3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Reactions: Wapsis

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello house i just recieved the below email from AVO yesterday, im confused should i be alarmed. Any advice from you all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Read below

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The photos and telephone and messaging items are of little value in determining an ongoing and bona fide relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.
Hello

Please submit any form of evidence that pro e genuine relationship exists such as all docs the members have advised you. And yes you mention hubby gave you a car in your cover letter you can mention that as well provide bill of landing and when you cleared it at harbor any documents. Copy and paste screenshots of call logs on whatsapp, video screen shots paste onto word document.
Print your chat history of all forms of social media if whatsapp edit and print what you wish to present the amount of evidence you have the better dont limit it to few cgats here and there.
Any real estate docs.. life insurance if beneficiary... if gubby has visited u since marriage provide stamped visa passport page and itinerary etc... monetary gifts such as western union receipts you get the gist...

And yes i want to know your time line. When did you submit your application

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Finally my application has been approved!! .. Many thanks to everyone on this forum for their kind and great support in every aspect of my application, I couldn't have done it myself and most especially I'm grateful to God for making this possible coz at some point all hope was lost. I was drained and couldn't think straight coz the mistake I made on schedule A background/declaration form IMM 5669 would have been seen and read as misrepresentation and I'm glad I acted fast by following my guts even though I had some friends and family members telling me to let it slide. My advise to other members on this forum is to be straight with immigration and try as much as possible not to have anything under your sleeve as they are looking for one minor mistake to capitalize on your application if not properly addressed. I've since believe that when you stay ahead of them though it might slow the whole processing down but you will definitely come out victorious, special thanks to Cutie101 for standing by me in every process and believe me,she did more than what my representative did,she followed up every process as if I was her client and she nvr stopped encouraging me ... I want to also thank Ugoswife, Lagosbabe and bbcanada for their immensely support and encouragement from the day I realize the mistake and also every other member that supported me "God is indeed the Greatest"!!
Congrats Larrykay.. i am happy you took the right decision by sending AVO a mail on your visa ish.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
You said you got a new birth certificate also?
Now did the new birth certificate DOB reflect the same DOB used on the previous Dob used on the dependent sponsorship application?
Was all personal info in both of the birth certificates match with exception to surname being the only thing changing on both certificates? Please clarify.. @Kwamtin
Yes please, the only thing i changed was my surname, and fathers name

Reactions: Ugoswife

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Congratulations to you Ugos. Now its final prep for departure.
You have been a massive source of meaningfully amazing support on this forum, much more than some so-called paid consultant. Thank you for all your invaluable contributions and may your days be filled with divine support in Canada as you move on. Amen.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Congratulations to you larry, I am happy for you for following the path of counsel. God bless you as you proceed. Cheers.

Reactions: Akanni2017

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Hello house i just recieved the below email from AVO yesterday, im confused should i be alarmed. Any advice from you all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance! Read below

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) (a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The photos and telephone and messaging items are of little value in determining an ongoing and bona fide relationship. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

As stated above, you must provide any additional information within thirty days from the date of this letter. If you choose not to respond with additional information an officer will make a decision based on the information presented, which may result in the refusal of your application.
Dear ML4God"17

From IO mail Check out these quotes:

"common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine."

"Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. The photos and telephone and messaging items are of little value in determining an ongoing and bona fide relationship"

Based on the quotes from IO's mail, She/he smells fraud which Based on your submission I think is not true. Don't be alarmed, but know that you have to show the genuineness of your relationship and that its ongoing. Usually or generally speaking which is of cos illegal, when a westerner marries/in a relationship with someone from developing country they see it with suspicion in my opinion.
So, u need to prove to them beyond reasonable doubt that your's is genuine. Fellow forum members have mentioned a lot, I can add that you and your partner may consider getting signed stamped letters from your Clergy, boss, Family head, Clan head, King, high chief, notable individual or organization to attest to the genuineness of your marriage and relationship and that it is ongoing. This I believe in addition to any more photos, or emails or chats preferably all that you can think of that will support your case. Also, put yourself in the mind of the IO's consider things like age difference between you and your spouse, is she older than you? or otherwise and by what margin? is your relationship very short? Maybe there is no children yet, has any of you been married before now? has you wife sponsored or attempted to sponsor anyone before? How long have you two been together? etc etc. IO's concerns may spread far and wide, you need to think about these things and more so you know how to tackle any such concern.
By the way order GCMS immediately, it doesn't matter if delayed or not at least you get to know IO's concerns in plain words. Note that having a representative is good but beware that it could also be a disadvantage. You need to work with your paid consultant to know what he/she writes on your behalf as not all of them are personally concerned, some are mostly concerned with making more fees from clients.

My prayer is you will overcome all these in Jesus name, Amen.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congrats Ugoswife.

Please when did your passport arrive Accra? Mine arrived Accra on the 29th Nov. No update yet.
I received PUM on the 9th day after AVO git my passport. The count includes weekends.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Congratulations to you Ugos. Now its final prep for departure.
You have been a massive source of meaningfully amazing support on this forum, much more than some so-called paid consultant. Thank you for all your invaluable contributions and may your days be filled with divine support in Canada as you move on. Amen.
Thank you so much. This forum has grown to be a lovely hobby for me after spending more than a year refreshing it several times a year just to find a flicker of hope. The least I can do is offer my line of thought to anyone experiencing a glitch. I pray we are all reunited with our loved ones in no time

Last edited:

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
3 working days
Congrats!!! You are an incredible person and your comments and support has been immense. Keep celebrating. dear, the battle is over.
@larrykay247 congrats to you too. This forum does help. Im happy for you

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Oh ok. Can you think of any red flags in your application? Or perhaps you didn't submit a lot of supporting documents? I think the other forum members have said it all. Just strategically package all your post-application proofs and send.
Not really the only red flags I know is not providing any text messages and not too much pictures since the new application doesn’t accept too much

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Hello

Please submit any form of evidence that pro e genuine relationship exists such as all docs the members have advised you. And yes you mention hubby gave you a car in your cover letter you can mention that as well provide bill of landing and when you cleared it at harbor any documents. Copy and paste screenshots of call logs on whatsapp, video screen shots paste onto word document.
Print your chat history of all forms of social media if whatsapp edit and print what you wish to present the amount of evidence you have the better dont limit it to few cgats here and there.
Any real estate docs.. life insurance if beneficiary... if gubby has visited u since marriage provide stamped visa passport page and itinerary etc... monetary gifts such as western union receipts you get the gist...

And yes i want to know your time line. When did you submit your application
Ok and below is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 22, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 27, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.

Reactions: Cutie101

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Ok and below is my timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 22, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 27, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on March 8, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you correspondence on March 13, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Medical results have been received.
  6. Medicals was received 31stJuly2017

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Oh ok. Can you think of any red flags in your application? Or perhaps you didn't submit a lot of supporting documents? I think the other forum members have said it all. Just strategically package all your post-application proofs and send.
Yea I think my pictures wasn’t enough and the texts too