Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
Thanks! This is a question about the meds, should I do this before I send the application or can I do this after?

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
yokies said:
Thanks! This is a question about the meds, should I do this before I send the application or can I do this after?
Get them done first. I suggest shopping around where you are located; call every listed panel physician that you could go to and get prices. Just remember that your med has a 1 year expiry and CIC must receive your police certificate(s) within 3 months of them being issued so try and time the mailing of your application around these two. And make sure you find the Aus country specific guide!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3906e.pdf

Thestylemaster is a great person to take advice from, 74 day processing! Just be as thorough and prepared as you can and send a complete application. Anything CIC Might have to request at a later date can hold up your application.

These are some proofs we sent with ours:
- copies of my health insurance that names boyfriend as beneficiary
- copies of our joint dental coverage cards
- copies of the cover letter of our joint bank account as well as a void cheque; both have both our names and showed rent payments, shopping, utilities, transfers from both of us etc
- 2 stat decs from friends/ family
- copies of my cell log; the oldest 3 months and newest 3 months going back a year and a half, I highlighted his number and it showed I called him a minimum of once a day consistently over this period
- a copy of FB page showing us listed in a relationship from such and such date, I personally thought this was kind of silly but we live in a social networking age I guess
- we only had about 20 photos; just make sure you describe who's in it, who took it, where and when it was taken
-a stat dec of common law (this is optional if your spouse isn't co-signer but we rent from a friend and couldn't obtain a joint lease so we includes this as well as;
- copies of a letter from every month going back as far as possible, one addressed to each of us in the same month at the same address (a lot of these were utilities which helps too)

Hope this helps! The great thing about this place is that we all know what you're going through. People like Style, Torvic and myself most recently. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask, I sort of feel like I owe it to this forum to help other people going through this if I can. If I were you, to be safe, I would look at submitting your application no later than say June/ July. That will give you roughly 4 months leeway with an office that is plowing through applications in around 3 months right now. Times can change and you never really want to leave it cutting too close.

Good luck!

canaussie87

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt - DM 22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt - CoPR Received 04-05-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
benjis_monikuss

thank you very much for that information! that's very helpful :) Congratulations on finally getting it all completed!!

Did you have to submit an original birth certificate? I have everything just about lined up to submit - I'm just waiting on police & traffic certs as well as getting this medical completed!

I can't wait until it's over withhhhhhhhhh! I have a few queries regarding answering a couple of the stupid questions on the forms... if I was to ask about this on here, would you have a second to clarify things?

thanks again - this forum is no doubt a HUGE boost of confidence!!! you guys are fantastic in providing experience and advice.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Simply put; if I hadn't found this forum I'd be 3 and a half months into an inland application with no correspondence so far. Feel free to ask as many questions as you can, even if they seem silly. That's what we're here for! Hahaha.

I just sent a copy of my birth cert. The only originals of anything I sent were forms, any stat decs, police cert and traffic history.

The medical is nice and easy; urine test, blood test, chest X-Ray. Mine took about an hour- hour and a half start to finish. Would love to know why I had to strip to have him check my heart with a stethoscope but it's a little late now lol.

I'm hanging around the house making cookies today with no plans for anything else in sight, so ask away!

canaussie87

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hahaha send some cookies this way - this office is monotonous at the moment!! I could use a sugar hit.

I'm not overly stressed about this application as my visa expires July 26th 2015 so I have PLENTY of time, but the sooner the better for me getting this application sent out.. if I can avoid spending money on Lawyers overseeing this application, I will!!! SO THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE!!! Did you get a lawyer involved at all?

Before I ask too many questions - did you lodge OUTLAND whilst living in Canada or are you still in Australia and lodged OUTLAND? This will give me an indication of how well our situations will relate!!

I'll start with this question though:

Did you attain your stat decs from Canada or Australia? Is there a preference from CIC? I can't seem to find this answer.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
canaussie87 said:
Hahaha send some cookies this way - this office is monotonous at the moment!! I could use a sugar hit.

