+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
sponsorship approved.....i thank AVO....and wish all those still waiting.....approval for their application.

spousal sponsorship timeline at Accra VO......may be useful to newbies.

Congratulations and thanks for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations to you!

sponsorship approved.....i thank AVO....and wish all those still waiting.....approval for their application.

spousal sponsorship timeline at Accra VO......may be useful to newbies.

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
According to IRCC web page relating to service standards updated on August 31, 2018 only 80 per cent of all applications were finalized in 15 months, not 12 months.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/service-declaration/service-standards/family-class-priority-overseas.html

"From April 2017 to March 2018, the service standard of 12 months was met 73% of the time. 80% of all applications were processed in 15 months. 80% of applications received since December 2016 were processed in less than 12 months. Further reductions are expected as applications from before December 2016 are finalized."

May 9, 2018
okay guys, just to help keep people's hopes alive, I really didnt want to share this till after my interview but i have decided to share my little news because I know how I refresh the page every time just to see people's update from avo just to keep my spirit up because the waiting period is like forever for we applicants. I got request for interview on Friday and was also asked to bring my passport and all original documents we submitted when we applied. we were also advised to pay permanent residence fee if we haven't done so. the interview is scheduled in 3 weeks time in Accra visa office.. am July 2017 applicant and i never heard anything from avo after my medicals in January 2018 till last Friday I got that mail for interview.. I hope this helps and give hope to a lot of people waiting and hoping for their moments.
and I murdered the interview on Thursday and got pre arrival on Friday

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
and I murdered the interview on Thursday and got pre arrival on Friday
Congratulations!!

Without going into too much detail can you share what concerns they had in general? Don't feel obligated to answer if you don't want to as it is a private matter.

So happy for you! Thank you for the update!

Let's hope now that the summer holidays and long weekend are over and new staff has joined that we will have more and more good news!

Last edited:
Reactions: oluwatosynshad

Ogbeniyemi

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Greetings everybody My wife will soon move to Quebec in canada and she will sponsor me for immigration to canada . Is it true that she has to have worked for a year before she can sponsor me??? Thanks I await your your response

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Greetings everybody My wife will soon move to Quebec in canada and she will sponsor me for immigration to canada . Is it true that she has to have worked for a year before she can sponsor me??? Thanks I await your your response
Along with IRCC rules for sponsors, you need to read the rules for sponsors in Quebec as well at:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/prerequisites.html

It would seem the financial proof does not apply to spouses, but different relatives:
  • If you sponsor your father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, a dependent child who has a child or a close relative who is a minor and an orphan, you must prove that you have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking (see financial standards).
This is a good link to visit:
http://www.itc-canada.com/Immigration_To_Canada/Quebec_Family_Class.htm

"However you don't need to demonstrate a level of income that meets the minimum necessary income for a given family size, as is the case for sponsoring other relatives. Also if the dependent child you are sponsoring has a child of his or her own, you must satisfy the same financial requirements."

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogbeniyemi

Ogbeniyemi

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Along with IRCC rules for sponsors, you need to read the rules for sponsors in Quebec as well at:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/prerequisites.html

It would seem the financial proof does not apply to spouses, but different relatives:
  • If you sponsor your father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, a dependent child who has a child or a close relative who is a minor and an orphan, you must prove that you have at your disposal sufficient financial resources for the duration of the undertaking (see financial standards).
This is a good link to visit:
http://www.itc-canada.com/Immigration_To_Canada/Quebec_Family_Class.htm

"However you don't need to demonstrate a level of income that meets the minimum necessary income for a given family size, as is the case for sponsoring other relatives. Also if the dependent child you are sponsoring has a child of his or her own, you must satisfy the same financial requirements."
Thanks a lot.

Sep 5, 2018
Hello everyone am new to this forum is there any sept application that have received passport request after medical? My application just reach the 12mnth mark and no news after medical received in April. Just curious

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hello everyone am new to this forum is there any sept application that have received passport request after medical? My application just reach the 12mnth mark and no news after medical received in April. Just curious
Noone has posted on this forum yet about receiving PPR from September applicants. Same here when it comes to timeline (almost 12) and my medical was actually received beginning of March.