when the QTH was about two weeks), meaning the three months on it runs out in late October. We hope to have our application submitted by then, but I doubt it will have been looked at. Will we have to get another one, and if so, should we wait for them to request it?

And this is just repeating one of my questions from the last page:

3) Will they find it weird that my husband's address will still be in Canada and that his medical check will come from Canada?

I know raichy gave me what is probably the correct advice but just asking again in case anyone knows for sure :)

BCRain

Aug 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Syndey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2012
File Transfer...
30-10-2012
Med's Done....
05-07-2012
chipits said:
I have another (silly) question! For photos, did you send in photocopies of photos, or actual 4x6s? The latter makes sense from a quality point of view, and at 20 cents/print they're not exactly expensive, but the application says photocopies, so should I just do exactly as the application says?

edit: and another question: I have a Queensland Traffic History for my husband and the AFP check, but the Queensland Traffic History showed up WAY earlier than the AFP check (they were ordered together but the AFP took almost two months when the QTH was about two weeks), meaning the three months on it runs out in late October. We hope to have our application submitted by then, but I doubt it will have been looked at. Will we have to get another one, and if so, should we wait for them to request it?

And this is just repeating one of my questions from the last page:

3) Will they find it weird that my husband's address will still be in Canada and that his medical check will come from Canada?

I know raichy gave me what is probably the correct advice but just asking again in case anyone knows for sure :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've read in other threads on the forum, they just have to have received your application before the 3 month timeline on the police check expires. Otherwise it would be ridiculous, since they are taking ~70 days to start looking at applications, you would literally have to send in your application as soon as your received your police check back and hope you received it within 20 days of processing. Also - you can order the AFP checks online now, in case you didn't have that option before. Can now pay with credit card, and the name check came back in ~2 weeks.

We also listed my partner's address in Canada and she had her medical done here. I've also read about people travelling to different countries to get medicals done because they were more convenient to get to, etc. As long as it's done by a DMP it shouldn't matter.

Canstralian/Oznadian

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
File Transfer...
25-06-2012
Med's Done....
09-01-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2013, arrived in Canada 13-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Wow, so pleased things are moving for everyone!! I wish we could see some movement, just an "in process" would be nice.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
chipits:

re: pictures...
we did a combination of real prints and printed from the computer. I printed about 50 real ones and put a small post it on each saying the date, where we were and who was in each picture. the rest I did 3 pics per page and printed them in colour from my printer, below each picture I wrote date, location who was in the pics and what the occasion was if there was one. I used word to do that. obviously the quality isn't as good as real prints, but they get so bulky and heavy when sending a big pile

as long as the traffic history and police check don't expire before you send the application it should be fine. we got delayed and had to get the police checks and traffic history done 2x which was a big pain because neither of us are in australia.

we live in canada and the medicals were done here, and all our addresses and contact info is from here which is fine.(we just got approved for sponsorship stage one, so it must be ok!)

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
Have I mentioned lately how brilliant the Sydney VO are?

My photocopied passport managed to get lost in the post. I emailed the Sydney VO, and received a prompt response stating that a scanned copy of the passport will be accepted by email. Scanning the passport wasn't easy or much fun, but I know that it reached it's destination this time.

Thought this may be useful info for others approaching this stage. Of course, if I could go back in time, I would have included a full photocopy of every page of my passport in the initial application (rather than just the pages with stamps).

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
misskay said:
Have I mentioned lately how brilliant the Sydney VO are?

My photocopied passport managed to get lost in the post. I emailed the Sydney VO, and received a prompt response stating that a scanned copy of the passport will be accepted by email. Scanning the passport wasn't easy or much fun, but I know that it reached it's destination this time.

Thought this may be useful info for others approaching this stage. Of course, if I could go back in time, I would have included a full photocopy of every page of my passport in the initial application (rather than just the pages with stamps).
hmm... i didn't send it with my application and i also emailed them telling them i would like to have the pr on my australian passport (which i will obly obtain after 31/10, the date of my citizenship ceremony). hope they would be ok with it.. i havent heard from them but my status has changed to "in process"... that means some nice officers have touched it?

misskay

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 8th
AOR Received.
Jul 11th
File Transfer...
Jul 31st
Med's Done....
Feb 20th
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 31st
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 9th
LANDED..........
Oct 12th
miniejungle said:
hmm... i didn't send it with my application and i also emailed them telling them i would like to have the pr on my australian passport (which i will obly obtain after 31/10, the date of my citizenship ceremony). hope they would be ok with it.. i havent heard from them but my status has changed to "in process"... that means some nice officers have touched it?
Yep - If your file is "In Process" then they are currently working on it, and they will contact you in writing if any further information is required. The passport will be requested eventually, and you'll have 30 days to provide it. Good luck!