+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
DNT2003 said:
fprince bro.. I've just sent you a PM.

DNT2003
Replied.

DNT2003

Jan 24, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI <br>Type of App....: SPOUSAL-WIFE<br>YEAR IS..........:[b] 2011[/b]<br>Applicant City..: Surat, Gujarat<br>Med's Done.....: 17-FEB[br]0 Day
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-FEB [br]6 Days<br>Rcvd. by CPC-M.: 24-FEB [br]7 Days[br]Decision Made.: 23-MAR [br]35 Days
File Transfer...
23-MAR [br]35 Days[br]AOR Received.: 31-MAR[br]43 Days[br]ND Received File.: 05-APR [br]48 Days[br]CSE#1 Sent to ND.: 18-MAY[br]90 Days[br]CSE#1 Reply Received.: NONE[br]CSE#2 Sent to ND.: 11-JUN[br]CSE#2 Reply Received.: NONE[br]eCAS In Process..: 16-JUN[br]119 Days
Passport Req..
[br]28-JUN[br]132 Days[br]Passport Sent..: 02-JUL[br][color=blue]PassportRX-ND..: 04-JUL[/color]
VISA ISSUED...
[glow=RED,2,300]145+ Days & counting... since Med's[/glow][br]
LANDED..........
Not Yet, but <br>Expected Date.: inshallah very soon!!!
Thanks bro, I have to go right now, I will do it tonight when I get home, so looks real when they receive the email in the morning of India...

DNT2003

fprince said:

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Sponsors responsible for immigrants’ support, Supreme Court rules

The Supreme Court of Canada handed down a landmark ruling Friday that delineates Canadians’ financial responsibility to any loved ones they sponsor to Canada.

In a unanimous judgment, Canada’s top court said immigrant sponsors can delay paying but not default on debts owed to governments if the family members they sponsor to Canada end up on social assistance.

“Family reunification is based on the essential condition that in exchange for admission to this country the needs of the immigrant will be looked after by the sponsor, not by the public purse,” the court said.

However, in allowing the appeal “in part” by the federal and Ontario governments, the court also stated that officials do have a limited discretion to delay collections of sponsorship debts.

“It would hardly promote ‘successful integration’ to require individuals to remain in abusive relationships. Nor would the attempted enforcement of a debt against individuals without any means to pay,” it ruled.

“Excessively harsh treatment of defaulting sponsors may risk discouraging others from bringing their relatives to Canada, which would undermine the policy of promoting family reunifications.”

Eight immigrant sponsors in Ontario had mounted a challenge of the system of sponsorship debts incurred after the individuals they sponsored to Canada — fiancées, parents and siblings — turned to social assistance. They owed the government between $10,000 and $94,000.

Canadians who sponsor relatives to immigrate to Canada agree to support them financially after they arrive, promising to repay any debts, including welfare, for three to 10 years.

In 2009, the Ontario Court of Appeal decided that governments had the discretion not just to delay enforcement of the rules, but to reduce or forgive debts.

The governments took the case to the Supreme Court and argued that they had no such discretion, regardless of the sponsor’s marriage breakdown, unemployment or illness.

“This is a very important decision,” said Lorne Waldman, the lawyer representing Nedzad Dzihic. Dzhihic’s fiancée left him upon arriving Canada and she went on welfare.

“This means that at least before the government collects debts, they have to give the person a chance to explain the circumstances before going after them,” Waldman said.

About 615,000 or 27 per cent of the 2 million permanent residents admitted to Canada between 1997 and 2007 were members of the family class. The lower courts had heard that some 7,500 sponsored immigrants were on social assistance in 2004.

The sponsors in this case claimed that circumstances beyond their control left them unable to honour their responsibility and had applied to be discharged of the obligations.

Lucas Lung, who represented five of the sponsors, said his clients were disappointed with the decision because they will continue to suffer from the debts for circumstances “beyond their control.”

“But the decision recognizes that fairness has a role in the process,” Lung said. “Its implication is that a process has to be created in order to consider a sponsor’s circumstances prior to making decision to enforcement.”

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
DNT2003 said:
I totally liked the idea, I'd say it may not go that well here, because the other day I was thinking of a day in summer where we all get togehter and celebrate once we are through the process... and just RANT out on ND.

Your idea would float well here, but only if this forums was limited to people of this thread, and as we know anyone with internet can access and read this, even if they are not registered on this forums.

Going back to the get together.. it might be a better idea.. but a question popped up in my mind.... few of us have usernames which makes no sense to some of us...

So at the party (get together) I'll call you: Shamashia, you'll call me DNT2003, and you can imagine what sort of conversation we all can have.. as we don't know our real names... I think it will be really funny to call FebPR with his FEBPR name lol... (or full name February Perm Res)... the list of usernames goes on... but anyways I was gonna ask everyone to post their first name.. but know its internet and everyone will know this and many people visit this thread,, but never post anything, just read and read... its not a concernt, but yes giving out real info on a public thread won't be a good idea. So you can imagine about our pictures...... I know u'd not feel safe about ANY or EVERY one can see it. So my opinions is good idea, but as you mentioned.. privacy..... :)

DNT2003

Hey sorry abt the late reply, just couldnt seem to find a way to reply back to this particular post. Got it finally! :D

Btw, you can call me shamsia cos that is my name ;D And I totally love the idea of that party where we can rant and rave, though we still need to file our papers before we qualify for the ranting and raving session :)

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I was wondering if I could include the video snapshots of my husband while talking on Skype? And vice versa....

