+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
Thank you
Pls am still having a dilemma as regards how to send my passport. Am in Newcastle and my application was treated in Accra. Dhl, ups, FedEx and the likes won't let me do prepaid envelope to get my passport back. How do u reckon I can go about this pls. I have just 10 days left.

Kemoosha

Apr 7, 2019
Pls I need help guys and ild be glad if I can get one asap as am low-key confused. I have questions about how to go about sending my passport for the visa.

Does anyone know the Accra center address? I kept seeing IOM OFFICE OSU BADU ROAD WESTPOINT.

THEN I NOTICED ITS A VAC NOT A PROPER APPLICATION CENTER. IS THIS CORRECT?

PEOPLE THAT HAVE RECEIVED THEIR APPLICATION BACK BY POST HOW DID THEY HO ABOUT DOING THAT? I LIVE I LONDON AND J AM SENDING MY PASSPORT TO ACCRA BY POST AND WILL BE GETTING IT BACK SAME WAY.

PLS I NEED HELP GOING ABOUT THESE. THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.
I sponsored my husband who lives in Texas. He got his passport request too and had to send his passport to Lagos VAC. We used DHL to send his passport along with all the FBI and Texas state criminal background check documents AVO required for. DHL informed us after 3 days that it's been delivered to Lagos today. Meanwhile, note that VAC will NOT mail the passport back to an international address. (We chatted with a customer service representative). So we had to provide them with a local address for them to mail it to. The person will then mail it back to hubby in Texas through DHL. Pay the local courier service and provide them with a local address when you mail your passport to either Ghana or Nigeria. Passport CANNOT be picked up by a representative. It's either you pick it up yourself or use the local courier service for it to be mailed out. Hope I have helped in my own little way.

Reactions: Disgon01

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
I sponsored my husband who lives in Texas. He got his passport request too and had to send his passport to Lagos VAC. We used DHL to send his passport along with all the FBI and Texas state criminal background check documents AVO required for. DHL informed us after 3 days that it's been delivered to Lagos today. Meanwhile, note that VAC will NOT mail the passport back to an international address. (We chatted with a customer service representative). So we had to provide them with a local address for them to mail it to. The person will then mail it back to hubby in Texas through DHL. Pay the local courier service and provide them with a local address when you mail your passport to either Ghana or Nigeria. Passport CANNOT be picked up by a representative. It's either you pick it up yourself or use the local courier service for it to be mailed out. Hope I have helped in my own little way.
Hi ma'am, thanks alot for your response am very grateful. However, I still have some enquiries to make. Pls don't b mad am just on my own with many thoughts.

QuestionS:
* WERE U TOLD TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO LAGOS BY CIC or why send to Lagos/not Accra directly?

* How did u pay vfs lagos to get your passport to ACCRA? I know there's a payment involved.

*Did u INCLUDE a draft?

*Will b posting mine on Monday.

I intend to do it just the way u did it as well cos we are in d same boat. It's good to have a wingman. Thanks alot and anticipating your response.

Uwaifo gift

Sep 9, 2017
I can imagine the relief! Please how long did it take to get your passport back?
Passport submitted on 3rd June, in being processed on the 17th,dispatched on the 20th,then dispatched date change to 24 again.i went to Lagos to pick it up on the 27th.with out text message or email from them.so total days is 24days

Reactions: Gloria86

Kemoosha

Apr 7, 2019
Hi ma'am, thanks alot for your response am very grateful. However, I still have some enquiries to make. Pls don't b mad am just on my own with many thoughts.

QuestionS:
* WERE U TOLD TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO LAGOS BY CIC or why send to Lagos/not Accra directly?

* How did u pay vfs lagos to get your passport to ACCRA? I know there's a payment involved.

*Did u INCLUDE a draft?

*Will b posting mine on Monday.

I intend to do it just the way u did it as well cos we are in d same boat. It's good to have a wingman. Thanks alot and anticipating your response.

The Canadian embassy no longer receives applications directly hence our sending our passport to Lagos vfs office. Like I said earlier, we chatted them up and they told us that :1. I can courier to VFS Lagos directly from the US 2. I can make payments online and attach to my package when sending to VFS Lagos 3. VSF Lagos can only send back my passport via courier to a local address
We don't know anybody in Ghana, that's why we didn't use the collection agency in Ghana.

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
The Canadian embassy no longer receives applications directly hence our sending our passport to Lagos vfs office. Like I said earlier, we chatted them up and they told us that :1. I can courier to VFS Lagos directly from the US 2. I can make payments online and attach to my package when sending to VFS Lagos 3. VSF Lagos can only send back my passport via courier to a local address
We don't know anybody in Ghana, that's why we didn't use the collection agency in Ghana.
Oh u have been more than helpful. I am really grateful for this explanation. Thanks alot and I know how to go about things now. God bless u.

Reactions: Kemoosha

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
Pls is there a way I can pm u if u don't mind? Twill b greatly appreciated. Don't want to overflog this thread. Asper this time, it's difficult to have a live chat replied with vfs and I still need a lil bit more help. Want to post mine to lagos on Monday God willing. Need help with the payment, acc no and all to pay into online.. If u can shed more light. All payment types says "by cash, by mail not accepted in Lagos / abj.
Pls help,
Thank u.

Kemoosha

Apr 7, 2019
Pls is there a way I can pm u if u don't mind? Twill b greatly appreciated. Don't want to overflog this thread. Asper this time, it's difficult to have a live chat replied with vfs and I still need a lil bit more help. Want to post mine to lagos on Monday God willing. Need help with the payment, acc no and all to pay into online.. If u can shed more light. All payment types says "by cash, by mail not accepted in Lagos / abj.
Pls help,
Thank u.
Email me. Kujasimsim@gmail.com
I'll be more than willing to help That's what this forum is created for.
Regards

Atoe

May 15, 2019
Glory be to God,the stress is finally over.passport with Copr collected on the 27/06/19.August 7 2018 applicant.
Am so happy for you.. I hope mine will be out soon .. I submitted 14th of June.. I hope hey this week it will be out. It's not easy