+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Does anyone have any advice on this please
As long as you haven't passed the eligibility requirements (I.e receive pre-arrival message) there's always a chance you may be called for an interview at any time. Your current status is as I put it, "current". A final review of your application will determine what's next.

Reactions: Jemmy

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
2-3weeks. Did you get PPR? If you did, congratulations. What's your timeline?

Thanks

Yes we got PPR however timeline is not a regular one.

March 2017 - application received
April 2018 - application refused
No interview, just refusal
August 2018- got phone call that we have been selected for ADR
November 2018- won appeal in ADR
January 19th 2019- pre arrival service
January 28th 2019- Remedical, police and other documents requested
March 1st 2019- background started
March 20th 2019- PPR

For those who may not be familiar, when you appeal a refusal, depending on the complexity of your case, you either get:

1) ADR - alternative dispute resolution. It’s shorter and informal court-like hearing where the sponsor answers questions. If appeal is allowed, your file goes back to Accra and you 99% of time get visa within 4-6 months

2) full appeal which is with judge and regular court proceedings. It takes 2 years from the time you submitted appeal to the time you will get a court date. Sponsor attends in Canada while judge does phone interview with applicant. It’s the most painstaking process ever. Nobody ever wishes for full hearing.

And I pray that none of you still waiting for answers ever get refused in Jesus name. It’s a daunting journey but in all I bless God that we are almost there. We could have still been waiting on court date for 2020 if we went straight to full hearing but even in the pain of refusal, God still showed up.

So now we are just waiting on pick up email from Accra.

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018

March 20th 2019- PPR

For those who may not be familiar, when you appeal a refusal, depending on the complexity of your case, you either get:

1) ADR - alternative dispute resolution. It’s shorter and informal court-like hearing where the sponsor answers questions. If appeal is allowed, your file goes back to Accra and you 99% of time get visa within 4-6 months

2) full appeal which is with judge and regular court proceedings. It takes 2 years from the time you submitted appeal to the time you will get a court date. Sponsor attends in Canada while judge does phone interview with applicant. It’s the most painstaking process ever. Nobody ever wishes for full hearing.

And I pray that none of you still waiting for answers ever get refused in Jesus name. It’s a daunting journey but in all I bless God that we are almost there. We could have still been waiting on court date for 2020 if we went straight to full hearing but even in the pain of refusal, God still showed up.

Congratulations to you and your family. Please just want to ask from when you submit the requested documents police clearances and medical, how long it’s takes for them to start background check? Because i have submitted some requested documents and waiting.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Congratulations to you and your family. Please just want to ask from when you submit the requested documents police clearances and medical, how long it’s takes for them to start background check? Because i have submitted some requested documents and waiting.

We submitted the forms (uploaded to GCKey) February 14th the day he had his medical. Then my husband got a msg from the clinic to redo the X-ray (system issues). So he went back February 21st to get it done. So between then and March 1st when account changed to medical passed and background check started, I’d say about 6 business days from when medical was received or 10 business days from when we uploaded it.

Reactions: Jemmy and Best4best

Best4best

Sep 24, 2018
We submitted the forms (uploaded to GCKey) February 14th the day he had his medical. Then my husband got a msg from the clinic to redo the X-ray (system issues). So he went back February 21st to get it done. So between then and March 1st when account changed to medical passed and background check started, I’d say about 6 business days from when medical was received or 10 business days from when we uploaded it.
Thank you so much as that is well explained. So i have more day to wait then. I submitted additional documents on the 19th March 2019 and today is 26th March. Thanks once again for the information.

Hefavouredme

Jul 27, 2017

March 20th 2019- PPR

Congrats!!

Reactions: AnneMariee
Jan 19, 2019

March 20th 2019- PPR

Congrats, I have a similar case but I got an interview instead of rejection. Submitted my application november 2017 and spousal sponsorship was denied then reassessed and granted......eligibility denied and additional documents requested and got pre arrivals on 15th and PPR on 18th of march. Been the most stressful months of my entire life. To God be the glory.

Jemmy

Oct 14, 2017

March 20th 2019- PPR

A very big congrats to you dear