+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a question and your response will be highly appreciated.

April 2017 applicant here, I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with updating an error on an application in process at AVO?

On my IMM 5669 (11-2016) form question number 4d (been refused refugee status in, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa or visitor or temporary resident visa to, Canada or any other country?)
Yes, I was refused a visiting visa in February 2017 but upon examining a copy of my PR application I noticed that I did check No instead of Yes due to I somehow misinterpreted the question.

Thank you all in advance.
Have they requested for medicals?

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you for urgent response .
Just for the purpose of avoiding any additional confusion or delay I’ll go ahead and update that information.
Do I have to use same version of form? And I hope this will not cause an alarm because they have not sent me any communication regarding the error. I just don’t want to mess things up at this time because the silence is too much from AVO[/QUOT

What is your timeline please? when did u submit your app?

Can you provide to us when u submitted your app... did you do medical yet?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Question guys****
Usually what is the turn around timr when you order GCMS notes? They quote 30 calendar days however i still have not recieved it.

How much longer does it take once you send email to advise you have not recieved it....

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
I made the same mistake after getting PPR and I sent hard copy of the schedule A form IMM5669 to Accra coz of the signature and also sent Cover letter to explain the mistake to them, I have since been asked to provide another Police certificate in respond to the updated form I sent.

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
Thank you for sharing the experience. I hope updating the information will not make them to start asking for more document.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Thank you for sharing the experience. I hope updating the information will not make them to start asking for more document.
I think it would be better that you are upfront even if they ask for more documents rather than not saying anything and they deny your application based on incorrect information

Joejj123

Dec 1, 2017
I think it would be better that you are upfront even if they ask for more documents rather than not saying anything and they deny your application based on incorrect information
You’re right.
Can I use the new form or same old form?
Can I Include a copy of the old signed form too?
Is it possible to email it to AVO instead of mailing it?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
You’re right.
If it was me I'd use the new for and send it via webform. I'd include a letter outlining the mistake and explain why it was made I'd probably then send a copy through mail also, just to be sure.

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
I don't understand ur question
Was suprised you got PPR using the new application, then you said you did upfront medical. I see Accra is sending PPR to those applicant that their medical would be expiring December

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
You’re right.
You need to use the new form, the old one isn't tenable anymore, reason why it got updated.
You don't need to attach a copy of the old form, they have it in their records.
You don't need to send hard copy, you send a mail and can do webform upload too..
Send the form with a cover letter admitting it was an error of oversight.
There's no more document to be asked, if you beat them to it.
You don't want to have to be given an ultimatum to explain why you didn't disclose previous denial, when your case is being reviewed.
Please send it ASAP, AVO is being fast now, they might get to April applicants in no time

Reactions: Akanni2017

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Was suprised you got PPR using the new application, then you said you did upfront medical. I see Accra is sending PPR to those applicant that their medical would be expiring December
Surprised?????
His/her medical got expired already, AVO is attending to almost all January applicants, not necessarily those with valid medicals.
I think we had a case of a January applicant, new package and no medical, who got PPR and MR together.
I understand the tension, but it is coming soon.
From my permutations, AVO sends MR five months after applications get received at CIC, the PPR, five months after, making it ten months, however, it could come earlier, and I have a strong feeling @Wapsis and nwarfulu, would get theirs next week.

larrykay247

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
My Ecas at the PR just changed to decision made ... How will I know if my application has been approved?... Since there's no correspondence yet....How soon will I get PUM?