+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

kod86

Dec 31, 2018
Hi pls I anyone knows if one is eligible to sponsor spouse's 17yr old son. The spouse recently sponsored himself. Pls let me know your opinion will really appreciate.
Your message isn’t clear. But in generally if you were sponsored and you haven’t spent 5 years, you can’t sponsor a spouse. If a sponsored person didn’t initially include their children as accompanying but were part of the application and they passed medicals, then these children can be sponsored. The five year rule doesn’t apply here. Also note that this 5 years rule applies to sponsoring spouses/partners only, not children or grandparents. The sponsored person can sponsor their own children not their new partner.

Reactions: Testimony4sure

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
My GCkeys account has been updated today to application approved. Visa counterfoil issued to the expiration of medical. Passport request was received on January 11 (DM also was seen at the applicant side) and passport submitted on January 14 to the CVAC.
Congratulations!! I have two questions for you. Maybe your full timeline can answer both? Did you notice when background check started? How long between passport request and issue of counterfoil?

Reactions: Reva4sure

kod86

Dec 31, 2018
Congratulations!! I have two questions for you. Maybe your full timeline can answer both? Did you notice when background check started? How long between passport request and issue of counterfoil?
Application received on April 13, 2018. Sponsor approved on June 8 and file transferred to Accra. Accra office contacted me on December 20, 2018 with a medical request and pre-arrival service was sent to me as well. December 26, 2018 - received PCC request, Schedule A to be completed again and make payment for RPRF. Medical was passed on January 3, 2019, and background check changed to in process this same day. January 11, 2019 - received passport request and decision made on ecas. Passport was sent on Jan 14. GCkeys was updated on Jan 23 to approved with visa counterfoil details. So basically 9 days in between. Today passport is already with the visa application centre ready for collection. All in all 9 months 10 days.

I have friends who also got their application approved in 9months in Accra. Trust me if your case is simple it takes less than 12 months but if its complex, then you gonna wait. So the same timelines might not apply to everyone. Accra office is doing a great job! Wish you all the best.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Application received on April 13, 2018. Sponsor approved on June 8 and file transferred to Accra. Accra office contacted me on December 20, 2018 with a medical request and pre-arrival service was sent to me as well. December 26, 2018 - received PCC request, Schedule A to be completed again and make payment for RPRF. Medical was passed on January 3, 2019, and background check changed to in process this same day. January 11, 2019 - received passport request and decision made on ecas. Passport was sent on Jan 14. GCkeys was updated on Jan 23 to approved with visa counterfoil details. So basically 9 days in between. Today passport is already with the visa application centre ready for collection. All in all 9 months 10 days.

I have friends who also got their application approved in 9months in Accra. Trust me if your case is simple it takes less than 12 months but if its complex, then you gonna wait. So the same timelines might not apply to everyone. Accra office is doing a great job! Wish you all the best.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing. So in essence, your application sped up between December 20 and now. Congratulations again!

Sep 5, 2018
Your message isn’t clear. But in generally if you were sponsored and you haven’t spent 5 years, you can’t sponsor a spouse. If a sponsored person didn’t initially include their children as accompanying but were part of the application and they passed medicals, then these children can be sponsored. The five year rule doesn’t apply here. Also note that this 5 years rule applies to sponsoring spouses/partners only, not children or grandparents. The sponsored person can sponsor their own children not their new partner.
Thank you so much you just answered my question. Thanks everyone my spouse did not include one of his kids which am trying to apply for after he settle down

Congratulations. Did you use vsf Lagos passport transmission system just because not everyone has luck with ontime deliveryand all. Thanks for sharing

Ghanaba

Jan 29, 2019
Hi, May 2018 applicant here...I received my medical request in October and was notified that I had passed in the same month but since then there's been silence. Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for them to get back to you after medicals?

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
For those who have submitted medical, police report etc! did you upload the police report or did you mail it. In the letter it asked for original police certificate , we emailed to ask them but didn't get reply.
Thank you

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
For those who have submitted medical, police report etc! did you upload the police report or did you mail it. In the letter it asked for original police certificate , we emailed to ask them but didn't get reply.
Thank you
If the request letter just says provide police certificate then you can upload in GCkey. But if the request letter specifically asks for original police certificate then you need to submit the original at one of their visa centers

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
Hi guys. I am a bit confused. Just want to be sure that i have all the required documents. So my request letter to send my passport had a requirement to specifically fill out a new additional family information form. Then there is a line below that says:
Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All members of your family must be listed on IMM008 and Additional family information forms. Failure to comply mare result in a delay in the issuance of your Visa.

My question is should I fill a new IMM008? I filled one and mailed with my passport. But I just realised in GCkey there is optional document upload. Am I supposed to upload the IMM008? The Additional family information form was requested in the mandatory document upload section of GCkey.

By the way, there has been no change to my family.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hi guys. I am a bit confused. Just want to be sure that i have all the required documents. So my request letter to send my passport had a requirement to specifically fill out a new additional family information form. Then there is a line below that says:
Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All members of your family must be listed on IMM008 and Additional family information forms. Failure to comply mare result in a delay in the issuance of your Visa.

My question is should I fill a new IMM008? I filled one and mailed with my passport. But I just realised in GCkey there is optional document upload. Am I supposed to upload the IMM008? The Additional family information form was requested in the mandatory document upload section of GCkey.

By the way, there has been no change to my family.
It doesn't hurt to upload it as well. Actually, they receive uploaded documents faster than they check your physical documents. They may not know you've submitted the document together with your passport so I suggest you upload it too

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
It doesn't hurt to upload it as well. Actually, they receive uploaded documents faster than they check your physical documents. They may not know you've submitted the document together with your passport so I suggest you upload it too
Alright Thanks. I wasn't sure if I was required to fill out the IMM008 since there is No change to my family.

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
If they have specifically requested for it, it's safer and faster to send it anyway--whether they need it or not
Below is all they asked for. I uploaded it anyway. Updated family information: you must advise us of any change in your marital status or family composition. All members of your family must be listed on IMM008 and Additional family information forms. Failure to comply mare result in a delay in the issuance of your Visa.

Reactions: bago4c

akua08

Feb 3, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
accra
hello there,
ok so what you have to do is scan the original copy in a pdf format and upload it on the online account