+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hello everyone. Please does anyone on here have the Accra Visa Office e-mail address that is currently valid and working? Thanks a lot.
The email address is:

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca

They are closed tomorrow for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

As for your earlier post, I would email your concerns directly to AVO and attach documents relevant to your case that you need them to be aware of.

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello folks,

Its been a long time..
So after almost 18 months of torture and delays God has spoken and the storm is over.

So application April 2017 and finally been granted PPR waiting for Passport to be picked up.
Time line
April 2017
May 2017 sponsor approved
June Medical request/completed July 2017
Feb 2018 additional request

Previous marriage not fully dissolved properly which lead to major complications on the file. Hired a consultant to put through extension just to buy me so time and I advised the consultant I will need to re-marry my current husband again to his incompetence he stated no he will provide the divorce decree and we shall be on our way.. To his surprise we can not do that. so I had to go back to AFRICA and remarry again.
I provided the new license to the consultant June 2018 and I called in Aug to get status he said he has not heard and he send the package to Mississauga office. I asked why would he send docs to Mississauga when its Accra that requested it.

I emailed Accra asking for update on my file and they responded that they have not received any package from me and or my consultant.
I went back to the consultant he gave me some BS story. Accra emailed stating an extension was granted and since then they have not heard from me so they will be taking a decision.

SO long story short come Sept the consultant was being shady and dodging my calls, I called several times he said he was in court however I made my bro in-law call him pretending he needed a work permit and all sudden the consultant was able to take his call so guess what? I drove to the consultant office unannounced the man standing in front of his office in his shorts watering his flowers hmmm guess he wasn't at the court room after all. I told him tomorrow morning I will pick up my files this was Mon Sept 17, 2018 and Tues morning I went in to pick up my file.

He did not even order my divorce decree mind you I paid $30 for it. SO I went to the court house and obtained a copy, went to staples and scanned all the documents required and prayed on it and left it all to God with clear explanation of the error on my part and the African court house negligence. Sept 18th 2018 I sent the email to Accra around 9pm.
Monday Sept 24th PPR/25th Medicals/25th Pre arrival emails all came in.

So my fellow members Its been a long battle, yes you need to exercise patience and perseverance else you will lose your mind.
One take away is that if you have not email Accra for awhile and you have passed 12 months kindly do so because they will feel you have neglected your file and or your marriage may not be as genuine.
2. If you have hired an immigration consultant make sure to also do your due diligence and check all their work because they will take your money and delay you even more because they want additional money as your file may potentially be refused.
3. Ask questions from members who you personally trust for advise

I want to thank @RoamingtheWorld @Milaby @Lagos babe for always checking in on me. Its a wrap. Good luck everyone and if anyone needs any assistance from me private DM me anytime.

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hello folks,

Its been a long time..
So after almost 18 months of torture and delays God has spoken and the storm is over.

So application April 2017 and finally been granted PPR waiting for Passport to be picked up.
Time line
April 2017

Previous marriage not fully dissolved properly which lead to major complications on the file. Hired a consultant to put through extension just to buy me so time and I advised the consultant I will need to re-marry my current husband again to his incompetence he stated no he will provide the divorce decree and we shall be on our way.. To his surprise we can not do that. so I had to go back to AFRICA and remarry again.
I provided the new license to the consultant June 2018 and I called in Aug to get status he said he has not heard and he send the package to Mississauga office. I asked why would he send docs to Mississauga when its Accra that requested it.

I emailed Accra asking for update on my file and they responded that they have not received any package from me and or my consultant.
I went back to the consultant he gave me some BS story. Accra emailed stating an extension was granted and since then they have not heard from me so they will be taking a decision.

SO long story short come Sept the consultant was being shady and dodging my calls, I called several times he said he was in court however I made my bro in-law call him pretending he needed a work permit and all sudden the consultant was able to take his call so guess what? I drove to the consultant office unannounced the man standing in front of his office in his shorts watering his flowers hmmm guess he wasn't at the court room after all. I told him tomorrow morning I will pick up my files this was Mon Sept 17, 2018 and Tues morning I went in to pick up my file.

He did not even order my divorce decree mind you I paid $30 for it. SO I went to the court house and obtained a copy, went to staples and scanned all the documents required and prayed on it and left it all to God with clear explanation of the error on my part and the African court house negligence. Sept 18th 2018 I sent the email to Accra around 9pm.

So my fellow members Its been a long battle, yes you need to exercise patience and perseverance else you will lose your mind.
One take away is that if you have not email Accra for awhile and you have passed 12 months kindly do so because they will feel you have neglected your file and or your marriage may not be as genuine.
2. If you have hired an immigration consultant make sure to also do your due diligence and check all their work because they will take your money and delay you even more because they want additional money as your file may potentially be refused.

