+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Congratulations. I'm the next in line o. Ppr was sent to a friend today . AOR is December 8th. Mine is December 20th, hopefully I will get a positive feedback this week or next week
Just count on full 12 months wait. It's not that far off!

THEMYTHORPE

Aug 24, 2015
Everytime I come to this forum I have mixed feelings. I am a victim, I waited for 6years to join my husband. Doing medicals upon medical exams. Its no joke, I don't know if I should carry on or say bye to my marriage, I was frustrated. Happy outside moody inside. My daughter was 3months when her dad left home, he came home when she was 3 and met again at age 5.5. It's been 3 years of my stay in Canada now as a PR. I still can't forget my pain. I am here to encourage someone or personal chat. Never lose hope, everything is not coincident, a word of prayer works miracle; It opened my close case after many years of waiting. God will do yours too. Looking forward to celebrate my 4th winter with you guys

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Just an update. Finally I can put the AVO and this experience behind me. Thanks to everyone here on forum for support. Spouse has arrived to Canada.

Timeline:

September, 2017 AOR
February, 2018 Medical request
September, 2018 Telephone Interview, pre arrival and passport request
October, 2018 Pick up mail from VFS

Wishing everyone a quick and successful resolution.
Since when did all this happen I think you’ve really hidden certain progress from us till this time. At least, everyone’s case is different but, we all share our progress and process in this forum to keep other’s hopes alive and to strengthen most of us still waiting and not just to announce our success. We left here are still in the waiting Game.. congratulations my dear

Reactions: maki22

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Everytime I come to this forum I have mixed feelings. I am a victim, I waited for 6years to join my husband. Doing medicals upon medical exams. Its no joke, I don't know if I should carry on or say bye to my marriage, I was frustrated. Happy outside moody inside. My daughter was 3months when her dad left home, he came home when she was 3 and met again at age 5.5. It's been 3 years of my stay in Canada now as a PR. I still can't forget my pain. I am here to encourage someone or personal chat. Never lose hope, everything is not coincident, a word of prayer works miracle; It opened my close case after many years of waiting. God will do yours too. Looking forward to celebrate my 4th winter with you guys
Aaaaaw we thank God for your success. Your story makes tears drop from my eyes and encourages me too me and my wife have been separated since 2016 till now with no news of PPR yet my medicals, Police report and even passport has all expired but still nothing and I just received my renewed passport and going to send them an update and in that way give them a gentle reminder. Can u please share your your experience with us pertaining why your application too that long and why u had to do series of medicals and how many times pls tell us Cos my application is hitting 21 months they requested for additional documents which we sent since January and no news again. God bless us all and surely, it will all end in praise

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Since when did all this happen I think you’ve really hidden certain progress from us till this time. At least, everyone’s case is different but, we all share our progress and process in this forum to keep other’s hopes alive and to strengthen most of us still waiting and not just to announce our success. We left here are still in the waiting Game.. congratulations my dear
Thank you @Mylove4God2017 for your support. I am sorry if it seems I had not shared the information but I did so when I could.

After the AOR last September 2017 we had no news until medical request which is standard 5 month wait after AOR and at that time I reported it on the forum either February or March of this year and then we had no news at all after medicals done until our 12 months was up this September. They called us for telephone interview, got pre arrival next day, PPR following week, and we submitted passport 2 days after PPR and got it back 2 weeks later. Because everyone's case is different it's hard to compare. I believe that I had mentioned along the way that it's about full 12 month wait for most cases. Also a friend of mine got an interview over the phone as well so they may be trying to resolve cases faster nowadays or at least keep to the mandated timeline.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. Everyone will get a resolution soon.

Last edited:

Tlexxie

Nov 4, 2018
I am new here. I am about sending in our application for spouse visa and will need some help from wonderful people of this forum.

My wife did NYSC (national youth service) does it mean she needs to fill the form "Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] ? I am not sure about this, as the description states: Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable

Second question, my wife already has a valid Nigerian passport with her maiden name, is it necessary to get a new one with my surname? If No, will the police report also be on her maiden name or my surname cause i think they issue the police report based on name on passport?

Thanks

nwaefulu_716

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
02-03-2017 (schedule A)
AOR Received.
23-02-2017
File Transfer...
15-06-2017 (ECAS IP)
Med's Request
10-07-2017
Med's Done....
12-07-2017
Passport Req..
03-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
We did get news today: application was refused as per GCKey. The official letter is not in the inbox yet, but I think we are in the same box as @HisAma. Our lawyer made a royal mess of our last visitor visa application, we tried to clean it up, but apparently we are still paying for his incompetence.
If anyone is still on here from back then, just wanted to give update that we won appeal in ADR on September 11. Now back to waiting for processing (we were told the file is going to case processing centre in Ottawa). Original app received by CIC Feb 1 2017. More patience always required, no?

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
I am new here. I am about sending in our application for spouse visa and will need some help from wonderful people of this forum.

My wife did NYSC (national youth service) does it mean she needs to fill the form "Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] ? I am not sure about this, as the description states: Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable

Second question, my wife already has a valid Nigerian passport with her maiden name, is it necessary to get a new one with my surname? If No, will the police report also be on her maiden name or my surname cause i think they issue the police report based on name on passport?

Thanks
Sorry, don't have answers to your questions.

Everyone, can anyone assist? Thanks.