I'm not overly stressed about this application as my visa expires July 26th 2015 so I have PLENTY of time, but the sooner the better for me getting this application sent out.. if I can avoid spending money on Lawyers overseeing this application, I will!!! SO THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADVICE!!! Did you get a lawyer involved at all?

Before I ask too many questions - did you lodge OUTLAND whilst living in Canada or are you still in Australia and lodged OUTLAND? This will give me an indication of how well our situations will relate!!

Did you attain your stat decs from Canada or Australia? Is there a preference from CIC? I can't seem to find this answer.
I'm a qualified chef so cookies ahoy! Haha. We used absolutely no help from any legal associates, it was all me and this forum... and a little bit from my boyfriend lol. I just posted this to another Aussie that's in the pre-submission stage so I'll put it here too:

So page for page this is how I sent our file. Sections were just paper-clipped together and everything was sent in one envelope. My approach was quality over quantity; if you were the VO how would you like to see your applications when you got them?

Section 1:
Generic checklist, Appendix A & B (that's the Aus country specific checklist), our fees receipt, Application to Sponsor Sponsorship Agreement and undertaking (with barcode pages on top), Sponsorship Evaluation, extra page addressing N/A and answering questions, sponsor's Assessment of Notice, a letter from sponsor's employer stating dates of employment, wage, hours etc; a printout of his last two months of pay stubs, Sponsor Questionnaire, extra page addressing N/A and answering questions
Section 2:
Generic Application Form Canada (with barcode pages on top), Schedule A Background Declaration, extra page addressing N/A and answering questions, Sponsored Spouse/ Partner Questionnaire, extra page addressing N/A and answering questions, Additional Family Information
Section 3:
Copy of sponsors birth cert (both sides), copy of sponsor's passport, a copy of my birth cert, a copy of my passport, a copy of my last entry into Canada stamp (optional), a copy of my current WHP, Statutory Declaration of Common-Law (optional if common-law isn't co-signer), Statutory Declaration of Severance of Common-Law Relationship (I'd been defacto 3 1/2 years prior in Aus), 2 stat decs from friends and family, a copy of our joint account agreement with both names (this also showed groceries, utilities, outings, transfers in our names), a single letter each at our current address (I would address this later), a void cheque in both names, a dental coverage card in both names, copy of sponsor's licence and service cards, a copy of health insurance listing sponsor as beneficiary, a copy of FB page listing us as in a relationship since DD-MM-YYYY, my QLD Police Check, my e-medical cover page, a copy of the receipt, x-ray receipt (were in two different buildings)
Section 4:
A copy of my phone records from the oldest 3 months and newest 3 months dating back a year and a half highlighting his number being called at least once a day consistently over this period
Section 5:
7 pages of photos (2 photos per page) saying who, when, where and taken by whom

I would later send another envelope directly to Sydney while I waited for my requested traffic history to come through. Let me add that I worried about only sending 1 letter each addressed to our current address as proof of cohabitation for 12 months. So I went back through all our mail and was able to find one letter each, addressed to the same place, in the same month, dating back about a year or so... if that makes sense? So in the envelope I included;

- Cover letter with UCI, names, DOB stating that I was submitting further evidence on my own behalf since we had celebrated our 2 year anniversary in this time
- Copies of the year of letters to prove cohabitation
- Another 5 pages of photos laid out as before, 2 pictures per page.

To address your questions;

Yes I did lodge outland while living here (Canada). I've been on WHP since 2010 and haven't 'left' Canada since Dec 2012, lucky me! =D

I got all my stat decs done locally, as long as they are properly accredited I don't believe they'd care if you got them done in Guatamala hahaha.

You have plenty of time! My WHP would have expired this Dec so I gave myself a good 12 month window just in case, You never can be sure when it comes to government affiliations!

yokies

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
AOR Received.
28-08-2014 and 09-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
27-12-2014
^ thanks for all the helpful information that was provided.

