+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good evening everyone. I had a question to ask you about Accra Ghana. My husband is Nigerian but was told by CIC that the file will be sent out to Accra Ghana. Can anybody share their experience with me (relationship interview, the process etc) its really stressing that Nigerian applications are going to Ghana. And for those who are at the end of the process, how do you send your passport? Thank you so much. I need to calm my anxiety. This is a stressful process. Kind regards
If you read through this thread, you’ll know that the Accra Visa Office for Canada handles about 12 other countries (Nigeria included) immigration applications. My husband is Ghanaian and he did not have an interview. Majority of interviews are for clarification purposes or if they do not believe the marriage is genuine. When you are requested to send passport, you’ll receive a letter that sort of outlines the process through your GCKey. All passports are submitted to the VFS office at the principal applicants country and they forward it to Accra. I believe there’s a VFS office in Lagos & Abuja. It’s a pretty easy and straightforward process. Once the visa has been issued in the passport, the VFS office will contact you via email or you can track it on their website in order to go pick it up.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
If you read through this thread, you’ll know that the Accra Visa Office for Canada handles about 12 other countries (Nigeria included) immigration applications. My husband is Ghanaian and he did not have an interview. Majority of interviews are for clarification purposes or if they do not believe the marriage is genuine. When you are requested to send passport, you’ll receive a letter that sort of outlines the process through your GCKey. All passports are submitted to the VFS office at the principal applicants country and they forward it to Accra. I believe there’s a VFS office in Lagos & Abuja. It’s a pretty easy and straightforward process. Once the visa has been issued in the passport, the VFS office will contact you via email or you can track it on their website in order to go pick it up.
Thank you for your response. I tried to read thru the whole thread but its hsrd as there are so many pages.

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
GOT MY COPR TODAY 24TH JULY 2019

PA - NIGERIAN, UK RESIDENT.
SPONSOR - CANADIAN CITIZEN
(WE USED A LAWYER)

Application submitted December 22nd, 2018.
AOR 1 - FEB 20, 2019
BIOMETRICS PAYMENT REQUEST - FEB 20
BIOMETRICS - DONE IN LAGOS( FOR VACAY)
MEDICAL REQUEST - MAY 27TH.
MEDICALS DONE - MAY 29TH
PRE ARRIVAL LETTER - JUNE 21.
COPR + PPR- TODAY!

GOOD LUCK THOSE STILL IN D PROCESS. ITS A REALLY EMOTIONALLY DRAINING PHASE.

Last edited:

Tobi emmanuel

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I am confused. Didn't you have to submit police clearance at the outside? Why did you have to send it again?
I have no idea. I already send to them my Nigerian police clearance, and now they requested for another one which I jusy did uploaded and send to them through case enquires. They asked for police clearance from outside cuz I was employed by a German company, so they needed police clearance from there, but I couldn't provide It cuz I am a seaman.. So I don't have any residence or address in Germany, I was only employed by the company, but I travel round the world with the ship. So I only asked the company to give me some form of explanation letter and also guarantee letter stating I had no criminal records. So I alresdy uploaded it including my own explanation letter regarding everything. So far so good. All thats showing on ECAS was Medical received. On June 17th. Since then, no info or message from the.. I hope I will recieve news soon. Wanna go unit with my family again

Reactions: jennysmith

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
I have no idea. I already send to them my Nigerian police clearance, and now they requested for another one which I jusy did uploaded and send to them through case enquires. They asked for police clearance from outside cuz I was employed by a German company, so they needed police clearance from there, but I couldn't provide It cuz I am a seaman.. So I don't have any residence or address in Germany, I was only employed by the company, but I travel round the world with the ship. So I only asked the company to give me some form of explanation letter and also guarantee letter stating I had no criminal records. So I alresdy uploaded it including my own explanation letter regarding everything. So far so good. All thats showing on ECAS was Medical received. On June 17th. Since then, no info or message from the.. I hope I will recieve news soon. Wanna go unit with my family again
I hope you also explained that you did not live in germany for up to 6 months or above?

