App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
you are welcome, amibhi. we changed it right away on-line and could see update. some people also sent update of their address by mail or email to their visa office and had the info changed on ecas in a few weeks time.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can change it in eCAS, but it will often not transfer over to the visa office, so to make sure you have to let the visa office know directly as well.

Suin said:
you can change the address of sponsored spouse when your spouses on-line info will change to in process - we successfully did it in our ecas.

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although my sponsorship application was approved, my wife's whole immigration application package was returned today as we forget to include her current U.S status documents like I-94, I-797, Current Entry stamp on passports. Planning to resend to Buffalo on Saturday. Joys after Sponsorship approval short lived:)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
that's really surprising that they returned all the paperwork back, they could ask you to submit the required documents to sent to them.
just don't give up - send them what they want and your application be processed fast as they in Buffalo are famous for really short timelines.

shmuhahaha

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
that's really surprising that they returned all the paperwork back, they could ask you to submit the required documents to sent to them.
just don't give up - send them what they want and your application be processed fast as they in Buffalo are famous for really short timelines.
Thanks for your motivation, Suin

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
So I guess this is the part where we all go dead silent for a few weeks waiting for confirmation of receipt... I don't know about you all, but I feel so relieved to know they have it in their hands and it is working it's way through the system. What a relief!

Happy New Year everyone, and my 2010 bring all our families together.

ekristensen

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Odense, Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
17-12-2009
Med's Done....
08-10-2009
Passport Req..
05-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2010
fallenstar831 said:
So I guess this is the part where we all go dead silent for a few weeks waiting for confirmation of receipt... I don't know about you all, but I feel so relieved to know they have it in their hands and it is working it's way through the system. What a relief!
That's exactly how I felt... like, I don't mind this bit now where everything's gone all quiet because at least I know they have it and they are taking care of it. Needless to say, we've learned our lesson: if we ever have to send them anything, no matter how small or big, we are sending it via courier! Not just to know they received it and that it's not been lost in the mail, but also to get it to them quicker. It took forever with "regular" mail.

It'll be exciting when this thread starts up again and people start hearing back :)

Pablojinko

Oct 30, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2009
I'm happy to hear inly good news from everybody!!! =)

Since dec.17 I haven't had any updated of my case... I sent the app to Quebec's government on dec.7 and they approved seven days later... I received my wife's certificate de selection du quebec on dec.17. The letter said that they sent all the information to the visa office in Caracas, so now everything is in Venezuela and me and my wife only depend on the embassy in Caracas....

On Ecas appears that they started processing my wife's PR on dec.4 but I haven't received an AOR, to be honest I don't have a clear idea what the AOR is and who should received, me, my wife or the lawyers we're working with... If it's my wife the problem is that she's in Miami at the moment for the holidays with her family, so if they sent it to her we'll have to wait until next week when she returns, also if they sent it to her by mail I'd be very scared because mail in Venezuela is a joke, almost non existent... So I'd appreciate some explanation on the AOR matter

Good luck to all, hope to hear more good news in the near future from everyone... this is really a great place where I can drain all my frustration and sadness caused by this stressful process... It's horrible to be away from your loved one :( hope that change soon

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Pablojinko said:
I'm happy to hear inly good news from everybody!!! =)

Since dec.17 I haven't had any updated of my case... I sent the app to Quebec's government on dec.7 and they approved seven days later... I received my wife's certificate de selection du quebec on dec.17. The letter said that they sent all the information to the visa office in Caracas, so now everything is in Venezuela and me and my wife only depend on the embassy in Caracas....

On Ecas appears that they started processing my wife's PR on dec.4 but I haven't received an AOR, to be honest I don't have a clear idea what the AOR is and who should received, me, my wife or the lawyers we're working with... If it's my wife the problem is that she's in Miami at the moment for the holidays with her family, so if they sent it to her we'll have to wait until next week when she returns, also if they sent it to her by mail I'd be very scared because mail in Venezuela is a joke, almost non existent... So I'd appreciate some explanation on the AOR matter

Good luck to all, hope to hear more good news in the near future from everyone... this is really a great place where I can drain all my frustration and sadness caused by this stressful process... It's horrible to be away from your loved one :( hope that change soon
AOR means acknowledgement of receipt and it's a piece of paper that Caracas might send to you, saying that they have received your application. I don't know what offices send AORs and which one do not, but not getting an AOR means nothing. Keep an eye at eCAS and stay patient. :)

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you check ecas status once app is sent to visa office? Is it still the same client ID # but with the sponsored persons info???

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sponsor will have his own client ID number. You cannot see sponsorship information if you log in to the PR applicant's eCAS. If the sponsor does not have a client ID number (or any of the other pieces of information that can be used to login to eCAS), (s)he would have to call the call centre to get information.

minx83 said:
How do you check ecas status once app is sent to visa office? Is it still the same client ID # but with the sponsored persons info???

KL8N

Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just logged into E-CAS and it finally said :eek: decision made, they sent the letter yesterday. Hope it's good news.

minx83

Sep 2, 2009
Tillsonburg, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got my AOR from Buffalo today!! Yay!
What's with all the labels with my file number on them? They sent me 6 of them!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
KL8N said:
I just logged into E-CAS and it finally said :eek: decision made, they sent the letter yesterday. Hope it's good news.
should be good news! congratulations!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Pablojinko said:
to be honest I don't have a clear idea what the AOR is and who should received, me, my wife or the lawyers we're working with...
if you have a lawyer as your representative, AOR will go to lawyer.