Just another question...I know there is no income requirement for spousal sponsorship, would it look bad on the application if my spouse is not working. He is studying at the moment and I work full time and earn income. If I provide my contract and payslips do you think that would be good enough? I'm kind of worried about him not having a job coz he is studying and that somehow impacting the decision despite the fact I've read no income requirements..

And also I read the guideline book thing for Australia, in lieu of a birth certificate do you think I can send copies of passport, Australia citizenship certificate and my Ontario drivers licence? I'm thinking it's probably gonna be hard for me to obtain a birth certificate and I don't see it say birth certificate in the guide unless I misread it. Thanks!

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Congrats!!!

We also got a little teary-eyed when the border officer welcomed us to Canada... :) What a journey! We crossed over to the USA and did a bit of shopping in Plattsburgh before we returned to Montreal. It was -20C but it was a fun day. :)

No PR card yet... :/

Cheers...

benjis_monikuss said:
I did it! The boy went fishing so I took advantage of the spring forward and went down to Sumas first thing this morning. I'm a permanent resident! I got a little teary when my awesome border officer said these words. Took less than an hour; drove straight to a booth on US side, waited 25 min to get back into Canada (and that was with an officer cutting me back into the line up), 10 min on Canadian side and I was driving away a Canadian! So happy it's all over with, good luck to everyone waiting!

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
And don't forget about your traffic history report if you were a resident of QLD or VIC!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp

canaussie87 said:

torvic

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
04-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Thought we could provide some insight on how our application was organized - we owe so much to this forum for helping us with this process, so we thought we should add some info on what worked for us! FYI we are a couple that share the "torvic" account - M (Canadian woman) and A (Australian man, and now Canadian PR!). M is writing this summary!

We should note that we spoke to an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant. Both asked us about our backgrounds and noted that there were no red flags (in a relationship for 4+ years, living together for 2+ years, we are both currently employed, no previous sponsorships or common law partners, no dependents, no criminal background) - we asked both professionals if they thought we needed their services, and both said as long as we were diligent and read all the forms very closely, we should have no problem completing the application on our own.

Our approach was to create something that would make it easy for the CIC officer(s) to find anything they were looking for within the application. We separated the app into 3 sections: sponsor documents, primary applicant documents, and proof of relationship documents. For each section, we included a table of contents that was specific to our application, printed on green paper so at a glance they could flip to whichever section they needed. The TOCs were tailored to the contents that we included, with specifics (e.g. Lease agreement for ADDRESS, dated MONTH DAY YEAR; Statutory declaration from NAME, etc). Although the CIC document checklists are helpful, and we maintained the order they specified in the checklists, we wanted to use our own TOCs to itemize each and every document we were including.

On top of the package, we included the two checklists (sponsor IMM 5491 and the country-specific instructions for Australia IMM 3906).
Next we included a cover letter which we wrote ourselves, to explain how we had laid out the application in three sections, as well as summarizing why A was a good candidate for permanent residency (no criminal history, already employed, good health record, contributing to society, etc.). This is in no way necessary, but we thought it might be a good way to appeal to the officer who was reviewing our application and to explain any other details we needed to tell them.

Next we had the sponsor documents including all required forms, which included an additional response to IMM 5540, in which M summarized how we met in a few pages of text, including some details on how A is an ideal partner and how we rely on each other for emotional support, etc. We also included photocopy of passport, Option C printout from CRA, employment letter.

The primary applicant documents included all required forms. A included an elaborated response to Question 9 on IMM 5490E, which summarized the details of our meeting and progression of our relationship. He included some important emotional details (e.g. when we first said I love you, how it felt when we had to leave each other after visits, when we first moved in together), pictures of us together throughout the relationship, including trips together. As well, A included a copy of his birth certificate, passport, and current IEC visa.

