+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread For applications Through SYDNEY (AUSTRALIA) Office

wildrose

Jul 24, 2012
Hi Everyone,

We have a bit of a unique case and thought there might be someone on here with a simular experience. We are planning on submitting my fiances application in early 2013 after our wedding in March 2013 and just wondering if anyone could help with some of our questions.

1) We are applying from New Zealand where we both live, has anyone had any success applying from outside Canada and what proof did you provide to show your intended plans to move back to Canada once the PR is approved?

2) My fiance is a New Zealand citizen now but is originally from South Africa so we are wondering approximately how long it takes to get a police check from SA if anyone has tried soing this from NZ?

3) Since we will have to apply to Canada to assess if I can be a sponsor then it will go to Sydney after that, has anyone had experience in how long this is taking?

4) The application guide indicates you need to submit the entire application but it seems many people have sent in their application then sent their medicals and police checks after. Has anyone waited and sumitted these after their initial application and did this cause any delays or issues for them?

5) Once the PR is approved how long do we have until he needs to enter Canada and how long does it take to get the PR card so that he can go back to NZ to sort out out affairs?

6) I have NZ residency based on our relationship but it seems like they require much more for the Canadian application, has anyone been approved for NZ residency for family class but had trouble when they provided the same info to Canada?

There is much information on the CIC website but a lot of it seems to be open to interpretation so just curious what other peoples experiences are. Any advice and help with this would be really appreciate.

Thanks everyone.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
7/12/2012 with or without visa :)
Hi, i didnt know Sydney visa office has its own thread till now. All i went in to check was the june thread and assie/nz thread. :) looks like this thread has been quiet recently - meaning not many ppl applying via Sydney office some how....i was hoping to know the timeline for Sydney visa office but we dont have any recent cases here. Anyone else processing from here?

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
yes my bf and i are applying through sydney. we applied in july so all our info is in the july spreadsheet on here. good luck!

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey minie,
This thread was started two years ago, and every now and then it gets dug up and active, but most people are in the other NZ/Aussie thread which was started recently and pretty active. The timelines from the early people in this thread are not really relevant now as so much changes with the VO's. Although it is good to see that Sydney almost never requests interviews and has an awesome success rate.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
Thank you rachiy and figgy, i found the other thread too. Just finished reading this thread and i found some interesting information, mostly positive and encouraging. The only thing worries me is actually in what circumstance Sydney visa office forwards the application onto other office (im australian pr n singaporean here). Right now current waiting time for sing office is 21 months, and surely i dont wish to wait that long. I hope its just a one off case and other prs got their applications assessed in sydney. Ive passed the australian citizenship recently and now waiting for the ceremony so i guess what i'll do is to email sydney office immediately once my file got transfered to them to tell them to hold my application here in sydney. Hope it works, cos i cant bear to wait 21 months. I'll rather go kill myself!!!

marcopolocan

Star Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi wildrose,

1) Proof- joint bank accounts, life insurance with beneficiary, mortgage, wills, rental lease, phone, power bills etc. (anything that has both of your names on them). Flights and boarding passes, pictures, skype logs etc.
2) No idea about a timeline for a police check from SA but I personally would submit police and medicals with your application. A complete application means less delays. Having said that, there must be a timeline given by authorities that deal with SA police certificates. Therefore, time the police certs with when you are about to send in the application. For NZ you just need to follow the regional guide (CIC request the police cert). Fill the consent form out and add passport page and residency permit if applicable with application.
3) For sydney (stage 1+2) is about 7-10 months. Only a guide and can be faster if your case is straight forward or slower if any issues. Check the spreadsheet on this thread and that will give you some idea.
4) sorting out affairs is tricky. I'm trying to do that myself with school for kids and selling house and business. Once the PR comes in you'll be given a date to land by and you need to by that date. Also your PR card once you land is taking about 6 wks I believe.
5) gather as much evidence as you can. There are some threads here that deal specifically with filling out the application and with pictures to boot! I think off of the top of my head you can try the USA thread and they have info.

Good luck

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
Seriously i wish i found this forum earlier so that i could learn from you all how to prepare a complete application. :( i didnt send in chat logs, medical certificate ( Was pregnant then and lost the baby subsequently and had to be bed-ridden for almost a month), one police check was about to expire, and the singapore police check had to wait for the request from cic. :( my application is far from complete...