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
shamsia said:
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I was wondering if I could include the video snapshots of my husband while talking on Skype? And vice versa....
No issues as long as its a Picture you print in jpeg and submit it.
They do not accept videos, but you can def send them screen shots of you both doing a cam chat...i was thinking abt it and then thought naaa..not required.

All the best, don stress too much. this embassy is Indian and you do not need to really show proof like what ppl in Europe/US do..

and just FYI - way too much documentation is also a Red flag if i was a IO in delhi...as normal genuine couple don usually send everything.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
No wonder why they will need us in the long run 8)..i couldn't stop laughing at the last statement.....LOL...

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/canada-allows-10-year-multiple-entry-visas-to-indians-111321

Toronto: Canada gave a new push to Indo-Canada trade relations when it announced a new visa regime that would allow Indians 10-year multiple entry visas to the country.

The announcement was made by the Canadian Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway Edward Fast at the roundtable discussion with high-level representatives of the Indian government and business community at the two-day mini PBD Canada 2011 convention, a day for Overseas Indians.

The minister said that the new visa regime would accelerate bilateral trade and investment and cultural bonds.

The convention is being organised here for the first time by the Government of India and the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce and the High Commission of India as part of the celebrations to mark the Year of India in Canada.

Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, who is leading the Indian delegation to the convention of the Indian-origin people settled in North America and the Caribbean, said that both countries were committed to strengthen and deepen their bilateral trade.

She said India and Canada aim at a bilateral trade target of US $15 billion in the next five years. Both countries were in talks for a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) that would yield significant economic benefit and lower tariff on a large number of products for both the countries.

Kaur said that the India-Canada relations had undergone a "sea change" recently. On November 12, 2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper announced the launch of talks on the CEPA.

"A Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement is an free trade agreement (FTA) from Indian perspective. It is aimed at promoting market opening policies and stands to become one of the most important building blocks in constructing a broader and deeper bilateral relationship," she said.

S M Gavai, the High Commissioner of India, said that the new 10 years multiple entry visa would help to meet the longstanding demand of Indians businesses and others who would like to come Canada frequently and would help in 'Building Bridges' between the two countries.

The PBD-Canada 2011 is a conference that brings more than 1500 high-level business and government delegates together, in Canada. It comes just a few weeks before the Bollywood Oscars in Toronto, whose TV audience of 700 million will put Canada, however briefly, at the centre of Indian cultural consciousness.

iago

Feb 11, 2011
can any body please help with my situation

heres my timeline from cic website

We received your wifes application for permanent residence on January 17, 2011.

We started processing your wifes application on June 6, 2011. (I dont remember seeing this particullar date before I think it was a different date before but I'm not sure)

her interview was on March 21, 2011. (they already had her passport and asked for additional papers (phone bills) which she gave and about 10 photos of when we went sight seeing.

HERES the new part thhat just came up in this week.

A decision has been made on your wifes application. The office will contact my wife concerning this decision.

thank you to anyone that responds to my concerns and good luck to you all.

divren

May 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
10-03-2011
File Transfer...
10-03-2011 (ND received on 22-03-2011)
Med's Done....
30-12-2010
Passport Req..
29-03-2011 (ND received on 7-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2011 (DM on eCAS)
Hey buddy!!!

Great... Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
The Permanent Residence Application Status must be showing "Decision Made".
Your wife will soon receive her passport.

Finally we know that CHC ND is alive.
Lets hope many of us get the good news this weekend.

iago said:
can any body please help with my situation

heres my timeline from cic website

We received your wifes application for permanent residence on January 17, 2011.

We started processing your wifes application on June 6, 2011. (I dont remember seeing this particullar date before I think it was a different date before but I'm not sure)

her interview was on March 21, 2011. (they already had her passport and asked for additional papers (phone bills) which she gave and about 10 photos of when we went sight seeing.

HERES the new part thhat just came up in this week.

A decision has been made on your wifes application. The office will contact my wife concerning this decision.

thank you to anyone that responds to my concerns and good luck to you all.

rrv

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Hi all,

Kindly advice me which Visa Office (Sydney or New-Delhi) should I send my PR application (Family stream) to:

My Situation:
Myself: Indian citizen, residing & working in Australia since 2009 (on Spouse visa with no expiry date)
My Husband: Australian Citizen & Canadian PR, just moved to Canada & sponsoring me for Canadian PR (family stream).

My Preference: I wish to apply from Sydney Visa Office because:
- I don't wish to send my PP overseas to ND through International Mail
- I don't wish to be in Australia without my Passport, while my Passport is with ND VO for months.
- I don't wish to take leave and buy international ticket to fly to ND in the case of an Interview.
- Most importantly, I worry, in case my passport is requested by ND VO, they may then ask me to attend interview, but I wouldn't be able to fly to India as my Passport would already be with them.

It has been stated here that for citizens of India, they sometime transfer their files to ND:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t45583.0.html;msg769556#msg769556

Thanks for your kind help!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Status changed from "Application Received" to "In Process"

Info is as follows:

We received sam's application for permanent residence on April 29, 2011.

We started processing sam's application on June 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Guys whats next?

How much time it would take to change the status from "In Process" to "Decision made"?