Our proof of relationship section was the biggest section by far. We were very fortunate in that we had been living together for so long due to the amazing IEC setup between Canada and Australia (A was on his 3rd IEC visa when we applied), so we had plenty of photos together and proof that we lived together. When we first started dating, we decided to keep a box of our cards and letters back and forth to each other, tickets from trips and concerts, etc. so we could have it as proof down the road - one of our better ideas! (NOTE FROM A: In truth, this was all M's idea. Fellas, if your woman says to date and save all your cards and tickets etc, just trust she knows what she's doing). All we had to do was pull out our box and choose what to include and make photocopies! We labelled any documents recommended in the document checklists (lease, utility bills, etc) with some removable document flags, as an extra way to show, at a glance, that we had included these.

In this section we included: a copy of our apartment lease; rental receipts for each year we had been in the apartment (we asked our management office to prepare these); photocopy of both our driver's licenses showing the same address (A got an Ontario license shortly after he moved here in 2011); a copy of our tenant insurance document for the apartment where we live and a letter regarding an insurance matter we dealt with in early 2013; photocopies of pieces of mail to each of us from our cell phone companies; bank and CRA statements that showed our joint address; copies of our hydro bills throughout our tenancy; and internet bills from our tenancy. We also included receipts for joint household purchases: Sofa, ikea receipts, A/C unit, Apple TV, bed, TV, chest of drawers. We included a copy of a spreadsheet we use to keep track of our household expenses (just a way to show that we share financial responsibilities – we don't have a joint bank account and didn't have each other as dependents on our insurance at the time of our application). We had 2 statutory declarations – one from M's parents in Canada and one from A's best friend in Australia, as well as 13 letters from other friends and family. (This seems like overkill looking back on it, but we put out a call for letters attesting to our relationship and we gratefully received an overwhelming response!!). We also included emails back and forth during the time we were apart (11 months from July 2010 to June 2011), Skype call logs, selected Facebook chat logs, cell phone bills for a few months with the other person's number highlighted to show frequency of calls.

We included lots of photos. We did this as a table in a Word document, with photos pasted into the left side of the table, with a caption on the right side, detailing names of people in the photo, place photo was taken, and the approximate date (month and year in most cases). We also included some personal details in these caption to make our application more "human" (e.g. this is A trying his first oyster, he didn't like it :) ). We tried to include photos that showed each of us with each other's family, and any friends who had written us letters or Stat Decs. Next, we included cards, post cards and letters from throughout our relationship organized by approximate date.

We also included some email confirmations from travel or hotel bookings for trips taken as a couple, and photocopies of tickets for movies, concerts, and other events we had attended together.

At the end of the application we included A's National Police Certificate, eMedical form from his medical exam, and his immigration photos.

Phew!!

It was a long process preparing our application – it felt like we had homework every night for about a month and a half but it was SO worth it. We definitely recommend including as much detail as you can. If there are no red flags or things to hide, and you provide those details about what makes your relationship special, it shows the CIC that you are well and truly legit and in love with each other. Also, if you have enough time on your current visa, definitely go through the Sydney office rather than Ottawa. We made that decision the night before we sent our application, and it was one of our best decisions ever! 86 days from start to finish!

We are so grateful to everyone on this forum who helped us with answering our questions – there are so many little details to keep track of or awkward wordings on the CIC forms and communications – so it was helpful to have a sounding board for this stuff.

Hope this post helps you with your applications in the future!

TL;DR - If there are no red flags, DIY – read everything carefully, seek help from the forum, include as much detail & proof as you can in a package that is very organized; apply through Sydney, and be patient!

Also, here is a picture of our application at the very end. Hairy hand for scale.

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
torvic said:
Thought we could provide some insight on how our application was organized - we owe so much to this forum for helping us with this process, so we thought we should add some info on what worked for us! FYI we are a couple that share the "torvic" account - M (Canadian woman) and A (Australian man, and now Canadian PR!). M is writing this summary!

We should note that we spoke to an immigration lawyer and an immigration consultant. Both asked us about our backgrounds and noted that there were no red flags (in a relationship for 4+ years, living together for 2+ years, we are both currently employed, no previous sponsorships or common law partners, no dependents, no criminal background) - we asked both professionals if they thought we needed their services, and both said as long as we were diligent and read all the forms very closely, we should have no problem completing the application on our own.

