+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Gallant1010

Apr 4, 2018
If anyone has questions please ask --- freely and openly, without judgment --- to make this waiting time easier for everyone --- and to provide valuable advice from this forum's members to others!
Thanks for that.... I will like to take your mind back to people on here accusing me of bringing negativity here... and I still can't pick out why that was said.... it is well....

We are all here for a common goal, and to start labeling people is such a disservice and unwarranted...

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Thanks for that.... I will like to take your mind back to people on here accusing me of bringing negativity here... and I still can't pick out why that was said.... it is well....

We are all here for a common goal, and to start labeling people is such a disservice and unwarranted...
Thank you for your opinion - however - the post we made is not negative nor labeling anyone in particular at all and has nothing to do with this herein forum per se - but contrary, we want everyone to contribute here in a fair and normal manner and we want this forum to thrive.

What we don't want is to be a part of any toxic forum such as the WhatsApp chat and therefore, in the name of freedom of speech, to each his own.

For people who want to be treated fairly and receive valuable information, we believe this is the correct platform.

FYI, This opinion herein is shared by many forum members, and again, is not meant to exclude anyone. You can choose to either contribute or not and so can we.

Thank you.

Reactions: Mylove4God2017

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
NOTE - A new thread has been commenced for the 2017 and 2018 Accra Visa Office Spousal Sponsorship Stream

The reason we started a new thread is because this herein thread was started in 2011 and even as late as 2016, many of the procedures have changed, or been significantly updated. We feel it more prudent to begin a fresh thread with the current set of applicants from 2017 and new 2018 applicants, in order to be kept up to date with current information.

If you like please take a look: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-thread-for-accra-visa-office-spousal-sponsorship-stream.574661/

Thank you!

Last edited:

senaghana

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Why the need to create a new thread?
The first day i found this thread, regardless of when it was created i took my time to read through it from the first post to the last before filling out my application and it helped me a lot. Between 2011 and 2016 things did change but people who took their time to read came to par with the changes through questions and knowledge sharing which goes on here.
This is just like a software or a book, you add up by updating and revised editions you don't totally ignore.
From WhatsApp to new thread?
Interesting, i wonder how it will have been if every batch of applicants decide to create a new thread?
Any which way some of us are here and not ready to join any other thread.
MyloveforGod bro get in touch.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
The first day i found this thread, regardless of when it was created i took my time to read through it from the first post to the last before filling out my application and it helped me a lot. Between 2011 and 2016 things did change but people who took their time to read came to par with the changes through questions and knowledge sharing which goes on here.
This is just like a software or a book, you add up by updating and revised editions you don't totally ignore.
Interesting, i wonder how it will have been if every batch of applicants decide to create a new thread?
Hello,

Please note that this thread has been idle for many months now because many people decided to opt to join a WhatsApp Group instead. A lot of new updates and information were never posted on this thread at all and many people had missed out on important updates or sharing of information. Some people had in the meantime joined general groups for each month of the year that dealt with Visa Offices from around the world, i.e. all October 2017 Applicants, etc., so the members had already spread out to other threads or found other means of gathering information. This is not the only thread that AVO group members are a part of.

Therefore, for reasons specified earlier above, many of us have opted to not be a part of the WhatsApp group anymore and instead decided to create a new thread that deals strictly with up-to-date information that can quickly be accessed.

Please note that many people do not have the time to read 1099 pages of posts unfortunately and are looking for a quick summary of AVO procedures where they would not have to read 1099 pages to come to the same conclusion.

We therefore felt it more prudent to create a summary of procedures and information with respect to the AVO regarding the applicants from 2017 and 2018.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited:

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Well done on creating the new thread and i totally understand your need to do so
However one thing the new thread will lack is a background information on what not to do and what to do.
I believe your application is still in progress (correct me if im wrong) which limits your knowledge as to the issues at hand. This group has dealt with so many issues, if time to taken to r ead through, theres almost an answer to every problem. The difference may just be in the processing times as this has change even in accra.
The group has been idle because there may be nothing happening to anyone. To be honest, i was a silent reader on this forum for so many months before my application was even filed ( i filed january 2017) and the wealth of knowledge i got here has helped alot. Also the past applicants were quite communicative during their time here so if this group is idle, its entirely the fault of the new applicants who are either waiting for old applicants who have little or no business here anymore to comment, or they dont know how a forum works. Either way i believe this thread can still be helpful
What i would suggest you do is to refer this thread in your new thread. That way people can have access to the information here. Im not sure you are capable of deciding if anyone wants to read 1099 pages. Let them decide that themselves. Trust me, when you need information, you will seek for it.
Id be sharing my journey soon here. Hopefully it helps others.
Well done once again.

