+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Yayyyy Praise God! We finally got my husband’s passport back with the counterfoil inside and the copr! Now we will prepare for his landing. We submitted the passport on Jan 23. Counterfoil put in passport and approval received on Feb 5. Passport ready for pick up Feb 12 at Lagos VFS.
God bless everyone still in the process!
Congrats

Reactions: Nivo0811

Oncloudokoye

Feb 12, 2020
Yayyyy Praise God! We finally got my husband’s passport back with the counterfoil inside and the copr! Now we will prepare for his landing. We submitted the passport on Jan 23. Counterfoil put in passport and approval received on Feb 5. Passport ready for pick up Feb 12 at Lagos VFS.
Congratulations!

Oncloudokoye

Feb 12, 2020
Hello people, please my biometric was confirmed yesterday and that my application has been transferred to Accra.
Please what do I do when they request for medicals because I am pregnant.
Thanks
I dont think you have to do anything about your pregnancy, so long as the child is not yet born, just let them know at the hospital when it's time for your medicals

JosephCanadavisa

Nov 26, 2019
Visa Office......
Accra
Congratulations!

Reactions: Nivo0811

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
congratulations so is like 3weeks to get passport back

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
congratulations so is like 3weeks to get passport back
They say a month in total from the time you submit your passport. But in our case, yes it was 3 weeks. However, what I’ve noticed from our case and from others on this forum/thread is that it takes about 9 business days from PP submission to get approval/counterfoil in passport and another 5 business days from there for the passport to be ready for collection. Again, it varies but this is what is typical. Also, we never received an SMS informing us that the passport was ready for collection (even though we paid for the service) and there was no update via the tracking number online. I inquired about my husband’s passport by using the live web chat on the VFS Nigeria website and would advise others to do the same. Be as proactive about your file as much as possible.

Chimzurum

Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
6/01/2014
Med's Request
10/10/2014
Med's Done....
15/10/2014
Passport Req..
10/11/2014
LANDED..........
03/03/2015
My sister just got her PR in September. When she applied she wasn’t married but she just had her court wedding last month. Is she able to sponsor her husband now.

WBC

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
We went to Accra for the interview, and we received the passport request while we were still Accra. So, he took it to the vfs in Accra.
Good morning all,

I'm pleased to say my husband just picked up his passport in Accra. Thanks for all your help. I pray that all your applications will go through smoothly. God is good!
Congrats! Did he go to interview ... any tips or pointers for interview? We have one coming up m meed everyone's support m prayers

Reactions: Pryncess99

Phillipa

Feb 15, 2019
Category........
FAM
AOR Received.
09-04-2019
Congrats! Did he go to interview ... any tips or pointers for interview? We have one coming up m meed everyone's support m prayers
For the interview, these are some of the questions that we were asked;
1. How long we have known each other
2. Questions about development of relationship
3. Sponsors place of work
4 Sponsor’s address
6. Address of sponsor’s place of work
7. Annual income of sponsor
8. What Principal Applicant would be doing in Canada as in what kind of work
9. What PA like about Sponsor
10. How often we communicate

MurphyA

Star Member
May 7, 2018
For the interview, these are some of the questions that we were asked;
1. How long we have known each other
2. Questions about development of relationship
3. Sponsors place of work
4 Sponsor’s address
6. Address of sponsor’s place of work
7. Annual income of sponsor
8. What Principal Applicant would be doing in Canada as in what kind of work
9. What PA like about Sponsor
10. How often we communicate
Thank you for sharing this. My husband’s interview is Monday.

Reactions: Pryncess99