Our approach was to create something that would make it easy for the CIC officer(s) to find anything they were looking for within the application. We separated the app into 3 sections: sponsor documents, primary applicant documents, and proof of relationship documents. For each section, we included a table of contents that was specific to our application, printed on green paper so at a glance they could flip to whichever section they needed. The TOCs were tailored to the contents that we included, with specifics (e.g. Lease agreement for ADDRESS, dated MONTH DAY YEAR; Statutory declaration from NAME, etc). Although the CIC document checklists are helpful, and we maintained the order they specified in the checklists, we wanted to use our own TOCs to itemize each and every document we were including.

On top of the package, we included the two checklists (sponsor IMM 5491 and the country-specific instructions for Australia IMM 3906).
Next we included a cover letter which we wrote ourselves, to explain how we had laid out the application in three sections, as well as summarizing why A was a good candidate for permanent residency (no criminal history, already employed, good health record, contributing to society, etc.). This is in no way necessary, but we thought it might be a good way to appeal to the officer who was reviewing our application and to explain any other details we needed to tell them.

Next we had the sponsor documents including all required forms, which included an additional response to IMM 5540, in which M summarized how we met in a few pages of text, including some details on how A is an ideal partner and how we rely on each other for emotional support, etc. We also included photocopy of passport, Option C printout from CRA, employment letter.

The primary applicant documents included all required forms. A included an elaborated response to Question 9 on IMM 5490E, which summarized the details of our meeting and progression of our relationship. He included some important emotional details (e.g. when we first said I love you, how it felt when we had to leave each other after visits, when we first moved in together), pictures of us together throughout the relationship, including trips together. As well, A included a copy of his birth certificate, passport, and current IEC visa.

Our proof of relationship section was the biggest section by far. We were very fortunate in that we had been living together for so long due to the amazing IEC setup between Canada and Australia (A was on his 3rd IEC visa when we applied), so we had plenty of photos together and proof that we lived together. When we first started dating, we decided to keep a box of our cards and letters back and forth to each other, tickets from trips and concerts, etc. so we could have it as proof down the road - one of our better ideas! (NOTE FROM A: In truth, this was all M's idea. Fellas, if your woman says to date and save all your cards and tickets etc, just trust she knows what she's doing). All we had to do was pull out our box and choose what to include and make photocopies! We labelled any documents recommended in the document checklists (lease, utility bills, etc) with some removable document flags, as an extra way to show, at a glance, that we had included these.

In this section we included: a copy of our apartment lease; rental receipts for each year we had been in the apartment (we asked our management office to prepare these); photocopy of both our driver's licenses showing the same address (A got an Ontario license shortly after he moved here in 2011); a copy of our tenant insurance document for the apartment where we live and a letter regarding an insurance matter we dealt with in early 2013; photocopies of pieces of mail to each of us from our cell phone companies; bank and CRA statements that showed our joint address; copies of our hydro bills throughout our tenancy; and internet bills from our tenancy. We also included receipts for joint household purchases: Sofa, ikea receipts, A/C unit, Apple TV, bed, TV, chest of drawers. We included a copy of a spreadsheet we use to keep track of our household expenses (just a way to show that we share financial responsibilities – we don't have a joint bank account and didn't have each other as dependents on our insurance at the time of our application). We had 2 statutory declarations – one from M's parents in Canada and one from A's best friend in Australia, as well as 13 letters from other friends and family. (This seems like overkill looking back on it, but we put out a call for letters attesting to our relationship and we gratefully received an overwhelming response!!). We also included emails back and forth during the time we were apart (11 months from July 2010 to June 2011), Skype call logs, selected Facebook chat logs, cell phone bills for a few months with the other person's number highlighted to show frequency of calls.

