send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Hey,

If you haven't already filled out the use of representative and sought a lawyer I would suggest you try and find out what's going on with your app on your own first, as my lawyer hasn't been able to find out anything that others haven't been able to find out on their own. Just so you know.
Hi

You kidding me ?
Honestly have tried all I can to find out !!
Lot of msgs, calls
My hubby even called Ghana but nothing

So this is the next step for us to take to help us !
We want to give it a shot . May God help us !

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi

You kidding me ?
Honestly have tried all I can to find out !!
Lot of msgs, calls
My hubby even called Ghana but nothing

So this is the next step for us to take to help us !
I wasn't trying to criticize you I was just trying to offer my advice based on my experience with a lawyer. I wish you the best of luck.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
I wasn't trying to criticize you I was just trying to offer my advice based on my experience with a lawyer. I wish you the best of luck.
Oh no !!
I was not saying you are criticizing me oo
I know you're just trying to help!!
I didn't mean to make you sound like you were trying to criticize
I'm sorry for that !!

I just want to try this way who knows

May God help us all

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Oh no !!
I was not saying you are criticizing me oo
I know you're just trying to help!!
I didn't mean to make you sound like you were trying to criticize
I'm sorry for that !!

I just want to try this way who knows

May God help us all
Oh Okies, no worries. Sorry, I know you're going through hell right now and expecting your first child with so much uncertainty must be awful. :( I know you must try everything.
This waiting leaves us so powerless. :(

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Oh Okies, no worries. Sorry, I know you're going through hell right now and expecting your first child with so much uncertainty must be awful. :( I know you must try everything.
This waiting leaves us so powerless. :(

Yes honestly !!
It really hard
I pray all this will end in good
Amen

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Yes honestly !!
It really hard
I pray all this will end in good
Amen
Like becos said, using a lawyer will do absolutely nothing to speed up your application. If you want to go ahead, no problem but you have waited for 10 months already and the only assurance I can give you now is that it's almost over.

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Like becos said, using a lawyer will do absolutely nothing to speed up your application. If you want to go ahead, no problem but you have waited for 10 months already and the only assurance I can give you now is that it's almost over.
Yeh I know you guys are probably right but this is costing me nothing !!
I'm not doing it because I think they might spend up my application
All I want is - I want some type of answer !! I hate how they keep mute ! I just want to try the representative to see if she will get an answer

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
All I want is - I want some type of answer !! I hate how they keep mute ! I just want to try the representative to see if she will get an answer
Hi Peg, good to know you are with hubby at the moment. You must be really anxious especially with your coming child but don't worry it''s all going to end soon. I take consolation in the fact that the longer we wait, the closer to the end we are. Using a representarise will not give you any answers now unfortunately instead you because the only difference is that at when cic finally has information for you, it will be forwarded to your representative not to you then you would have to wait for them to contact you. Just enjoy the moments you have with your hubby right now especially if he isn't und r any pressure to leave the States. I haven't seen hubby in a year but I'm looking forward to seeing him next month for our church wedding and reception in Nigeria and I plan to enjoy every second we have even though I was really praying I would be able to go back with him. So just forget about cic and take care of yourself. Cheers.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hi Peg, good to know you are with hubby at the moment. You must be really anxious especially with your coming child but don't worry it''s all going to end soon. I take consolation in the fact that the longer we wait, the closer to the end we are. Using a representative will not give you any answers now unfortunately because the only difference is that at when cic finally has information for you, it will be forwarded to your representative not to you then you would have to wait for them to contact you. Just enjoy the moments you have with your hubby right now especially if he isn't under any pressure to leave the States. I haven't seen hubby in a year but I'm looking forward to seeing him next month for our church wedding and reception in Nigeria and I plan to enjoy every second we have even though I was really praying I would be able to go back with him. So just forget about cic and take care of yourself. Cheers.

Last edited:

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi Peg, good to know you are with hubby at the moment. You must be really anxious especially with your coming child but don't worry it''s all going to end soon. I take consolation in the fact that the longer we wait, the closer to the end we are. Using a representative will not give you any answers now unfortunately because the only difference is that at when cic finally has information for you, it will be forwarded to your representative not to you then you would have to wait for them to contact you. Just enjoy the moments you have with your hubby right now especially if he isn't under any pressure to leave the States. I haven't seen hubby in a year but I'm looking forward to seeing him next month for our church wedding and reception in Nigeria and I plan to enjoy every second we have even though I was really praying I would be able to go back with him. So just forget about cic and take care of yourself. Cheers.

I agree with this. you have waited this long, so might as well wait a few more. if you are lucky, you shld get answer in two months (assuming 12month processing) otherwise 4months (assuming 14months processing).
by all means you can go ahead and use a rep since u said its at no cost to u. but I don't think at this point u want intermediary to be getting 1st hand info when u have come this far.

my PA and I are already planning to meet soon since we still have a long way to go. we applied march 2017 and we know we have about 8months to go so its a snooze fest with AVO.
according to last months news letter on CIC website, it states that they are to be processing all spousal application in 12months or less, but I know accra will go with the former while most VOs are already going with the latter. someone who applied same month as us already got visa from Havana VO two days ago. I keep asking, what makes other VOs different from AVO...but whatever.

I will post the reply from the minister in response to them looking at AVO timing. its very generic so I just ignored it since I got it. I didn't expect anythn less anyways

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Thank you for your correspondence of May 15, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence.

Your concerns are noted and we appreciate your reasons for writing. We realize that you are looking forward to having your husband join you in Canada. Please be assured that every effort is being made to finalize the applications of spouses and partners as quickly as possible.

However, over the past few years, more people have applied to come to Canada in the spousal category than there was space for them in previous immigration levels plans, thus creating a backlog. Since December 2016, the Department has committed to processing the majority of new spousal sponsorship applications for spouses, partners and dependent children within 12 months of receipt, as well as the majority of existing ones by the end of December 2017.

Please note that spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.Furthermore, the need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Our records confirm that your husband’s application is currently in progress at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Visa officers will notify him of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit. Information about the various stages of the application process is provided in the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, I would like to explain that each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Requests for expedited processing are understandable. In general, applications are only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Any information or documentation in support of such a request should be directed to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Yeah, I got the same email from them.

Our records confirm that your husband’s application is currently in progress at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Visa officers will notify him of further steps in processing as soon as circumstances permit. Information about the various stages of the application process is provided in the application guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, I would like to explain that each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Requests for expedited processing are understandable. In general, applications are only expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Any information or documentation in support of such a request should be directed to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

While we realize that this situation is distressing to you, we trust that the information provided is of assistance.

Sincerely,
F. Macmillan
Ministerial Enquiries Division

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
As an October 2016 applicant I expect that at this stage a lot should have been done on my file, however, gcms notes I just received today suggests otherwise. Nothing whatsoever has been completed..only info I could pull out was medical passed..security, eligibility etc pending.

My conclusion is that our files basically sit on someone's computer or some warehouse as the case may be until it's up for processing. At least that's all I can deduce from my gcms notes.

God will answer us all soon I pray.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
wow,
As an October 2016 applicant I expect that at this stage a lot should have been done on my file, however, gcms notes I just received today suggests otherwise. Nothing whatsoever has been completed..only info I could pull out was medical passed..security, eligibility etc pending.

My conclusion is that our files basically sit on someone's computer or some warehouse as the case may be until it's up for processing. At least that's all I can deduce from my gcms notes.

God will answer us all soon I pray.
wow just imagine.
I believe they only touch files when they are ready to issue visa as it nears a one year mark.
I have given up on checking online until we get email from them (whenever that would be)
so sad, other VOs are moving on pretty well