Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
I just got this from IRCC as reply to emails I sent to the minister. Nothing new, the same blablabla

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your correspondence of March 5, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence. The Department is also in receipt of your emails March 6, 2018, sent to the Minister, on the same subject. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Reducing processing times for all applicants, while balancing family reunification, refugee protection and economic objectives is a priority of our Government. In December 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) committed to significantly reducing the inventory of spousal sponsorship applications and to shortening processing times.

The Department has successfully reduced the vast majority (80%) of spousal sponsorship applications on inventory in 2017 and is now processing most new sponsorship applications for spouses, partners and dependent children within 12 months. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the IRCC Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

IRCC records confirm that this application (FXXXXXXXX) was received on January 24, 2017, and is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that your husband will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, please rest assured that IRCC strives to deliver quality client service across its global network. However, IRCC does acknowledge that there are sometimes differences in processing times among regions and offices. Each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Applicants may check the status of their application by using IRCC’s online services, available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you, and I regret that a more positive response cannot be provided.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.
This is extremely sad... A January applicant and they can’t even say when you will receive PPR, it just shows they don’t care. It is pass 12 months, they should be able to say why the delay and all. God help us in Africa, and I wonder if Canada really has our application at heart. Sigh

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I just got this from IRCC as reply to emails I sent to the minister. Nothing new, the same blablabla

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX:

Thank you for your correspondence of March 5, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence. The Department is also in receipt of your emails March 6, 2018, sent to the Minister, on the same subject. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Reducing processing times for all applicants, while balancing family reunification, refugee protection and economic objectives is a priority of our Government. In December 2016, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) committed to significantly reducing the inventory of spousal sponsorship applications and to shortening processing times.

The Department has successfully reduced the vast majority (80%) of spousal sponsorship applications on inventory in 2017 and is now processing most new sponsorship applications for spouses, partners and dependent children within 12 months. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the complexity of each individual case.

Information about processing times is published and regularly updated on the IRCC Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

IRCC records confirm that this application (FXXXXXXXX) was received on January 24, 2017, and is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that your husband will be contacted if additional information or documentation is required.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, please rest assured that IRCC strives to deliver quality client service across its global network. However, IRCC does acknowledge that there are sometimes differences in processing times among regions and offices. Each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Applicants may check the status of their application by using IRCC’s online services, available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you, and I regret that a more positive response cannot be provided.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.
At least they pulled your file to actually look at it. Have you been in contact with your MP since you are over the 12 month mark?

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
At least they pulled your file to actually look at it. Have you been in contact with your MP since you are over the 12 month mark?
Yep I have contacted her since October. But she makes me wait until the 12months mark before contacting AVO. Finaly she sent them a message on February 5th and they replied on February 9th saying my application is in queue to be reviewed by an analyst. I called her back last Thursday and asked her to take a look on the file and she called me back Friday and said they begin to work on the file February 10th 2018. But she didn't understand why but AVO received my file since 28th February 2017 but they first opened it on October 17th. And I told her they opened it because my husband sent them an email on October 16th because we didn't hear anything since February. So I am pretty sure they just forgot our application and begin to search for it when we begin to border them by email.
Anyway at least I know that now someone is taking care of our file. Thank all of you.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Yep I have contacted her since October. But she makes me wait until the 12months mark before contacting AVO. Finaly she sent them a message on February 5th and they replied on February 9th saying my application is in queue to be reviewed by an analyst. I called her back last Thursday and asked her to take a look on the file and she called me back Friday and said they begin to work on the file February 10th 2018. But she didn't understand why but AVO received my file since 28th February 2017 but they first opened it on October 17th. And I told her they opened it because my husband sent them an email on October 16th because we didn't hear anything since February. So I am pretty sure they just forgot our application and begin to search for it when we begin to border them by email.
Anyway at least I know that now someone is taking care of our file. Thank all of you.
@AtGod What am reading is actually scary. Am sat here just imagining what you guys must have been through. Please if you dont mind me asking, on your ECAS, what date does it say that they started processing PA permanent residence application. Am very curious please.

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
@AtGod What am reading is actually scary. Am sat here just imagining what you guys must have been through. Please if you dont mind me asking, on your ECAS, what date does it say that they started processing PA permanent residence application. Am very curious please.

You cannot imagine. The silence was killing us, both my husband and I, as well as our families. But now everything is ok. We went back to our country during January to spend time with each other and families. My hubby was at Japan. It helped us a lot. All of this situation become spiritual :)

Since I have my MP on the file and by knowing that they are not working on the file I have never ordered GCMS but finally I ordered one last month February 12th. I am still waiting for their reply. I wanted to use it as proof to make them know that nobody is working on the file. I will let you know when I got their answer.

Maybe everything would have been quicker if I had contacted them earlier than October. I didn’t know that something was wrong with our timeline. It is only when I got on this forum, I understood that I have to do something and that was in October. So our file got in the queue in October instead of February based on people's timeline who have submitted during the same period as us. So if your file is not following the ordinary timeline, please contact them.

This is the statut on ECAS
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 24, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October 17, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

• Wow
Reactions: Akissi18

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
@AtGod The gap of dates between 1st and 2nd line is UNBELIEVABLE. GCMS notes should take 30 days (well according to CIC), i suggest you start disturbing them on that too

Elohim

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
You cannot imagine. The silence was killing us, both my husband and I, as well as our families. But now everything is ok. We went back to our country during January to spend time with each other and families. My hubby was at Japan. It helped us a lot. All of this situation become spiritual :)

Since I have my MP on the file and by knowing that they are not working on the file I have never ordered GCMS but finally I ordered one last month February 12th. I am still waiting for their reply. I wanted to use it as proof to make them know that nobody is working on the file. I will let you know when I got their answer.

Maybe everything would have been quicker if I had contacted them earlier than October. I didn’t know that something was wrong with our timeline. It is only when I got on this forum, I understood that I have to do something and that was in October. So our file got in the queue in October instead of February based on people's timeline who have submitted during the same period as us. So if your file is not following the ordinary timeline, please contact them.

3. We sent you correspondence on February 28, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
WOW... This is crazy...let me guess, u haven't received medical request yet?

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017

I ordered my notes on the 17th of February. I haven't received mine yet either. Hopefully this week for you, early next week for me.