We included lots of photos. We did this as a table in a Word document, with photos pasted into the left side of the table, with a caption on the right side, detailing names of people in the photo, place photo was taken, and the approximate date (month and year in most cases). We also included some personal details in these caption to make our application more "human" (e.g. this is A trying his first oyster, he didn't like it :) ). We tried to include photos that showed each of us with each other's family, and any friends who had written us letters or Stat Decs. Next, we included cards, post cards and letters from throughout our relationship organized by approximate date.

We also included some email confirmations from travel or hotel bookings for trips taken as a couple, and photocopies of tickets for movies, concerts, and other events we had attended together.

At the end of the application we included A's National Police Certificate, eMedical form from his medical exam, and his immigration photos.

Phew!!

It was a long process preparing our application – it felt like we had homework every night for about a month and a half but it was SO worth it. We definitely recommend including as much detail as you can. If there are no red flags or things to hide, and you provide those details about what makes your relationship special, it shows the CIC that you are well and truly legit and in love with each other. Also, if you have enough time on your current visa, definitely go through the Sydney office rather than Ottawa. We made that decision the night before we sent our application, and it was one of our best decisions ever! 86 days from start to finish!

We are so grateful to everyone on this forum who helped us with answering our questions – there are so many little details to keep track of or awkward wordings on the CIC forms and communications – so it was helpful to have a sounding board for this stuff.

Hope this post helps you with your applications in the future!

TL;DR - If there are no red flags, DIY – read everything carefully, seek help from the forum, include as much detail & proof as you can in a package that is very organized; apply through Sydney, and be patient!

Also, here is a picture of our application at the very end. Hairy hand for scale.

Love it, well done!

canaussie87

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
benji_monikuss and torvic - both of you are an amazing helping hand in this process.. i REALLY appreciate your willingness to share this experience. From what I read, pretty much give these guys absolutely no inkling of suspicion that your relationship is not legit and just be as coherent and humane as possible in piecing it together.

I've printed off both of your "tutorials" on this forum and am being as diligent as possible in piecing together everything here.. I am going to be definitely posting on this forum over the next month - I have my police cert & traffic history on its way and should be here in the next 2 weeks.. in the meantime, I'm going to get my medical booked and sorted so that I can lodge this all in the next 2months.. Torvic - my situation is VERY Much the same as yours.. I'm aussie, and my fiancé is Canadain.. 4+ years in a relationship.. 2+ years living together.. I just need to get my lovely lady to participate more with the piecing together of this application as I see your female touch on the process has definitely aided the process along nicely :) I am heading back to Australia for my brother's wedding in October this year as I am his best man and because IT IS MY BROTHER'S WEDDING!! Hopefully by then, I would've had a decision and correspondence from CIC and I am a PR by then..

In the meantime, thanks again and I'm sure we will all be communicating more in the near future!! have a great sunday!!

Thestylemaster

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th Dec 2013
File Transfer...
15th Jan 2014
Med's Request
29th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
24th Oct 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th Feb 2014
VISA ISSUED...
25th Feb 2014
LANDED..........
1st Aug 2014 (Finally!)
canaussie87 said:
benji_monikuss and torvic - both of you are an amazing helping hand in this process.. i REALLY appreciate your willingness to share this experience. From what I read, pretty much give these guys absolutely no inkling of suspicion that your relationship is not legit and just be as coherent and humane as possible in piecing it together.

I've printed off both of your "tutorials" on this forum and am being as diligent as possible in piecing together everything here.. I am going to be definitely posting on this forum over the next month - I have my police cert & traffic history on its way and should be here in the next 2 weeks.. in the meantime, I'm going to get my medical booked and sorted so that I can lodge this all in the next 2months.. Torvic - my situation is VERY Much the same as yours.. I'm aussie, and my fiancé is Canadain.. 4+ years in a relationship.. 2+ years living together.. I just need to get my lovely lady to participate more with the piecing together of this application as I see your female touch on the process has definitely aided the process along nicely :) I am heading back to Australia for my brother's wedding in October this year as I am his best man and because IT IS MY BROTHER'S WEDDING!! Hopefully by then, I would've had a decision and correspondence from CIC and I am a PR by then..

