+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Notice: For anyone that ordered GCMS Notes recently please be advised there are delays:

UPDATED MAY 31, 2017: Due to exceptional circumstances, we are currently experiencing difficulty meeting our service standards. Please accept our apologies for the delay, and rest assured that we are taking steps to address the situation.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
GCKEY now has inputs for biometric info !!!!!
The biometrics requirement starts today and it is for new applicants.

• Biometrics:
    • are the measurement of unique physical characteristics
    • for Canadian immigration programs, biometrics include fingerprints and a photograph of the face
  • Exemptions to biometrics expansion include:
    • Canadian citizens, citizenship applicants (including passport applicants), or existing permanent residents
    • children under the age of 14
    • applicants over the age of 79 (there is no upper age exemption for asylum claimants)
    • visa-exempt nationals coming to Canada as tourists who hold a valid electronic travel authorization;
    • heads of state and heads of government
    • cabinet ministers and accredited diplomats of other countries and the United Nations, coming to Canada on official business
    • U.S. visa holders transiting through Canada
    • refugee claimants or protected persons who have already provided biometrics and are applying for a study or work permit
    • temporary resident applicants who have already provided biometrics in support of a permanent resident application that is still in progress

Last edited:
Reactions: Elohim

senaghana

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
@senaghana my application is almost 18 months now and still no PPPR yet which I believe I will get it in a couple of days By August to be precise and the new update is, my wife went to see the lawyer today to which they’re drafting something down to send to AVO as a gentle reminder because my Medicals is expiring in Two days and my Passport expires in October FYI. One thing I know for sure is that, we’ll all come out victorious and successfull because he that has began the good work will accomplish it!!
I remember us having our medicals at almost the same time bro but i used a 2016 issued passport.
You are always in my prayers bro.
Still trying to adjust to things here cus man dey work day and night leaving no time to have fun. Lol, we go do that one when we are on vacation in Ghana.
The family is doing great and i miss the taste of "club beer" bro.
Have be linking up with Kwartim who happens to be on this platform

Reactions: maki22

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Pele. I can imagine how tiring the journey has been. Have you requested for a enw passport though? Cos your passport has to be valid for 6 months before you submit it for ppr. And the process at the passport office these days can take up to 3 months except you seriously greAse palms.
I prAy for strength for you. It will end in praise

@senaghana my application is almost 18 months now and still no PPPR yet which I believe I will get it in a couple of days By August to be precise and the new update is, my wife went to see the lawyer today to which they’re drafting something down to send to AVO as a gentle reminder because my Medicals is expiring in Two days and my Passport expires in October FYI. One thing I

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
@senaghana my application is almost 18 months now and still no PPPR yet which I believe I will get it in a couple of days By August to be precise and the new update is, my wife went to see the lawyer today to which they’re drafting something down to send to AVO as a gentle reminder because my Medicals is expiring in Two days and my Passport expires in October FYI. One thing I know for sure is that, we’ll all come out victorious and successfull because he that has began the good work will accomplish it!!
Have you written to your MP, or Immigration Minister or PM yet about the delay in your file? That delay sounds unreasonable.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Pele. I can imagine how tiring the journey has been. Have you requested for a enw passport though? Cos your passport has to be valid for 6 months before you submit it for ppr. And the process at the passport office these days can take up to 3 months except you seriously greAse palms.
I prAy for strength for you. It will end in praise
Regarding passport, it's definitely better to apply for new one for sure. IRCC says it has to be valid but does not have the 6 month validity clause. It just has to be valid. And they have discretion to even process PR with an expired passport if there are no issues relating to identity.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-application-permanent.html#passportRequirements

"Normally, IRCC should accept only valid passports to grant permanent residence (R72). However, officers may use their judgment to accept passports that have expired during processing when there are no concerns about identity."

The 6 month rule is usually to do with the airlines where they require passengers to hold passports valid at least 6 months, like KLM. So when booking flights it's best to check with the airlines first.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylove4God2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Regarding passport, it's definitely better to apply for new one for sure. IRCC says it has to be valid but does not have the 6 month validity clause. It just has to be valid. And they have discretion to even process PR with an expired passport if there are no issues relating to identity.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-application-permanent.html#passportRequirements

"Normally, IRCC should accept only valid passports to grant permanent residence (R72). However, officers may use their judgment to accept passports that have expired during processing when there are no concerns about identity."

The 6 month rule is usually to do with the airlines where they require passengers to hold passports valid at least 6 months, like KLM. So when booking flights it's best to check with the airlines first.
Thanks for your info my lawyer said same

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Once ppr is issued, it is clearly stated that in the request mail that

PASSPORTS: Ensure you read and follow the points below:

• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
  • Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
I assumed that means your must be valid for at least 6 minths before you send to accra. At least thats the info i got and worked for me. Anyways i may be wrong but its better to be safe than sorry right.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Once ppr is issued, it is clearly stated that in the request mail that

PASSPORTS: Ensure you read and follow the points below:

• There is an individual passport for each family member accompanying you to Canada. Children must have their own passports.
  • Each passport is valid for at least 6 months from the time you come for the visa.
I assumed that means your must be valid for at least 6 minths before you send to accra. At least thats the info i got and worked for me. Anyways i may be wrong but its better to be safe than sorry right.
Hello,

Yes of course it is necessary to have a valid passport and we did state that in our initial reply as it is obviously necessary for intercontinental travel, and also that is what is written in generic form on each PPR and those rules should be followed, but the actual IRCC guidelines are set out in the policy we sent a link to above which clearly state that there are exceptions that are taken into consideration.

To reiterate:

We have seen a couple of cases where there were issues with passport expiry during process where those persons were able to travel but obviously it is best to obtain a valid passport.

As noted before, for complicated issues and when having doubts it is best to consult with a professional.

In the interim, maybe contacting AVO and bringing up the issue with them and getting guidance from them may be helpful too.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylove4God2017