+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Applications sent November 2009

kierra

Jul 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passport request received by email today!!!!! so flippin happy -- So for anyone else with American military background, there was no 6 month in--depth background check. myth busted. its been approximately 3 months. :p Hopefully driving to Buffalo next Thursday, will update on my landing.

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visa approved and passport requested! Can't believe it was so fast!

About 2 weeks ago we received a similar email as schmuhahaha, asking us to send an Original police certificate. That's weird, we thought...We definately sent the original...So I sent the London Office an email through their webform explaining that we did send the original, but that if they wanted a new one we could easily accommodate them or give them the garda (police in Ireland) stations telephone number or anything else that might help. Sent the webform submission on Monday along with an upload of the photograph of the certificate (as we took photographs of every page of our application plus all additional documents, which I would recommend doing to anyone who hasn't already submitted their application, so much peace of mind). Then today my husband (the principal applicant) received an email saying he had been approved and requesting his passport etc. I don't know what the problem was with the police cert but it's not a problem anymore!

Good luck to everyone else and don't be discouraged if it takes longer for you to hear back. My husband and I had a very straightforward case, together over 8 years, married over 6 years and currently living together in Ireland so no question to our validation. Our application was also very well put together I have to say, I was VERY precise, made sure there was no problems or mistakes and submitted everything together, all payments, medicals, certs, everything, so keep your chins up guys. It will happen for you.

Love and peace to all

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kittty said:

About 2 weeks ago we received a similar email as schmuhahaha, asking us to send an Original police certificate. That's weird, we thought...We definately sent the original...So I sent the London Office an email through their webform explaining that we did send the original, but that if they wanted a new one we could easily accommodate them or give them the garda (police in Ireland) stations telephone number or anything else that might help. Sent the webform submission on Monday along with an upload of the photograph of the certificate (as we took photographs of every page of our application plus all additional documents, which I would recommend doing to anyone who hasn't already submitted their application, so much peace of mind). Then today my husband (the principal applicant) received an email saying he had been approved and requesting his passport etc. I don't know what the problem was with the police cert but it's not a problem anymore!

Good luck to everyone else and don't be discouraged if it takes longer for you to hear back. My husband and I had a very straightforward case, together over 8 years, married over 6 years and currently living together in Ireland so no question to our validation. Our application was also very well put together I have to say, I was VERY precise, made sure there was no problems or mistakes and submitted everything together, all payments, medicals, certs, everything, so keep your chins up guys. It will happen for you.

Love and peace to all
Very happy to hear the news! Good job Kitty!!!

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
kittty said:

Love and peace to all
Congrats Kitty! London is moving at lightening speed! We are hoping for the same results.

Best of luck to you and your love <3

gteacher

Nov 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We got the PPR by mail today.

App was sent in on Nov.17th and PPR letter was sent January 25th. Considering the holiday in between that's a pretty fast time. Now comes the fun part, packing up and moving a family half way around the globe

canaboy

Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APPLICATION APPROVED! Visa in the mail. . . ;D

I am used to large file management and sent in a very complete and detailed file. Nothing was missed, no extensive background was necessary, and we included her passport so there was nothing further to request.

We're going home!!

Cheers and good luck to all

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gteacher-

I sent our application to canada on the 24th of november, started processing on the 29 of december in seoul...i checked out your previous posts, and it appears that we both got canadian approval on dec.17...yours started processing on dec.22 where as mine started on the 27th...guess you got there b4 the holiday!tho, it is korea and we know how long of a holiday they take at xmas...haha...

so u got that letter, does that mean you now have to send in your wifes passport and whatnot?what are the next steps?

Your speedy approval has me pretty excited at the moment at the prospect that we could hear back in the next week or so if the timeline stays consistent...

Thanks

aw76

and oh yah --congratulations!!!

gteacher

Nov 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aw76 said:
gteacher-

I sent our application to canada on the 24th of november, started processing on the 29 of december in seoul...i checked out your previous posts, and it appears that we both got canadian approval on dec.17...yours started processing on dec.22 where as mine started on the 27th...guess you got their b4 the holiday!tho, it is korea and we know how long of a holiday they take at xmas...haha...

so u got that letter, does that mean you now have to send in your wifes passport and whatnot?what are the next steps?

Your speedy approval has me pretty excited at the moment at the prospect that we could hear back in the next week or so if the timeline stays consistent...

Thanks

aw76

and oh yah --congratulations!!!
Yup, next set is her passport. We need to head in Monday and get her a Korean expat passport, that takes a little over a week. Then send it into the embassy here for the visa stamp. Then finalize move plans...

good luck, hope you hear back soon.

aw76

Aug 15, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what is a korean expat passport? is that different than a regular korean passport? they cant just send in their regular passport?

good luck on the packing and organising...i have been outta korea for the last almost 2 years, and just came back for the winter, so thankfully i have nothing to really pack and we have no family, it will be a relatively minor affair when it comes time to get paroled outta here...haha

they tell u how long it takes to get the visa put into the passport once u send it in?

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys and Gals, Good News :)
My wife finally got her Passport Request today by email. It says to send passport before Feb 28,2010. Planning to send by next day mail tommorow.

Nov 17,2009: Application Received at CPC, Mississauga
Dec 09,2009: Application Processed and Decision made
Dec 16,2009: Sponsorship Approval Mail Received
Dec 16,2009: Application Received at Buffalo Immgration Office
Dec 24,2009: Application returned from Buffalo Immigration office(due to lack of US presence documents)
Jan 02,2010: Application Resent to Buffalo Office(with US Presence Proof Papers)
Jan 08,2010: Immigration Application In Process
Jan 21,2010: FBI "No Record" Letter Requested(Even though we provided one)
Jan 27,2010: Immigration Application back in Process(After we sent the Photocopy of FBI "No Record" Letter)
Jan 29,2010: Passport Request(PPR) from Buffalo office by email

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@shmuhahaha

Congrats... I told you that they might request passport for Visa.. :)...
I wish we all get the same luck :)

shmuhahaha said:
Guys and Gals, Good News :)
My wife finally got her Passport Request today by email. It says to send passport before Feb 28,2010. Planning to send by next day mail tommorow.

Nov 17,2009: Application Received at CPC, Mississauga
Dec 09,2009: Application Processed and Decision made
Dec 16,2009: Sponsorship Approval Mail Received
Dec 16,2009: Application Received at Buffalo Immgration Office
Dec 24,2009: Application returned from Buffalo Immigration office(due to lack of US presence documents)
Jan 02,2010: Application Resent to Buffalo Office(with US Presence Proof Papers)
Jan 08,2010: Immigration Application In Process
Jan 21,2010: FBI "No Record" Letter Requested(Even though we provided one)
Jan 27,2010: Immigration Application back in Process(After we sent the Photocopy of FBI "No Record" Letter)
Jan 29,2010: Passport Request(PPR) from Buffalo office by email

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
@ shmuhahaha

Congrats... I told you that they might request passport for Visa.. :)...
I wish we all get the same luck :)
Thanks CatchVB..You're right..Everything will be fine for everyone :) Hope to hear good news from you pretty soon...Thanks for your motivation..

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got letter from Buffalo with my file number but still my e-cas status does not show "In-Process"?

kittty

Oct 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yay! Thanks guys! I'm so excited to hear so many others being approved too! Congrats you guys, good work! We definately sent at the best time possible!