+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

rnbacchus

Jun 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Woohoo! My husband received his passport request this morning by email. We mailed the passport off as soon as I got home from work, and it should get to the immigration office on Wednesday.

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
So good to hear that many of us novemberies are receiving their passport request!!!

I keep my fingers crossed but at the same time I'm realistic, news are coming from visa offices known for their fast processing speeds. In my case (Caracas embassy) I know there's a lot of apps (the growing political tension doesn't help), but I'm still positive that soon my wife is going to be here in Montreal with me.

She spoke to a officer in the embassy who told her that two new officials arrived this week from quebec to speed up the apps from the province. I just Hope one of the first files they get into would be ours. The rest remains the same... it's really hard to keep a routine away from your love one. Thank god for msn, skype, Blackberry and all the things that make this path more bearable everyday...

Once again a BIG congrats to everyone getting their passport request!!!!
Hope the good news keep piling up!!

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pablojinko said:
So good to hear that many of us novemberies are receiving their passport request!!!

I keep my fingers crossed but at the same time I'm realistic, news are coming from visa offices known for their fast processing speeds. In my case (Caracas embassy) I know there's a lot of apps (the growing political tension doesn't help), but I'm still positive that soon my wife is going to be here in Montreal with me.

She spoke to a officer in the embassy who told her that two new officials arrived this week from quebec to speed up the apps from the province. I just Hope one of the first files they get into would be ours. The rest remains the same... it's really hard to keep a routine away from your love one. Thank god for msn, skype, Blackberry and all the things that make this path more bearable everyday...

Hope the good news keep piling up!!

It's so true though how they say absence makes the heart grow fonder. It is such a long and trying ordeal, my heart goes out to you, but this experience will solidify your relationship even more. If you can go through all this and your love still survives you can go through anything! And hopefully this is the last step and the last time you will have to be apart. Stay positive like you are doing, I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Best of luck!

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally my E-Cas status started showing in-process. Lets see how long it takes them to process.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Buddy...

Finally I felt a bit relaxed that they found the application.
I am little frustrated for delayed response but thinking positive that file is not lost :)
Just hope that they make it up for the time lost by processing fast. My FBI certificate was issue on Aug-27-2009 so with 6months validity it will expire on Feb-26-2010.

I am not sure if I apply for new FBI and State Clearance..

shmuhahaha said:
Good for you CatchVB!

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
Pablojinko said:

good news keep piling up!!
Pablojinko

i get you completly i am processed by colombia embassy and i have hear they are 10 t 17 months are very suspicious of your file.. bummer...
Happy for Skype specially... try to think possitive.. and God bless us
ButHope everything looks better for us this year..

Hope the Good bless us...
i only read bad reviews about this embassy.. bu...
I havent even receive my AOR letter and my ecas haven´t change from info of permanent resident not available.. hope something changes soon..

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
I checked ecas late last night... and it has been changed! my husband's file was moved to NEW YORK on january 28, 2010!! we haven't received any letter regarding the transfer, hopefully it's on the way. i also hope that it is to expedite the process, and not because they need more time or want to do an interview. although, i did request that if it did need to be transfered for an interview for it to go to detroit. well... i guess we will wait and find out! :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
We are in absolute and total shock. I'm sitting here having my morning coffee and reading my husbands PASSPORT REQUEST!!!

We couldnt be happier :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ritosgirl...

Its good news .. Newyork is really fast.. Hopefully you should get passport request very soon.

ritosgirl said:
I checked ecas late last night... and it has been changed! my husband's file was moved to NEW YORK on january 28, 2010!! we haven't received any letter regarding the transfer, hopefully it's on the way. i also hope that it is to expedite the process, and not because they need more time or want to do an interview. although, i did request that if it did need to be transfered for an interview for it to go to detroit. well... i guess we will wait and find out! :)

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Fallenstar

Congrats Buddy. I wish official in Buffalo be as fast as their europian counterpart :)
Hope for the best.

fallenstar831 said:
We are in absolute and total shock. I'm sitting here having my morning coffee and reading my husbands PASSPORT REQUEST!!!

We couldnt be happier :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
@ Fallenstar

Congrats Buddy. I wish official in Buffalo be as fast as their europian counterpart :)
Hope for the best.
I have my fingers crosed for everyone... we expected it to be fairly quick London has been moving well - but this is like, mind boggling! They had our app for 3 weeks!

It's so fast we are not ready, my husband is just finishing up his degree - He'll come for a visit in March to land and go house shopping, then have to return till June.

It's all a blessing though. It is a huge wieght off our shoulders :)

ritosgirl

Star Member
Oct 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-30-09
AOR Received.
24-02-10
File Transfer...
28-01-10 (New York)
Med's Done....
21-10-09
Passport Req..
09-03-2010
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2010
thanks catchvb for the encouraging words... i really do hope that it is good news!!

congrats fallenstar!! that is super fast!!! how exciting! :)

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
Hey everyone,

Glad to hear people are starting to hear back with passport requests. For those who haven't yet, don't let it worry you - your time will come very soon, I'm sure :)

We just got our PPR yesterday and within an hour of receiving the email, we'd already couriered off my husband's passport! Luckily we had 2 passport photos leftover from when we sent our application a few months back, so we didn't have to wait to acquire more.

So, is it certain that once you send off your passport they will issue the visa? I ask because, in their email to my husband they said they are ready to issue the visa but it wasn't really worded like "Congratulations! You've been accepted!!" Does anyone know? They did say "When issued, your visa will be valid until XX-XX-2010" And once they issue the PPR, does that mean you definitely don't have to go for an interview?

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
lol ekristensen...

I was thinking about you when we got our PPR on Friday... our timelines are identical, almost to the day. best luck to the both of oyu in the furture!