24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
KL8N said:
I just got 1st stage approval from Mississauga :D and I am wondering about how long does it take for the application to reach the Embassy that will process it? Are we looking at days, weeks or months?

Also, I looked through the letter sent, and didn't see any instructions for things to be done. Is there anything I am to do upon receiving this letter?
no, you are not required to do anything upon receiving the letter. though you can use client ID number to log-in to ecas and check your case.

it usually takes a few weeks for visa office to receive approved application from Mississauga. but receiving doesn't mean that they will srart working on it right away.

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
WOOOHOOOO! Got updated to "In Process" on ecas today!

My husband had to apply for a new passport as the laminate has peeled back, so I'm hoping that doesn't impeed our process at all, this momentum is great.

I'm hoping to hear positive things from my fellow London Office-ers.

Happy Monday!

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
Hi everyone i lost track of everything cause hubby came for the holidays and stayed more..:).... but now theres a decision made and he is flying home today..... so.. waiting.. and kind of sad cause he left bu!....
i wish a nice year to you all... and also the faster processing times,.. jejeje

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
fallenstar831 said:
WOOOHOOOO! Got updated to "In Process" on ecas today!

My husband had to apply for a new passport as the laminate has peeled back, so I'm hoping that doesn't impeed our process at all, this momentum is great.

I'm hoping to hear positive things from my fellow London Office-ers.

Happy Monday!
Yay! We also got ours updated to say "In Process" today... well maybe it was a few days ago, I've been forcing myself not to check every day like I did with the first (sponsor) stage! We're applying through London, so I hope it goes quickly :)

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today we got a mail from Buffalo office to provide the original FBI "No Record" letter within 90 days or else the application could be refused.
We are pretty sure we sent the "No Record" letter(Pink Color one we got from FBI) along with our application. We've even got the photo copy of the FBI letter with us right now. Our guess is that the Buffalo office could have misplaced it. Has any one gone through this situation.? Itz very time consuming to get a fresh FBI "No Record" letter from scratch in our opinion. Can we explain to them by sending the photo copy of the original letter? It has a FBI reference number. Biting my nails and frustrated..
Please advise!

Application Received at CPC, Mississauga - Nov 17, 2009
Application Processed and Decision made - Dec 9,2009
Sponsorship Approval Mail Received - Dec, 16, 2009
Application Received at Buffalo Immgration Office - Dec, 16, 2009
Application returned from Buffalo Immigration office
(due to lack of US presence documents) - Dec 24, 2009
Application Resent to Buffalo Office(with US Presence Proof Papers) - Jan 2,2010
Immigration Application In Process - Jan 8, 2010
FBI "No Record" Letter Requested(Even though we provided one) - Jan 21, 2010

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got an E-mail from Buffalo today stating that they have transferred my file to Detroit to expediate processing and not to make any inquiries for 90 days. Anyone have any experience on this?

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Hi Minx... I've see that in other threads on the forum, and typically their app goes super fast. Hopefully it means good things!

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where could I find out the approximate time that it takes for an app to go from Mississauga to the embassy in the country that is processing it? Any insights would be helpful. Thanks. :'(I just ate too many donuts.

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
KL8N said:
Where could I find out the approximate time that it takes for an app to go from Mississauga to the embassy in the country that is processing it? Any insights would be helpful. Thanks. :'(I just ate too many donuts.
Sometimes you'll get an AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) from the outland processing centre roughly 3 weeks after the sponsorship has been approved. If you don't get an AOR you won't know until eCAS updates to "in process".

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shmuhahaha said:
Today we got a mail from Buffalo office to provide the original FBI "No Record" letter within 90 days or else the application could be refused.
We are pretty sure we sent the "No Record" letter(Pink Color one we got from FBI) along with our application. We've even got the photo copy of the FBI letter with us right now. Our guess is that the Buffalo office could have misplaced it. Has any one gone through this situation.? Itz very time consuming to get a fresh FBI "No Record" letter from scratch in our opinion. Can we explain to them by sending the photo copy of the original letter? It has a FBI reference number. Biting my nails and frustrated..
Please advise!
Some good news on our end. We got a phone call from the Buffalo consulate indicating that our application process is back in track.
Yesterday, We emailed the embassy with the scanned file of the Photocopy of the FBI "No Record" letter that the Buffalo Consulate was telling missing.
Also, we mailed in the PhotoCopy of the same using USPS next day mail.
In today's phonecall, The gentleman also asked when do we plan to move to Canada. I told him as soon as my wife gets her PR status, we will be moving back to Canada.

