+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017
Congrats, I have a similar case but I got an interview instead of rejection. Submitted my application november 2017 and spousal sponsorship was denied then reassessed and granted......eligibility denied and additional documents requested and got pre arrivals on 15th and PPR on 18th of march. Been the most stressful months of my entire life. To God be the glory.
A big congrats to you

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017
I haven't emailed AVO. If I send an email before the 1year mark, AVO will reply with a general response. With AVO you need patience if you don't have patience AVO will teach you...The LORD is our strength.
Are you able to login to your online application to see how many daysleft for them to finalize your application? They just introduced this thing where you can see the progress of your application and how many days left for them to roundup your application. Hope this helps.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Congrats, I have a similar case but I got an interview instead of rejection. Submitted my application november 2017 and spousal sponsorship was denied then reassessed and granted......eligibility denied and additional documents requested and got pre arrivals on 15th and PPR on 18th of march. Been the most stressful months of my entire life. To God be the glory.

I’m happy to hear that. The whole process is not easy at all. Congratulations to you and yours. You are there already

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Yes we got PPR however timeline is not a regular one.

March 2017 - application received
April 2018 - application refused
No interview, just refusal
August 2018- got phone call that we have been selected for ADR
November 2018- won appeal in ADR
January 19th 2019- pre arrival service
January 28th 2019- Remedical, police and other documents requested
March 1st 2019- background started
March 20th 2019- PPR

For those who may not be familiar, when you appeal a refusal, depending on the complexity of your case, you either get:

1) ADR - alternative dispute resolution. It’s shorter and informal court-like hearing where the sponsor answers questions. If appeal is allowed, your file goes back to Accra and you 99% of time get visa within 4-6 months

2) full appeal which is with judge and regular court proceedings. It takes 2 years from the time you submitted appeal to the time you will get a court date. Sponsor attends in Canada while judge does phone interview with applicant. It’s the most painstaking process ever. Nobody ever wishes for full hearing.

And I pray that none of you still waiting for answers ever get refused in Jesus name. It’s a daunting journey but in all I bless God that we are almost there. We could have still been waiting on court date for 2020 if we went straight to full hearing but even in the pain of refusal, God still showed up.

So now we are just waiting on pick up email from Accra.
CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: AnneMariee

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS! It's over now--Thank God!

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
I haven't emailed AVO. If I send an email before the 1year mark, AVO will reply with a general response. With AVO you need patience if you don't have patience AVO will teach you...The LORD is our strength.
This is funny but true. I see what you mean. Has your background check started yet?

Hefavouredme

Jul 27, 2017
Are you able to login to your online application to see how many daysleft for them to finalize your application? They just introduced this thing where you can see the progress of your application and how many days left for them to roundup your application. Hope this helps.
I have checked my gckey its says 7days. I'm praying that I will hear from them before the 7days.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
I have checked my gckey its says 7days. I'm praying that I will hear from them before the 7days.
Considering the fact that it takes them 2-5 business days to reply emails, I think you should still send them an email. They'll still have to look into your file before they send a generic email. This might prompt them to treat your file before the one year anniversary--just saying though; it's up to you!

Reactions: DHELs

Hefavouredme

Jul 27, 2017
Considering the fact that it takes them 2-5 business days to reply emails, I think you should still send them an email. They'll still have to look into your file before they send a generic email. This might prompt them to treat your file before the one year anniversary--just saying though; it's up to you!
Thank you, I think I will send them an email.

Reactions: DHELs