Reactions: jennysmith

Tobi emmanuel

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
I hope you also explained that you did not live in germany for up to 6 months or above?
Yes I did explain to them. I also send them explanation letter to follow up with all the other documents they requested for. I just hope they reviewed it all. Cuz I sent it through CASE ENQUIRES. But on gckey, it's still states that additional documents is required. And there's no way I Csn attach it on gckey cuz if I go to upload documents, it's shows that NO DOCUMENTS IS REQUIRED.. So I hope all goes well. Since I did my medicals on 7th of June and It reflected 17th of June that medical passed, I haven't gotten any info from them yet. Hoping to get a response soon.

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
Yes I did explain to them. I also send them explanation letter to follow up with all the other documents they requested for. I just hope they reviewed it all. Cuz I sent it through CASE ENQUIRES. But on gckey, it's still states that additional documents is required. And there's no way I Csn attach it on gckey cuz if I go to upload documents, it's shows that NO DOCUMENTS IS REQUIRED.. So I hope all goes well. Since I did my medicals on 7th of June and It reflected 17th of June that medical passed, I haven't gotten any info from them yet. Hoping to get a response soon.
It will go well. In 2017 I had something similar in my PR application because i worked for a Dubai based company between 2014-2015, but primarily in Nigeria as a consultant. I just resent the earlier Nigerian police clearance and an explanation letter

Tobi emmanuel

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
It will go well. In 2017 I had something similar in my PR application because i worked for a Dubai based company between 2014-2015, but primarily in Nigeria as a consultant. I just resent the earlier Nigerian police clearance and an explanation letter
I jusy hope all goes well. Cuz the last email I got from them was that in 30dsys from that date. Which was 6th of June, they will assess my application after 30dsys from that day. So I hope by next week or upper week, I should be getting a respond. Hopefully. I pray to God

Reactions: OlatunjiSeye

Disgon01

Feb 27, 2019
Pls I need help guys and ild be glad if I can get one asap as am low-key confused. I have questions about how to go about sending my passport for the visa.

Does anyone know the Accra center address? I kept seeing IOM OFFICE OSU BADU ROAD WESTPOINT.

THEN I NOTICED ITS A VAC NOT A PROPER APPLICATION CENTER. IS THIS CORRECT?

PEOPLE THAT HAVE RECEIVED THEIR APPLICATION BACK BY POST HOW DID THEY HO ABOUT DOING THAT? I LIVE I LONDON AND J AM SENDING MY PASSPORT TO ACCRA BY POST AND WILL BE GETTING IT BACK SAME WAY.

PLS I NEED HELP GOING ABOUT THESE. THANKS IN ANTICIPATION.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's so sad that people on this page hardly help others!!! What's the point of posting here ? To announce PPR. ? Nawao!!! Am so mad! Jes an enquiry and no one would even be kind enough to respond.!!! Jes sad!
You need to relax. People have a life outside the forum. If you actually scroll through, you see many people have offered help and answered questions. If someone has not responded to your question, it’s probably because they are not online and/or do not know the answer. I don’t see how you can even conclude that when you only posted yesterday. Not even 2-3 days has passed. And just an FYI, someone posted the location several pages back. The VFS address is located on the website: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ghana/contact_us.html
Address:
(CVAC operated in partnership with OIM/IOM) International Organization for Migration (IOM) Ghana House 10, Plot 48, Osu Badu Road/Broadway Airport West, Accra
landmark: Fiesta Royale hotel descent towards dzorwulu after the traffic light in about 100m it's on your left.

If you have any doubts about the location then try contacting them. My husband sent his passport in person so I can’t really answer your question about postage.

You can also try contacting the Accra Visa office to see how you can send your passport to them when you are outside the country (maybe by email or direct telephone).

Reactions: Gloria86