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
update from me:

i didn't get emailed or mailed AOR but when i tried logging onto eCas it showed: application received 18 Aug, medical received. On the sponsorship status now reads "decision made" on 22nd aug, but we haven't received the letter.

could someone please update the timeline? maybe AOR? once i get the written approval, i will let you guys know. thanks and cheers!

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
more update from me:

we got the snail mail today, so the approval is finally here, woohoo!!! dated 22/8 and my application has been forwarded to Sydney office on the same day.

stage 2 now... please update the spreadsheet. thanks!

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
miniejungle said:
more update from me:

we got the snail mail today, so the approval is finally here, woohoo!!! dated 22/8 and my application has been forwarded to Sydney office on the same day.

stage 2 now... please update the spreadsheet. thanks!
Congrats minijungle! It seems many of the Sydney applicants get sponsorship approval via snail mail- and it always seems to take 10+ days to arrive making the experience even more nerve-wracking! Here's hoping for a smooth and quick Stage 2 for you :)

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
bagelbagel81 said:
Congrats minijungle! It seems many of the Sydney applicants get sponsorship approval via snail mail- and it always seems to take 10+ days to arrive making the experience even more nerve-wracking! Here's hoping for a smooth and quick Stage 2 for you :)
thanks bagelbagel81! hope you receive good news soon too... Canada Post is sure slow. I hope our Sydney office will be quick.

do you know who takes care of the spreadsheet? can we do the update ourselves?

bagelbagel81

Jun 13, 2012
Sydney
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Jul 2012
AOR Received.
25th Sep 2012
File Transfer...
25th Sep 2012
Med's Done....
2nd Jul 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
17th Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
22nd Jan 2013
LANDED..........
6th June 2013!
miniejungle said:
thanks bagelbagel81! hope you receive good news soon too... Canada Post is sure slow. I hope our Sydney office will be quick.

do you know who takes care of the spreadsheet? can we do the update ourselves?
I think rachiy is looking after the Sydney VO thread, and the way the spreadsheet is set up, I don't think anyone else can edit it. I am not sure how frequently she posts, but you can try private messaging?

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
bagelbagel81 said:
I think rachiy is looking after the Sydney VO thread, and the way the spreadsheet is set up, I don't think anyone else can edit it. I am not sure how frequently she posts, but you can try private messaging?
okay thanks... i'll ask her via pm. didnt know we have this function!

if she doesnt come in often maybe it's good to have someone current to take over?

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hey Minie,
Congrats on your approval!
I just made a quick sydney ss as i couldnt see any others and i wanted an idea of how long stage 2 actually took as i wasnt buying 8 months when there were stories of 30 day processing (and it will take my employers 3-4 months to replace me).
Apart from all the sydney aplicants in july everyone is really spread out and inactive so it is hard to update when the info isnt in one place or even posted on the forum. I do check on the relevant threads often but there really aren't many sydney applicants so thats why the ss looks pretty inactive. If you notice anything else that needs to be updated let me know. I will add your details in the next hour or so.

miniejungle

Star Member
Aug 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/06/2012
AOR Received.
18/08/2012
File Transfer...
22/8/2012
Med's Done....
17/07/2012
LANDED..........
rachiy said:
Hey Minie,
Congrats on your approval!
I just made a quick sydney ss as i couldnt see any others and i wanted an idea of how long stage 2 actually took as i wasnt buying 8 months when there were stories of 30 day processing (and it will take my employers 3-4 months to replace me).
Apart from all the sydney aplicants in july everyone is really spread out and inactive so it is hard to update when the info isnt in one place or even posted on the forum. I do check on the relevant threads often but there really aren't many sydney applicants so thats why the ss looks pretty inactive. If you notice anything else that needs to be updated let me know. I will add your details in the next hour or so.
rachiy,

thank you for starting and keeping this ss up to date. i know we don't have much information on Sydney VO on hands, and your ss helps a lot for us all to plan our next move. (30 days might have happened a while ago when processing time was less than 6 months, but now on CIC official website it's 8 months so i guess best we can hope for is from 4-5 months... i will keep a look out in June's applicants ss (my batch, hehe) but no many are going to Sydney VO either. I will alert you here, or pm you if i see them okay?

Thanks!