+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for applicants of NEW DELHI 2010!

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hey sam congrax i think u ll get good news within 2 week
thecoolguysam said:
Here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Status changed from "Application Received" to "In Process"

Info is as follows:

We received sam's application for permanent residence on April 29, 2011.

We started processing sam's application on June 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Guys whats next?

How much time it would take to change the status from "In Process" to "Decision made"?

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
fprince said:
No issues as long as its a Picture you print in jpeg and submit it.
They do not accept videos, but you can def send them screen shots of you both doing a cam chat...i was thinking abt it and then thought naaa..not required.

All the best, don stress too much. this embassy is Indian and you do not need to really show proof like what ppl in Europe/US do..

and just FYI - way too much documentation is also a Red flag if i was a IO in delhi...as normal genuine couple don usually send everything.
LOL, thank you!! Im doing this like an MBA project! I need a break, blahh! ;D

gwalyat

Aug 29, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8APRIL 2011
File Transfer...
19MAY 2011 (REC BY ND)
Interview........
6SEP 2011
Passport Req..
7JUNE 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE 11JULY 2012 PP REC...........: 14JULY2012
LANDED..........
20JULY 2012
hey guys a question came to my mind just need ur view on tht
ND start processing the file according to the PPR date (as when they make file n generate file# ppr is generated with tht) it doesnt matter whether they received ur pp on next day (u received ppr) or a week after that pp shud b with them b4 they sart processing file. for example 3 ppr are printed on 31 may n received by all applicant on 9th june but 1's pp received by ND on 10june, 2nd's on 15june n 3rd on 20june. n nd start processing file for 31 mays ppr on 30june it wont effect ND tht among 3 guys who send pp 1st n who send late
wht do u guys say
hope u get my point

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
This is more difficult than MBA project. Whatever you prepare to submit for a MBA project will evaluated by professors or by some reasonable people. Here whatever you prepare will be evaluated by IDIOTS.....

Good luck to get a speedy PR VISA approval.

Cheers!!

shamsia said:
LOL, thank you!! Im doing this like an MBA project! I need a break, blahh! ;D

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
I am not too surprised with this 10 year visa. In next 10 years they will give visitor visa on entry.

The reason why I am saying is Canada's economy is 1.3 trillion dollars and India is at 1.29 trillion dollars. India will march ahead with 8 to 9% growth rate and Canada will slug at 1 to 2% growth rate. So in next 10 years India's economy will be close to 2 to 2.5 times of Canadian economy. India's economy is not export oriented unlike china, so Indian market will be a big market for Canadian commodities and food processing capabilities. In future, Canada will treat Indian business executives the way it's treating US business executives now. The growth in USA will be 1 to 2% as well.

So all this developed nations (USA, UK, Canada...) will have different relationship with India.

Cheers!!

fprince said:
No wonder why they will need us in the long run 8)..i couldn't stop laughing at the last statement.....LOL...

http://www.ndtv.com/article/world/canada-allows-10-year-multiple-entry-visas-to-indians-111321

Toronto: Canada gave a new push to Indo-Canada trade relations when it announced a new visa regime that would allow Indians 10-year multiple entry visas to the country.

The announcement was made by the Canadian Minister of International Trade and Minister for the Asia-Pacific Gateway Edward Fast at the roundtable discussion with high-level representatives of the Indian government and business community at the two-day mini PBD Canada 2011 convention, a day for Overseas Indians.

The minister said that the new visa regime would accelerate bilateral trade and investment and cultural bonds.

The convention is being organised here for the first time by the Government of India and the Indo-Canada Chamber of Commerce and the High Commission of India as part of the celebrations to mark the Year of India in Canada.

Minister of State for External Affairs Preneet Kaur, who is leading the Indian delegation to the convention of the Indian-origin people settled in North America and the Caribbean, said that both countries were committed to strengthen and deepen their bilateral trade.

She said India and Canada aim at a bilateral trade target of US $15 billion in the next five years. Both countries were in talks for a Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) that would yield significant economic benefit and lower tariff on a large number of products for both the countries.

Kaur said that the India-Canada relations had undergone a "sea change" recently. On November 12, 2010, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Canadian counterpart Stephen Harper announced the launch of talks on the CEPA.

"A Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement is an free trade agreement (FTA) from Indian perspective. It is aimed at promoting market opening policies and stands to become one of the most important building blocks in constructing a broader and deeper bilateral relationship," she said.

S M Gavai, the High Commissioner of India, said that the new 10 years multiple entry visa would help to meet the longstanding demand of Indians businesses and others who would like to come Canada frequently and would help in 'Building Bridges' between the two countries.

The PBD-Canada 2011 is a conference that brings more than 1500 high-level business and government delegates together, in Canada. It comes just a few weeks before the Bollywood Oscars in Toronto, whose TV audience of 700 million will put Canada, however briefly, at the centre of Indian cultural consciousness.

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
I guess the e-CAS will be down till Sunday afternoon.

Cheers!!

