+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Definitely send to Nova Scotia. And sending to Mississauga will now delay your process.

And you should have used most updated recent Documents Checklist where that would have been noted. They often update the documents. Each document has a date stamp at bottom left of corner on first page.

The tips are too numerous to write about.

The process in Accra Visa Office takes at least 12 to 15 months even with new mandate. They work really slow. So keep that in mind.

You will get a medical request 5 months after they confirm receipt of your application in Canada. They will grant PR at 10 or 11 months but is very rare.

Be specific or join WhatsApp Group and ask specific questions.

Follow this link to join WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/FfGkrhFrdJg3dwheM1uMv7

Last edited:

phina

Feb 23, 2018
Definitely send to Nova Scotia. And sending to Mississauga will now delay your process.

And you should have used most updated recent Documents Checklist where that would have been noted. They often update the documents. Each document has a date stamp at bottom left of corner on first page.

The tips are too numerous to write about.

The process in Accra Visa Office takes at least 12 to 15 months even with new mandate. They work really slow. So keep that in mind.

You will get a medical request 5 months after they confirm receipt of your application in Canada. They will grant PR at 10 or 11 months but is very rare.

Be specific or join WhatsApp Group and ask specific questions.

Follow this link to join WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/FfGkrhFrdJg3dwheM1uMv7
thank you very much.

Reactions: maki22

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
Urgent advice needed here
I have a law degree and call to bar certificate from Nigeria which WES evaluated as bachelors degree (4 yrs) and a post graduate diploma. I however made the mistake of choosing masters/entry to practice licensed profession in my Canadian equivalency. I have received ITA and submitted my application. I only realised this error yesterday.
I recalculated my score claiming 2 degrees and I still fall above the crs score for my round.
What should I do??????

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Urgent advice needed here
I have a law degree and call to bar certificate from Nigeria which WES evaluated as bachelors degree (4 yrs) and a post graduate diploma. I however made the mistake of choosing masters/entry to practice licensed profession in my Canadian equivalency. I have received ITA and submitted my application. I only realised this error yesterday.
I recalculated my score claiming 2 degrees and I still fall above the crs score for my round.
What should I do??????
Sorry this is a forum only for spousal sponsorship applications. You need to find a different thread that deals with student visas. Good luck.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
For all spousal sponsorship applicants, let's try to revive this thread. It will be beneficial for all applicants to share on this platform for many reasons.

It has come to the attention of many group members that the WhatsApp chat group is not useful as there is only a handful of people contributing and others in the chat not allowing people to give their opinions free and clear from criticism. The discussions have a downright abusive nature and the group seems to be exclusive of people who are not from West Africa or have vastly different life experiences. We imagine the reason some of the members of the WhatsApp chat group remain a part of it is because they can insult and demean people and give false information, without any consequences to their actions.

By going through this open and safe forum which is censored by the webmaster against bullying and other unruly behaviour it would be beneficial for all spousal sponsorship applicants to contribute here in order to get truthful and verifiable information and guidance throughout this very trying process.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mylove4God2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
For all spousal sponsorship applicants, let's try to revive this thread. It will be beneficial for all applicants to share on this platform for many reasons.

It has come to the attention of many group members that the WhatsApp chat group is not useful as there is only a handful of people contributing and others in the chat not allowing people to give their opinions free and clear from criticism. The discussions have a downright abusive nature and the group seems to be exclusive of people who are not from West Africa or have vastly different life experiences. We imagine the reason some of the members of the WhatsApp chat group remain a part of it is because they can insult and demean people and give false information, without any consequences to their actions.

By going through this open and safe forum which is censored by the webmaster against bullying and other unruly behaviour it would be beneficial for all spousal sponsorship applicants to contribute here in order to get truthful and verifiable information and guidance throughout this very trying process.

Good luck to everyone!
Very true my dear and I’m glad you’ve also see and commenting about this same issue as I see most people run to the whatsapp group ignoring this good and faithful forum which has more experience people. I’ve said this before and I think no one really paid attention to that but, glad you’ve also said it.God bless u

Reactions: maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Very true my dear and I’m glad you’ve also see and commenting about this same issue as I see most people run to the whatsapp group ignoring this good and faithful forum which has more experience people. I’ve said this before and I think no one really paid attention to that but, glad you’ve also said it.God bless u

It had to be said because the WhatsApp chat group is detrimental to anyone that is a member of it. Many of us tried to be patient and gave it many chances for improvement however it has become worse with each day that passes.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
If anyone has questions please ask --- freely and openly, without judgment --- to make this waiting time easier for everyone --- and to provide valuable advice from this forum's members to others!

Reactions: Mylove4God2017