+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello Member, my wife's passport expires on June 2 2018 and since we cannot travel in 3 weeks plus the fact that our medical expires December 6. So my question is should we apply for a new passport before they request for passport. I think they said your passport has to be valid 6 months from the time you send your passport for visa so I think if they request our passport in December then we have less than 6 month prior to the expiry date. Any advice plus how long it takes to get a new passport in Ghana? Thanks in advance
given that we are almost in December and you can not leave Ghana in the next 3 weeks.
1. Re-do the medicals
2. Get a new passport express service given that it has to be valid 6 months and beyond with at least 2 pages available

yeah don't rush you already have the PPR so just get new passport and redo medical and get flight after January 27th flights reduce again ..

Reactions: bbccanada

Chingy

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Yes
Med's Request
03-11-2014
Med's Done....
16-11-2014
Interview........
Waived IJN
Passport Req..
16th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7th April 2015
LANDED..........
May 2015 IJN
@jellyfish_smile

cheapest I found from Lagos Nigeria to Winnipeg is around $2100 below
keep playing with the dates when do you need to leave Nigeria by?????

https://www.skyscanner.ca/transport/flights/los/ywg/171207/180125/airfares-from-lagos-to-winnipeg-in-december-2017-and-january-2018.html?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=flights_seo_landing_page&seo_airline=kl#results[/QUOTE

$1,151.92
Average price per person (taxes & fees included)
SELECT

• Ethiopian Airlines
      Flight 900

1:40pmMon Dec 4Lagos (LOS)
      9:00pmMon Dec 4Addis Ababa (ADD)
    • Layover: ADD, 2h 10m

• Ethiopian Airlines
      Flight 502

11:10pmMon Dec 4Addis Ababa (ADD)
      4:30amTue Dec 5Dublin (DUB)
    • Layover: DUB, 1h

• Ethiopian Airlines
      Flight 502

5:30amTue Dec 5Dublin (DUB)
      7:45amTue Dec 5Toronto (YYZ)
    • Layover: YYZ, 2h 20m

• Air Canada
      Flight 261

10:05amTue Dec 5Toronto (YYZ)
      11:41amTue Dec 5

bakanomics

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Congratulations to those that just received their PPRS.The storms and waiting periods are finally over.And for the couple they refused,the Most High will intervene and laughter shall fill your mouth in Jesus name.
What's more?Could it mean AVO has started to issue PPR letters to 2017 applicants? If yes,it is a good development.Meaning there is hope for most of us before 2017 runs out.
We shall all have reasons to be joyous ,happy and laugh in this coming week in Jesus name.

Reactions: me2605 and Cutie101

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
They say i have to make it before the 20th or they will assume that i intend to forfeit it....i dont care...i will be in canada before the 20th..hahahahaha..am leaving everything behind...!!
Come ooo... leave everything once you enter Canada you can always go back home to arrange whatever u left behind properly ... just come before dec 20th so the visa and your PR is valid...

I don' trust avo... they ask as if they are giving you an option when really they are not... so the members who aren' too sure if you can travel or not make sure to find out your not forfitting your PR ooo

Reactions: Kwamtin

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Its refreshing to see ppr flyin* up and down. Congrrats to everyone that got their mails or calls. VEry hopeful for the coming weeeks. Olowogbogboro must come through cos my medicals was sent since oct and e never pass.
Yall should go and pack and zoom off sharply.
@Cutie101 we dey look God eye o....
Did you say your medical never passed?

larrykay247

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
So I got PPR on the 7th nov and sent passport to AVO on the 10th nov ... I realize there was a mistake on schedule A form where it says have you ever been refused Visa to any country which i made correction and had to do a cover letter which i sent to cic webform on the 16th nov and also sent to AVO via email and dhl ... My ECAS just changed now to Decision made at the part of sponsorship application ... Could this be that correction has been made??

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Wow! Really on the high side. I was asked if if could leave before 7th of December. My problem is them returning my passport say before 5th December. I know Accra averages 3 weeks to send pum, anyone can correct me if I am wrong?

Don' prolong if they sent PR confirmation and DM you have no choice but to get here before it expire don' dull oo

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So I got PPR on the 7th nov and sent passport to AVO on the 10th nov ... I realize there was a mistake on schedule A form where it says have you ever been refused Visa to any country which i made correction and had to do a cover letter which i sent to cic webform on the 16th nov and also sent to AVO via email and dhl ... My ECAS just changed now to Decision made at the part of sponsorship application ... Could this be that correction has been made??

Whattttttttt... they got your passport so why would you send webform again.. you don' fix what is not broken... decision made you already sent your passport they can' refuse you again for corrections made...

In the future don' send things if it' not requested especially when they already have your passport...

larrykay247

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Whattttttttt... they got your passport so why would you send webform again.. you don' fix what is not broken... decision made you already sent your passport they can' refuse you again for corrections made...

In the future don' send things if it' not requested especially when they already have your passport...
I was really scared and i don't want it to be read as misrepresentation ... i seeked advice here and that was what they said i should do ... the decision made just changed now and i got germany refusal stamp on the passport which i didn't declare on the schedule A IMM5699 E form originally last year.

larrykay247

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Between the hard copy of the correction schedule A form i sent is still delayed by DHL and they said it will get to AVO by monday ... Should i stop it since I've already sent a soft copy via email??

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017

He had every reason to send the webform.

He wrongly answered a question on having been denied visa, and the refusal stamp was glaring on his passport?

Do you think AVO Would not go through his passport pages?

Would you rather he keeps quiet, or beat AVO to it.

Remember PPR is not the end of this game.

I commend him for sending explanation to them, rather than being slammed with misrepresentation and ban.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Usually when they come across you been refused at another country they will give u a letter to correct and update schedule A

But if they didn't ask you to do so you leave it...

That was an error not misrepresentation. Misrepresentation is much serious but as long as you have corrected it atleast your honesty correcting after the fact shows good faith so no worries it will not affect the DM.. you already got the letter that said you got PR and passport sent already so rest easy..