+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I am a Permanent resident of Canada. I am planning to go back to Nigeria and get married to my spouse so that I can file for her under the spouse sponsorship route.

I want to ask about the court marriage certificate. Does AVO only reckon with Ikoyi Registry marriage certificate (or other Federal registeries ) only? I am not sure if I can have the wedding done at a local government registry.
My husband and I married in the Ibadan marriage registry. As long as the certificate is recognized in Nigeria, which ours is, it is ok. It doesn't have to be for Ikoyi or Abuja only.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
My husband and I married in the Ibadan marriage registry. As long as the certificate is recognized in Nigeria, which ours is, it is ok. It doesn't have to be for Ikoyi or Abuja only.
Just curious. Did you do the whole big white wedding thing or just registry?

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
We got married at the registry, but in suit and wedding dress. And we also did a traditional wedding (Edo) at our reception.
Ok. I really don't want to go through a hassle to do a big white wedding just to satisfy cic. My fiance and I are both living outside Nigeria and are planning to do a very small civil wedding. Our folks back home in Nigeria have celebrated our engagement traditionally though.

Actually it's not even that i don't want to go through the hassle. The logistics of going back to Nigeria to do a white wedding are crazy. We had always planned to do a small wedding abroad to escape the stress of your typical Nigerian wedding. It's just that I've seen some comments on here that cic seems to prefer a typical wedding. I just hope they understand that every case is unique.

Last edited:

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Hello all, please I have a dilemma and I need advice. I noticed two days ago that a bank statement I sent with my husbands application has his name spelt wrongly. I'm wondering what I should do because I have been so paranoid since I realized this.
Please someone should advice. Thanks

Timmy10

Mar 19, 2017
Hello All, I am new to posting on this thread but have been following for a while. Have a question not sure if anyone can help me or have any advice. I would like to visit my husband while our application is in process how long can I stay out of Canada for, and do I have to be back before a decision is made on our application?

Thanks for all the positive vibes that you all have been giving.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello All, I am new to posting on this thread but have been following for a while. Have a question not sure if anyone can help me or have any advice. I would like to visit my husband while our application is in process how long can I stay out of Canada for, and do I have to be back before a decision is made on our application?

Thanks for all the positive vibes that you all have been giving.
Welcome to the house
In my opinion u can stay as long as u want if u are a citizen but if ure a PR u do not have to exceed 6months.

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone in the house, it feels good to be back here after a while. I hope AVO has been treating everyone well?

Can someone please tell me how long does it take AVO to process applications now? Thanks

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello everyone in the house, it feels good to be back here after a while. I hope AVO has been treating everyone well?

Can someone please tell me how long does it take AVO to process applications now? Thanks
Hi there. AVO is processing at about 10.5 to 12 months right now. that includes hearing from AVO for extra documentation and sending it in and waiting for PPR.

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there. AVO is processing at about 10.5 to 12 months right now. that includes hearing from AVO for extra documentation and sending it in and waiting for PPR.

Thanks for the quick response!

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
hello house
My hubby and I send an email to Accra that he lives in the state and if his application can be transfer to united state or Canada .

He got an email this morning saying *kindly provide a prove of legal status in the state * we both wondering what this mean

Please we need a fast answer
Thank you

Last edited:

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
hello house
My hubby and I s me an email to Accra that he lives in the state and if his application can be transfer to united or Canada .

He got an email this morning saying *kindly provide a prove of legal status in the state * we both wondering what this mean

Please we need a fast answer
Thank you
IT SIMPLY MEANS, PROVIDE THEM WITH THE TYPE OF VISA HE HAS.
IF ITS VISITOR'S VISA, THEY WONT TRANSFER TO USA OR CANADA (HAPPENED TO SOMEONE I KNOW).
IF ITS STUDENT VISA OR ANYOTHER TYPE THAT DOESNT REQUIRE SHORT STAY, THEN IT WOULD BE TRANSFERED.
SO BASICALLY EMAIL THEM VISA/DOCUMENT THAT PROVES THAT HE'S NOT JUST A VISITOR IN THE STATES.
GOODLUCK

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
IT SIMPLY MEANS, PROVIDE THEM WITH THE TYPE OF VISA HE HAS.
IF ITS VISITOR'S VISA, THEY WONT TRANSFER TO USA OR CANADA (HAPPENED TO SOMEONE I KNOW).
IF ITS STUDENT VISA OR ANYOTHER TYPE THAT DOESNT REQUIRE SHORT STAY, THEN IT WOULD BE TRANSFERED.
SO BASICALLY EMAIL THEM VISA/DOCUMENT THAT PROVES THAT HE'S NOT JUST A VISITOR IN THE STATES.
GOODLUCK

Okay so he can just send his visa to them?