Applicant: Nigerian
Outland Sponsorship

January 31, 2019 - Application received
March 12 – (AOR 1)
March 13 – Medical request
March 26 – Sponsor Approved
March 31 – Passed medical exam
May 24 – Biometric request
May 24 – Additional Doc request (Request to pay RPRF)
June 7 – Biometric completed
August 1 – AOR2 - File transferred to Accra Visa Office
August 2 – ECAS update - They started processing his application
December 20 – Received notification that Interview is required
January 30 – Interview completed
January 31 – ECAS changed to Decision Made
January 31 – Received Pre-arrival services letter
February 5 – PPR
February 5 – My husband dropped off his passport
February 10 – GC Key showing that visa counterfoil is now valid
February 11 – My husband was notified that his passport is ready for pickup
February 11 – Passport has been picked up

**Biometrics fee was paid when submitting application
How was your husband notified that his passport is ready for pickup? My husband submitted his passport on Jan 23. His file was approved with counterfoil on Feb 5. Still waiting for the passport. I have been unable to track the whereabouts of the passport as there seems to be an issue with the vfs tracking link.

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
Hi everyone, my wife was asked to submit passport and to update additional family information. On that form, it says applicant, spouse or dependent above 18yrs must fill that form and generic application form imm008. Does that means I (sponsor) also need to fill a copy of additional family information even if I’m not in nigeria? Or do they accept scan copies that are signed? Please I need help

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
We went to Accra for the interview, and we received the passport request while we were still Accra. So, he took it to the vfs in Accra.
Pls can you enlighten me on the documents submitted with the passport? Did the sponsor also filled out additional family information form? Please your response will be appreciated. Thanks

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi everyone, my wife was asked to submit passport and to update additional family information. On that form, it says applicant, spouse or dependent above 18yrs must fill that form and generic application form imm008. Does that means I (sponsor) also need to fill a copy of additional family information even if I’m not in nigeria? Or do they accept scan copies that are signed? Please I need help
I’m pretty sure it’s just the person(s) being sponsored someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
Our Timeline

Sponsor: Canadian
Applicant: Nigerian
Outland Sponsorship

January 31, 2019 - Application received
March 12 – (AOR 1)
March 13 – Medical request
March 26 – Sponsor Approved
March 31 – Passed medical exam
May 24 – Biometric request
May 24 – Additional Doc request (Request to pay RPRF)
June 7 – Biometric completed
August 1 – AOR2 - File transferred to Accra Visa Office
August 2 – ECAS update - They started processing his application
December 20 – Received notification that Interview is required
January 30 – Interview completed
January 31 – ECAS changed to Decision Made
January 31 – Received Pre-arrival services letter
February 5 – PPR
February 5 – My husband dropped off his passport
February 10 – GC Key showing that visa counterfoil is now valid
February 11 – My husband was notified that his passport is ready for pickup
February 11 – Passport has been picked up

**Biometrics fee was paid when submitting application
Hi did you send in imm008 with your passport??

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
How was your husband notified that his passport is ready for pickup? My husband submitted his passport on Jan 23. His file was approved with counterfoil on Feb 5. Still waiting for the passport. I have been unable to track the whereabouts of the passport as there seems to be an issue with the vfs tracking link.
Hi,

When he submitted his passport they took his phone number and email address. So, as soon as the passport was sent off to where it would be processed, he received an email (the same day he sumbitted it). See below.. When the passport was ready for pickup he got another email.

Dear XXXXXXX,XXXX

Visa application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXXXXX has been dispatched to the IRCC Office, on DATE for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

VFS Global

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Did u wait outside for the interview or you went in with your spouse?

I was allowed inside the building. The guards at the gate checked my passport and confirmed if it was okay for me to go inside the building with my husband. They said yes. When I went in, they didn't interview me. I just waited in the waiting area.

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Pls can you enlighten me on the documents submitted with the passport? Did the sponsor also filled out additional family information form? Please your response will be appreciated. Thanks

He submitted pictures, a copy of the passport request letter they sent us. There was a height and eye color chart included in the letter. He completed that. We did not fill out the additional family information form. I believe the letter stated to do that only if there are any changes, so we didn't do an updated one.

Reactions: Rich4bright

Ineedanswers

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Hi did you send in imm008 with your passport??

No, we did not. We only provided what the letter requested. It asked for passport, 2 pictures, completed height and eye color chart (included in the letter, just needed to fill it out), and an updated additional family information form (if there are any changes. We didn't submit this, because we had no changes).

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
I was allowed inside the building. The guards at the gate checked my passport and confirmed if it was okay for me to go inside the building with my husband. They said yes. When I went in, they didn't interview me. I just waited in the waiting area.
How long did the interview last for ?