I want to thank @RoamingtheWorld @Milaby @Lagos babe for always checking in on me. Its a wrap. Good luck everyone and if anyone needs any assistance from me private DM me anytime.
Congratulations!

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hopefully the visa and COPR won't take too long to process, as that seems to be, according to others, another prolonged process these days. Do you anticipate receiving the passport back by end of October?
I was wondering where they even issue the visa is it in Canada and or Ghana because the incompetent consultant seemed to think Mississauga issues the visa. So could the delays potentially mean that they do issue it in Canada and send it back to Ghana? that would not make sense.

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
I was wondering where they even issue the visa is it in Canada and or Ghana because the incompetent consultant seemed to think Mississauga issues the visa. So could the delays potentially mean that they do issue it in Canada and send it back to Ghana? that would not make sense.
The visa is issued in Accra, at AVO and is handed back to you at the VAC Centre you submitted it to. Did you get a tracking number to track when it is dispatched from AVO?

From what I read about your consultant, forget that person fast and most importantly do not rely on what he says. He has no idea of the process. Is he in Canada or abroad?

The visas are issued at the visa offices abroad, and are not issued in Canada. The visa is an entry visa, allowed for one way entry into Canada.

On the online forums people have reported that they have received their visas back in a week, 2 weeks or for some even longer so it seems to depend on the internal processes of the visa offices. Also some VAC centres don't bother to call people when the passports are ready for pick up so you need to track it online daily and then when you see it has been dispatched just show up next day and ask for it, or call VAC to confirm it's there, instead of waiting for them to send text message or call you.

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
The visa is issued in Accra, at AVO and is handed back to you at the VAC Centre you submitted it to. Did you get a tracking number to track when it is dispatched from AVO?

From what I read about your consultant, forget that person fast and most importantly do not rely on what he says. He has no idea of the process. Is he in Canada or abroad?

The visas are issued at the visa offices, and are not issued in Canada. The visa is an entry visa, allowed for one way entry into Canada.

On the online forums people have reported that they have received their visas back in a week, 2 weeks or for

I know its issued in Ghana. oh that consultant doesnt even know the stage I'm at with the app. He has no idea he is scum and crooked.

yea we have tracking and all shld be send back most likely next week for pic up.

the man is scum he sat on documents he was to submit since june and telling bunch of lies. Had I not intervened and send accra sn email we would sti be sitting their and accra refusing the file.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
I know for immigration consultants in Canada they have to be registered through a regulatory body which is the ICCRC otherwise they cannot legally prepare documents to be filed, as they are given a membership number, a license number. That way if they mess up they lose their license to practice. So before hiring anyone they need to be sure the consultant is allowed to practice and that goes for the lawyers too.

http://iccrc-crcic.info/about-us/

The Law

Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), Section 91:

No person shall knowingly, directly, or indirectly, represent or advise on immigration matters for a fee unless they are:

(a) a lawyer who is a member in good standing of a law society of a province or a notary who is a member in good standing of the Chambre des notaires du Québec;

(b) any other member in good standing of a law society of a province or the Chambre des notaires du Québec, including a paralegal; or

(c) a member in good standing of the designated regulatory body (ICCRC).

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
I know all this i shared the story for others not to get bullied and or ripped off by these consultants because they do not know what they are doing.
I did all the work only reason i let him take over is because i got sick and needed to get the ext so i can gather things to buy time. Little did he know I always double check his work because I have completed the course and know all the ins and outs.
Well a friend of mine hired an immigration consultant in Canada who are registered and they have done a fabulous job for them from beginning to end. The application was prepared without any errors and the process was seamless, they were never asked to produce more documents at all.

It's good that your hardship is over.

Last edited:
Reactions: I_Am_Baruch

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hello folks,

Its been a long time..

Time line
April 2017

Congratulations to you.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Hello folks,

Its been a long time..

Time line
April 2017

Congratulations dear finally the Waite is over and I’ve realized,patience is the key

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
My application is in the 20thmonth now and still nothing yet after ADR but still trusting God for Perfection Cos I know delayance is not denial. In God’s own time, he makes all things beautiful and I have the feeling that,my PPR is near. I’m February 2017 and I think my Application is the oldest left in this forum now. If there’s anyone in this forum older than mine or the same timeline, pls let me know.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
My application is in the 20thmonth now and still nothing yet after ADR but still trusting God for Perfection Cos I know delayance is not denial. In God’s own time, he makes all things beautiful and I have the feeling that,my PPR is near. I’m February 2017 and I think my Application is the oldest left in this forum now. If there’s anyone in this forum older than mine or the same timeline, pls let me know.
Have you requested a status update recently?