QUOTE="maki22, post: 7123032, member: 723718"]Hello,

Please note that this thread has been idle for many months now because many people decided to opt to join a WhatsApp Group instead. A lot of new updates and information were never posted on this thread at all and many people had missed out on important updates or sharing of information. Some people had in the meantime joined general groups for each month of the year that dealt with Visa Offices from around the world, i.e. all October 2017 Applicants, etc., so the members had already spread out to other threads or found other means of gathering information. This is not the only thread that AVO group members are a part of.

Therefore, for reasons specified earlier above, many of us have opted to not be a part of the WhatsApp group anymore and instead decided to create a new thread that deals strictly with up-to-date information that can quickly be accessed.

Please note that many people do not have the time to read 1099 pages of posts unfortunately and are looking for a quick summary of AVO procedures where they would not have to read 1099 pages to come to the same conclusion.

We therefore felt it more prudent to create a summary of procedures and information with respect to the AVO regarding the applicants from 2017 and 2018.

Thank you for your understanding.[/QUOT

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Well done on creating the new thread and i totally understand your need to do so
However one thing the new thread will lack is a background information on what not to do and what to do.
I believe your application is still in progress (correct me if im wrong) which limits your knowledge as to the issues at hand. This group has dealt with so many issues, if time to taken to r ead through, theres almost an answer to every problem. The difference may just be in the processing times as this has change even in accra.
The group has been idle because there may be nothing happening to anyone. To be honest, i was a silent reader on this forum for so many months before my application was even filed ( i filed january 2017) and the wealth of knowledge i got here has helped alot. Also the past applicants were quite communicative during their time here so if this group is idle, its entirely the fault of the new applicants who are either waiting for old applicants who have little or no business here anymore to comment, or they dont know how a forum works. Either way i believe this thread can still be helpful
What i would suggest you do is to refer this thread in your new thread. That way people can have access to the information here. Im not sure you are capable of deciding if anyone wants to read 1099 pages. Let them decide that themselves. Trust me, when you need information, you will seek for it.
Id be sharing my journey soon here. Hopefully it helps others.
Well done once again.
Hello,

Thank you for your input. Please note that this is a free forum for all, and anyone can post threads relevant to the immigration process, and there are 1000s of threads for all types of applicants/applications around the world, and therefore, let visitors or people who are inquiring about the AVO and the procedures decide which threads they want to obtain their information from. There are many specific monthly threads regarding the spousal sponsorship process that includes the AVO, there are specific threads dealing with each step of the process, and collectively, they are a wealth of information. Our new thread just adds value to the volume of information available out there with respect to the AVO. Therefore, to each his own. The more information available, the better.

We are a group of members who have created the new thread, and not any specific person. The information provided on the new thread actually contains experiences from past and present applicants, as well as guidance for new applicants. The new thread will also contain information such as updates from IRCC, newspaper articles relating to the spousal sponsorship process, and other information that was previously not available on this herein thread.

As far as following someone's instructions posted on any of the forums on "what to do, what not do", that is an avenue we will not encourage, because everyone's file is different, and what works for one person, may not for another, or what is required of one person, may not be required of another. We just want to have a summary of procedures and processes that are general in nature and verifiable, readily available.

We will eventually provide links to other threads dealing with AVO, not just this herein thread, because as mentioned above, they are a collective wealth of information relating to one specific visa office and one specific immigration process.

We trust that is satisfactory.

Thank you.

Last edited:

FolaA

Jul 30, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I started following this thread after submitting my application.

Application was submitted July 7, 2017.

Initially I found this thread helpful in many ways since it provided a general sense of the timeline to expect and some sort of comfort.

Over the last couple of weeks or months people have become increasingly rude and aggressive. We all do not work at the processing office in Ghana and we should be respectful of others. Working with the government I am vary familiar with how things can change quickly, so if we don't have the most recent information we can either research it, listen to others or simply put our comment with a caveat saying it may have changed.

@maki22 we all have the freedom to create whatever forum we want but I believe the comment others are making is ... if it is not broken why fix it. The What's App was created by people who believed they could create another type of forum and based on what you have said it did not work very well.

Other groups may have a forum for each month but Accra's processing time and scenarios are sometimes unique to Accra only. Regardless freedom is also important, so this is not to say you can't start your forum.

My husband's application has been approved and completed (Passport received).

In the future if I get a notification from the forum and it is something I have gone through I will be more compelled to reply one forum in comparison to 5 individual forums.

It was not my intention to comment or make this really lengthy but at the end of the day we all have each other to learn from and lean on like any family we can fight but issues should be addressed respectfully and positively.
We can all learn so much from each other (please don't mind that I was a silent follower, my case was very straightforward. I don't have much to contribution so please do not come for me :)

God bless you all!

Please be kind to each other.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I started following this thread after submitting my application.

Application was submitted July 7, 2017.