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
FebPR said:
This is more difficult than MBA project. Whatever you prepare to submit for a MBA project will evaluated by professors or by some reasonable people. Here whatever you prepare will be evaluated by IDIOTS.....

Good luck to get a speedy PR VISA approval.

Cheers!!
LOL! The skype pictures are a MUST in that case, esp the one's where my husband is making funny faces with his fingers stuck up his nose! ;D

FebPR

Star Member
Mar 23, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2011
AOR Received.
31-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-03-2011
Med's Done....
13-01-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2011
@iago

Congratulations!!! Party time. Your PR visa has been approved and will receive the passport within 1 week.

Your wait is over. No need to worry now..

Cheers!!

iago said:
can any body please help with my situation

heres my timeline from cic website

We received your wifes application for permanent residence on January 17, 2011.

We started processing your wifes application on June 6, 2011. (I dont remember seeing this particullar date before I think it was a different date before but I'm not sure)

her interview was on March 21, 2011. (they already had her passport and asked for additional papers (phone bills) which she gave and about 10 photos of when we went sight seeing.

HERES the new part thhat just came up in this week.

A decision has been made on your wifes application. The office will contact my wife concerning this decision.

thank you to anyone that responds to my concerns and good luck to you all.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
iago said:

We started processing your wifes application on June 6, 2011. (I dont remember seeing this particullar date before I think it was a different date before but I'm not sure)

her interview was on March 21, 2011. (they already had her passport and asked for additional papers (phone bills) which she gave and about 10 photos of when we went sight seeing.

A decision has been made on your wifes application. The office will contact my wife concerning this decision.

She got her Visa :)
Good news always comes on Saturday.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
rrv said:
Hi all,

Kindly advice me which Visa Office (Sydney or New-Delhi) should I send my PR application (Family stream) to:

My Situation:
Myself: Indian citizen, residing & working in Australia since 2009 (on Spouse visa with no expiry date)
My Husband: Australian Citizen & Canadian PR, just moved to Canada & sponsoring me for Canadian PR (family stream).

My Preference: I wish to apply from Sydney Visa Office because:
- I don't wish to send my PP overseas to ND through International Mail
- I don't wish to be in Australia without my Passport, while my Passport is with ND VO for months.
- I don't wish to take leave and buy international ticket to fly to ND in the case of an Interview.
- Most importantly, I worry, in case my passport is requested by ND VO, they may then ask me to attend interview, but I wouldn't be able to fly to India as my Passport would already be with them.

It has been stated here that for citizens of India, they sometime transfer their files to ND:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t45583.0.html;msg769556#msg769556

Thanks for your kind help!
Jasvarun can give you more info.

In his case he did apply to Sydney but Sydney transfered his file to CHC ND, he has been in Aus for the last 5 years i think.

If you have lived in Aus for the last 12 months and still reside in Aus you can apply to Sydney.
Having said that u have no control if Sydney transfers it to ND.
These days they avoid processing IND Citizens files in outside embassies and send it to CHC ND.
When you husband sends the papers to cpc miss he will get a approval letter with the embassy it is being sent to, you can ask for Sydney but they can decide on ND as you are still an Indian citizen.

If they send it to CHC ND, you most likely will have to move to India or stay in Aus without your PP when ND asks for it. And you cant send the PP to ND from outside the country as it is against the law and you dont want them to hold your PP.

Select Sydney as you are there and hope for the best, but be prepared if it happens like Jasvarun's case.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
thecoolguysam said:
Here it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
Status changed from "Application Received" to "In Process"

Info is as follows:

We received sam's application for permanent residence on April 29, 2011.

We started processing sam's application on June 8, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

Guys whats next?

How much time it would take to change the status from "In Process" to "Decision made"?
There is no time frame. I can only guess based on the last 6 months trend.

Usually when applicants see " in process " most of the time it means a delay is down the road.
They are waiting for some kind of info like BC, medicals, marriage verification etc...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
thx for the info! ;)

what other members has to say about it
fprince said:
There is no time frame. I can only guess based on the last 6 months trend.

Usually when applicants see " in process " most of the time it means a delay is down the road.
They are waiting for some kind of info like BC, medicals, marriage verification etc...

cdngrl

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011
AOR Received.
16-03-2011
File Transfer...
16-03-2011 File Received 28-03-2011
Med's Done....
06-02-2011
Passport Req..
07-04-2011 Recd on 02-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2011 Recd on 03-06-2011
LANDED..........
24-06-2011
thecoolguysam said:
thx for the info! ;)

what other members has to say about it
As I was saying before - the status on Ecas was In Process for one month and then Decision Made.. I was also concerned seeing In Process and thought it would lead to unnecessary delay.

I was wrong.. the file was processed in reasonable time.

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
shamsia said:
Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but I was wondering if I could include the video snapshots of my husband while talking on Skype? And vice versa....

cic does not accept any videos :)

gagansingh

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2011
iago said:

good news is coming on ur way soon :)

good luck :)