+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
. Hey @RoamingSpirit, yes still here sadly.... next week will mark 24 months and still no word from AVO after countless emails they conitinue to respond with generic responses!! My file status still says in progress. I think im the oldest in the forum now. How are things going with you and your family, im sure you are having a blessed time.
I'm so sorry to hear that you haven't heard from them yet. Have you had your MP involved?

We are good, thanks . They are getting used to the snow. Kids in school and so that .

MERCYANDGRACE5

Star Member
Feb 7, 2019
My wife is the applicant....

Ensure you master your application. Don't be scared and DO NOT LIE. If you do not lie u do not need a good memory.

My wife change the interview into a chit chat like you chat with a friend and told the interviewer you made me fly from USA for this interview and I am supposed to be with my husband for valentine. The interviewer felt sorry and said, I will give you a valentine gift and gbam... VISA. She even gave her background forms to refill and bring back today.... even while waiting for her visa, she called her to make corrections on the form. God is just so merciful.

Sponsors, always share all with your applicants..... Don't hide any details about your past. I was married for 10yrs before my divorce so my wife knew every detail, so she could speak freely about it without any ehm ehm ehm...

Know specific dates and shared memories with your partners. Pretty much every single detail on your application.

Protocol was broken for us. God is Great.
This is God!

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
Just picked up my passport. Finally!! The wait is over

Here is my time line. The process took approximately 1 year for me.

App received March 5 2018
AOR 1 April 16
Schedule A and PCC requested April 16
Schedule A and PCC submitted April 18
SA DM on ECAS April 20
PRAS in process April 27
AOR 2 May 7 (file transfer to Accra Ghana VO)
Medical requested August 3
Medicals done August 9
ADR Dec 3
ADR submitted Dec 07
Pre-arrival Jan 5th 2019
Passport request Jan 22
Passport submitted Jan 25
IMM008 and Additional family information uploaded in GC Key Feb 1
BCG started Feb 5
PA DM on ECAS Feb 8
Application Approved and counterfoil on GC Key Feb 12
Passport sent from Lagos VAC to courier for delivery Feb 18
Passport picked up Feb 19

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Just picked up my passport. Finally!! The wait is over

Here is my time line. The process took approximately 1 year for me.

App received March 5 2018
AOR 1 April 16
Schedule A and PCC requested April 16
Schedule A and PCC submitted April 18
SA DM on ECAS April 20
PRAS in process April 27
AOR 2 May 7 (file transfer to Accra Ghana VO)
Medical requested August 3
Medicals done August 9
ADR Dec 3
ADR submitted Dec 07
Pre-arrival Jan 5th 2019
Passport request Jan 22
Passport submitted Jan 25
IMM008 and Additional family information uploaded in GC Key Feb 1
BCG started Feb 5
PA DM on ECAS Feb 8
Application Approved and counterfoil on GC Key Feb 12
Passport sent from Lagos VAC to courier for delivery Feb 18
Passport picked up Feb 19
Congratulations

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Hello Forum,

Tomorrow would have been exactly 2 years of waiting for the processing of our application. Today we received quite unfortunate news from our lawyer that our application has been refused. We will be proceeding with an appeal. Please has anyone been through this situation any help/advice is appreciated.
We still trusting God, as the battle is not ours its the Lords.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hello Forum,

Tomorrow would have been exactly 2 years of waiting for the processing of our application. Today we received quite unfortunate news from our lawyer that our application has been refused. We will be proceeding with an appeal. Please has anyone been through this situation any help/advice is appreciated.
We still trusting God, as the battle is not ours its the Lords.
There is a thread for appeal cases. The next step may depend on the reasoning behind the refusal. But the people in that thread are going through the same and may be able to offer the best support.

adotey

Jul 16, 2016
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 24, 2016.
    1. We started processing your application on August 20, 2016.
      1. We sent you medical instructions on August 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
        1. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
        2. Since then i never hear from them

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
We are finally together in Canada as of Wednesday night. Need to follow up with one medical appointment with a panel physician, but other than that, everything with the travelling/immigration checkpoint went very smooth. Hard to believe this is our new reality - God is good.
(Timeline is in profile)

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
We are finally together in Canada as of Wednesday night. Need to follow up with one medical appointment with a panel physician, but other than that, everything with the travelling/immigration checkpoint went very smooth. Hard to believe this is our new reality - God is good.
(Timeline is in profile)
Congratulations... Happy for you guys

Reactions: cua11

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
You should email them and see your (or spouses) mp.
This is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 24, 2016.
    1. We started processing your application on August 20, 2016.
      1. We sent you medical instructions on August 21, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
        1. We sent you correspondence on September 18, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
        2. Since then i never hear from them

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Anyone with idea about child sponsorship? My application was trasbtransf to Accra Ghana on the 27th of Feb. 2019 App received October 29th 2018. AOR Jan 23rd Still waiting for medical request