In the meantime, thanks again and I'm sure we will all be communicating more in the near future!! have a great sunday!!
WOW amazing job Torvic and Benjis! I wish I had that amount of info when we applied!

I will definitely say that the feminine touch on the application is a good thing!! Although I was helping out I can definitely say my fiance's dedication to our application was unbelievable and she really did get it done! We included around 120 photos of us from all around the world, photos with both sides of our family, samples of our thousands of FB messages, copies of phone bills, a detailed timeline of our relationship written from both sides (her and I) including plenty of mushiness. Its definitely a good thing to really open up and reflect exactly how important you are to each other! Also an important one for us was details of our instagram as we have thousands people of people who follow us in our travels, and the photos are in chronological order. Basically leave them with ZERO doubt you are in a legit and ongoing relationship. Oh and of course written and signed statements from friends and family verifying things to be true!

Someone asked on here about the financial support and it is not a requirement, although we did include an offer of employment from an ex employer to help bolster our application...

Once you get it all done go through it and the checklist several times, make sure dates all line up and make sense, make sure everything is signed and make sure everything is 100% complete. I know this sounds like a no brainer but if anything is incomplete it will be a very annoying delay on the application so it's worth going over it a few times!

Torvic and Benjis, did they send the PR cards yet?

My brain is fried after a long hot day at work! Good luck!!!

benjis_monikuss

Nov 21, 2013
In the forrests of BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney- Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
Doc's Request.
19-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
13-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Thestylemaster said:
WOW amazing job Torvic and Benjis! I wish I had that amount of info when we applied!

I will definitely say that the feminine touch on the application is a good thing!! Although I was helping out I can definitely say my fiance's dedication to our application was unbelievable and she really did get it done! We included around 120 photos of us from all around the world, photos with both sides of our family, samples of our thousands of FB messages, copies of phone bills, a detailed timeline of our relationship written from both sides (her and I) including plenty of mushiness. Its definitely a good thing to really open up and reflect exactly how important you are to each other! Also an important one for us was details of our instagram as we have thousands people of people who follow us in our travels, and the photos are in chronological order. Basically leave them with ZERO doubt you are in a legit and ongoing relationship. Oh and of course written and signed statements from friends and family verifying things to be true!

Someone asked on here about the financial support and it is not a requirement, although we did include an offer of employment from an ex employer to help bolster our application...

Once you get it all done go through it and the checklist several times, make sure dates all line up and make sense, make sure everything is signed and make sure everything is 100% complete. I know this sounds like a no brainer but if anything is incomplete it will be a very annoying delay on the application so it's worth going over it a few times!

Torvic and Benjis, did they send the PR cards yet?

My brain is fried after a long hot day at work! Good luck!!!
The website is showing an update from March 12 saying the current processing time for PR cards is 51 days. This would be fantastic as I'm planning a road trip from here to Las Vegas at the end of May and would really hope to have my card by then. Tue Apr 29 would be my 51 days and May 27 would be my leaving date which is 79 days so fingers crossed that it all comes together hahaha. I guess we'll be waiting to hear from you Style! Torvic should be about a week after that and hopefully I'm just a few days behind =D I'm keeping tabs on the PR Card Arrival Timeline thread as well and it looked like the last updates were around 2 months. Times generally pick up around now to June/ July so maybe we'll get lucky with really fast card arrivals too! :D

Is there any way to track their sending of the cards? I haven't looked into it.

canaussie87

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
15-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Quick question - I'm here in Vancouver looking to get my medical done.. I've called around to about 5-6 different places and it seems the cheapest I can get is $275 and it's apparently e-medical or something like that...

Does anyone have any recommendations for this area? Can someone also enlighten me with regards to the results of this medical being completed - does it take days/months for this information to be transmitted?

Thanks in advance once again guys! :)