Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
@Mylove4God2017 can you tell us what you submitted as proof of relationship other than the pictures and telephone messaging items? Did you submit money transfer receipts, conversations with each other's families, insurance changes and dependant info at work along with the other items @Cosey said? let us know what you've submitted so far and we can supply more ideas.

Hello house i just recieved the below email from AVO yesterday, im confused should i be alarmed. Any advice from you all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Read below

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The photos and telephone and messaging items are of little value in determining an ongoing and bona fide relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Hi thanks for all your advice, very helpful. I did not use the same birth cirtificate, and I did not add my half sister because after the DNA we both know we are not related. We thought we were different mom and same father but after DNA everything broke up.
So I used different birth cirtificate, different passport and I have no siblings.
I asked my mom to contact him to get me a copy of the DNA to use as proof of why I changed my surname.
No worries. Keep us posted on how it goes.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Social media posts you or your spouse have made about each other with the comments and like and dates you posted them- shows a public relationship
More and more and more chats phone calls, emails. Do you even have a time you quarreled that is documented somewhere, its part of a normal, healthy relationship, so show them
Affidavit from family members and close friends
Gifts and receipts of gifts exchanged on anniversaries or birthdays
More photos, including those you guys took with your friends or family at different times.
Bank statements, Western Union receipts etc showing monetary exchange.
Shared property? Life insurance?

Like I always advice, don't be in too much of a hurry to respond to them, organisation and quality of evidence matters of quantity. Include a strongly worded cover letter written by you and your spouse explaining how your relationship evolved chronologically, the plans you have made that affect each others lives etc. and listing all the additional evidence you are giving them now.
Thanks for your reply but, due to the expensive nature of calling,we usually talk on whatsapp calls or FaceTime more than the regular calls and we haven’t been chatting more on Facebook as compared to whatsapp,instagram, Snapchat and other’s is that bad? But for, Weston union,we have hundreds of them and we used a representative so he did everything for us

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
@Mylove4God2017 can you tell us what you submitted as proof of relationship other than the pictures and telephone messaging items? Did you submit money transfer receipts, conversations with each other's families, insurance changes and dependant info at work along with the other items @Cosey said? let us know what you've submitted so far and we can supply more ideas.
Ooh ok Ye we sent them some western union transfer receipts but that wasn’t too much because, we didn’t have a lot by then and my wife brought me a car as a birthday gift last year I don’t know if we can use the car’s documents too I’m confuse now since the car came after the application has been sent but we have hundreds of Weston union receipts now

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Ooh ok Ye we sent them some western union transfer receipts but that wasn’t too much because, we didn’t have a lot by then and my wife brought me a car as a birthday gift last year I don’t know if we can use the car’s documents too I’m confuse now since the car came after the application has been sent but we have hundreds of Weston union receipts now
evidence after submission counts. If you have anniversary, christmas, valentines cards or evidence of presents sent after the application that helps too. Evidence where people are addressing you as a couple (e.g. cards or invitations from others to events)

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Thanks for your reply but, due to the expensive nature of calling,we usually talk on whatsapp calls or FaceTime more than the regular calls and we haven’t been chatting more on Facebook as compared to whatsapp,instagram, Snapchat and other’s is that bad? But for, Weston union,we have hundreds of them and we used a representative so he did everything for us
That is still fine. I didnt submit telephone call logs as well we submitted many screenshots of whatsapp calls and skype calls. Make as many as you can and arrange 4 -6 screenshots per sheet on Microsoft word and print. Yes you can use the documents of the car your wife sent, its a gift. Did you send her anything no matter how small, include that or explain why the gifting is one sided if you don't, they will notice. Think of everything you can use no matter how insignificant you think it is. Every relationship is different.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
remember, the goal is to prove ongoing relationship. so showing things after the application will lend more credibility to the genuineness of your relationship.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
ok goodnight house. I hope I wake up in the morning to hear good news rolling in.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
To be honest, I wished you got some mentoring before filling out those forms. Your case seems genuine but the application you put together is diminishing the integrity of your case. You should have listed them as your siblings because they are your siblings. You just dont have the same father and that is why you didn't make it in the application. If your mother was the one who tried to sponsor you all, you would have made it as well because you all are her children. The new identity documents you used makes it seem like fraud which is sad. To be honest, after gathering your documents and writing your letter, I think you should include the entire state of confusion that led you to fill out the forms in this way and ask for a chance to even re-apply if the situation is beyond remedy so that they don't ban you. Also remember that CIC deals with facts, merely writing a compassionate letter with out strong evidence backing it will be waved aside. Please don't let any lawyers fool you into calling AVO's bluff. They are used to law court scenarios, AVO is not a court and as it stands they have too much on you. Im glad the letter was even more clear than the previous ones we've seen so at least you know where the trouble is coming from.
It appears from his post that he has neither father nor mother in common with his "half-sister". So the half sister is actually not his half sister.

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
Hello house i just recieved the below email from AVO yesterday, im confused should i be alarmed. Any advice from you all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Read below

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The photos and telephone and messaging items are of little value in determining an ongoing and bona fide relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.
Disclaimer: Do not rush to send in supporting documents you’re not comfortable with.

When did you apply?
Please review your paperwork, including all supporting documents that you’ve sent at the time of application.

Please ensure that the proof of your ongoing relationship additional document that you will be sending is 101% accurate to avoid complications or conflicting information.

Keep in mind that this appears to be a fairness letter and not too many people get such an opportunity to proof beyond unreasonable doubt. Goodluck

Reactions: Mylove4God2017