Nov 17,2009: Application Received at CPC, Mississauga
Dec 09,2009: Application Processed and Decision made
Dec 16,2009: Sponsorship Approval Mail Received
Dec 16,2009: Application Received at Buffalo Immgration Office
Dec 24,2009: Application returned from Buffalo Immigration office(due to lack of US presence documents)
Jan 02,2010: Application Resent to Buffalo Office(with US Presence Proof Papers)
Jan 08,2010: Immigration Application In Process
Jan 21,2010: FBI "No Record" Letter Requested(Even though we provided one)
Jan 27,2010: Immigration Application back in Process(After we sent the Photocopy of FBI "No Record" Letter)

sasha786

Jan 19, 2010
hello freinds i m new to this thread i want to ask is anyof you are here whose application for permanet residency started on nov5 or 6th or in first week of novenmer i applied for my husband on 15 sept so it goes like this
application sent-15 sept2009
recived -25 sept
decion made -16 oct
application send to new delhi -16 oct
delhi started processing-5th nov 2009
so anyne close to my time plz post
have agreat day guys

bobbie

Dec 3, 2009
I am from the Phils and my time line is this:

august- sent application
sept - hubby was approved as sponsor
oct 15 - ecas in process / requested ppt
oct 27 - dropped passport in Manila cnadian embassy
jan 25 - from in process - decison made
presently waiting for visa

i am just ahead of u for a month! Good luck

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@shmuhahaha

Good Luck Buddy... I think you got the nice visa officer. Hopefully you should get your Passport request soon.

Is there any contact number for Buffalo Office? I wrote them email and still waiting for reply.

shmuhahaha said:
Some good news on our end. We got a phone call from the Buffalo consulate indicating that our application process is back in track.
Yesterday, We emailed the embassy with the scanned file of the Photocopy of the FBI "No Record" letter that the Buffalo Consulate was telling missing.
Also, we mailed in the PhotoCopy of the same using USPS next day mail.
In today's phonecall, The gentleman also asked when do we plan to move to Canada. I told him as soon as my wife gets her PR status, we will be moving back to Canada.

Nov 17,2009: Application Received at CPC, Mississauga
Dec 09,2009: Application Processed and Decision made
Dec 16,2009: Sponsorship Approval Mail Received
Dec 16,2009: Application Received at Buffalo Immgration Office
Dec 24,2009: Application returned from Buffalo Immigration office(due to lack of US presence documents)
Jan 02,2010: Application Resent to Buffalo Office(with US Presence Proof Papers)
Jan 08,2010: Immigration Application In Process
Jan 21,2010: FBI "No Record" Letter Requested(Even though we provided one)
Jan 27,2010: Immigration Application back in Process(After we sent the Photocopy of FBI "No Record" Letter)

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
catchvb said:
@ shmuhahaha

Good Luck Buddy... I think you got the nice visa officer. Hopefully you should get your Passport request soon.

Is there any contact number for Buffalo Office? I wrote them email and still waiting for reply.
Thanks for you wishes, CatchVB!
Unfortunately,I don't have any contact number for the Buffalo.
The phone call came as "Unknown Number" on my cellphone. Actually, there was a missed call and I got the second call 10 minutes later.
The officer asked he only wanted to talk to my wife, but later when I told him that I'm her spouse and sponsor he was okay.

Yesterday,We emailed them and also postal mailed the same documents to the consulate.

Don't worry! We had the same issues like you from stuff being sent back and forth. I'm still expecting they would ask for few more stuff..only GOD knows.. :)

alpesantezo

Star Member
Sep 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-01-2010
Med's Request
16-09-2010
Med's Done....
19-09-2010
Interview........
NO!
Passport Req..
16-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-12-2010
LANDED..........
01-01-2011
KL8N said:
hi.. i think everything depends on which office you are getting processed... mine is really slow and cause i dont have and embassy here i have to wait extra 2-3 week to get everything... you can get an approximate from other people experiences at trackiti.com... cn be not accure on the final timing cause people forget to fill some info but can give you and idea of the movement of your visa office