Initially I found this thread helpful in many ways since it provided a general sense of the timeline to expect and some sort of comfort.

Over the last couple of weeks or months people have become increasingly rude and aggressive. We all do not work at the processing office in Ghana and we should be respectful of others. Working with the government I am vary familiar with how things can change quickly, so if we don't have the most recent information we can either research it, listen to others or simply put our comment with a caveat saying it may have changed.

@maki22 we all have the freedom to create whatever forum we want but I believe the comment others are making is ... if it is not broken why fix it. The What's App was created by people who believed they could create another type of forum and based on what you have said it did not work very well.

Other groups may have a forum for each month but Accra's processing time and scenarios are sometimes unique to Accra only. Regardless freedom is also important, so this is not to say you can't start your forum.

My husband's application has been approved and completed (Passport received).

In the future if I get a notification from the forum and it is something I have gone through I will be more compelled to reply one forum in comparison to 5 individual forums.

It was not my intention to comment or make this really lengthy but at the end of the day we all have each other to learn from and lean on like any family we can fight but issues should be addressed respectfully and positively.
We can all learn so much from each other (please don't mind that I was a silent follower, my case was very straightforward. I don't have much to contribution so please do not come for me :)

God bless you all!

Please be kind to each other.

Thanks!!
Hello,

Thank you for your input and congratulations on the resolution of your file.

We believe that freedom is paramount to the success of a democracy, and in Canada, freedom is thankfully guaranteed.

As noted before, the new thread created by us will continue to thrive, and if members find this herein thread useful as well, they should contribute of course, and if they want to revive it after so many months of silence, by all means, that's great. As noted above, we believe the more information available, the better. We also have found other websites that deal with information about the application procedure at AVO and we just want to incorporate everything into one place that is easy to navigate.

Our new thread is unique because it summarizes the process in a few pages, rather than going through hundreds of pages, where some posts were not useful, or were even argumentative.

There are indeed other threads dealing with AVO spousal sponsorship-related issues on this very website, just that the posts are spread out and a person has to search them out. As noted, some people are posting on threads dealing with specific months as to when they applied or even specific topics about one part of the process or another.

In any event, we wish everyone still waiting for a resolution the best of luck with their applications and quick resolution and landing in Canada, the persons that have landed, a good life in Canada, and new applicants, a successful and speedy application process.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Ooh ok bro I’ll do exactly that and hope you and the family are doing good?

Reactions: maki22

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
There will be ups and downs in this forum as long as we’re humans and we all have individual differences and different cases and as I always say, opinions are like noses everybody has one but that doesn’t make anyone superior over anyone since we’re all here to share our experience with this process which we’ll all come out of it one day and also here to release stress,strengthen one another as we continue to wait patiently.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Thank you for your opinion - however - the post we made is not negative nor labeling anyone in particular at all and has nothing to do with this herein forum per se - but contrary, we want everyone to contribute here in a fair and normal manner and we want this forum to thrive.

What we don't want is to be a part of any toxic forum such as the WhatsApp chat and therefore, in the name of freedom of speech, to each his own.

For people who want to be treated fairly and receive valuable information, we believe this is the correct platform.

FYI, This opinion herein is shared by many forum members, and again, is not meant to exclude anyone. You can choose to either contribute or not and so can we.

Thank you.
I remember I also made a comment about People leaving this forum for the whatsapp group which I also went there to study cases and share ideas to keep us going in this waiting game since I think I’m the longest application waiting now but little did I know that, it will hurt anyone in the whatsapp group and because of that, they made some comments and removed me which I have no problem with that than to accept and stick to this forum like glue since it has been my source of inspiration from day one it’s just that most people here I’ll say 99.9%of the People here turn ghosts when they get what they want and avoid contribution which is very bad for the growth of this forum.. I’ll still keep u guys updated throughout this process till we all Land in Canada.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
@senaghana my application is almost 18 months now and still no PPPR yet which I believe I will get it in a couple of days By August to be precise and the new update is, my wife went to see the lawyer today to which they’re drafting something down to send to AVO as a gentle reminder because my Medicals is expiring in Two days and my Passport expires in October FYI. One thing I know for sure is that, we’ll all come out victorious and successfull because he that has began the good work will accomplish it!!

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
NOTE - A new thread has been commenced for the 2017 and 2018 Accra Visa Office Spousal Sponsorship Stream

The reason we started a new thread is because this herein thread was started in 2011 and even as late as 2016, many of the procedures have changed, or been significantly updated. We feel it more prudent to begin a fresh thread with the current set of applicants from 2017 and new 2018 applicants, in order to be kept up to date with current information.

If you like please take a look: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/new-thread-for-accra-visa-office-spousal-sponsorship-stream.574661/

Thank you!
I personally don’t see any problem with u creating two threads because,everyone can feel free to visit any of them for information.. Goodwork