Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
From my little observation, AVO is attending to people with valid medicals, and somehow jumped to November applicants.
Now, I believe it's not all about FIFO.
Please, others should keep the house updated.
This trend of good news should continue.
i think what they are doing is attending to people with valid medical..technically most August and September people's medicals has expired since it already more than one year..so it makes sense ..they are not jumping it's still FIFO...because they followed that trend from Jan....June,july,,,

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Anyone from September 2016 being asked to redo medicals?

how long does it take after being asked to redo medicals to PPR?

this is for those that applied in Aug/Sep 2016....not the new guys

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
funny how people are making statements as if they work at the AVO....

I don't even care whether FIFO or FIFA, all I know is, when its my PA's turn, I will leap for joy.
congrats to people getting PPR of late.....gives hope to us still waiting!!

As much as I appreciate people coming back at the end of their journey saying I have been reading this thread, it has helped me etc,
I think it is only fair if you have been reading to also say something.
if you found things here useful to ur application, why not share ur own ideas, suggestions, what steps u took etc.
you never know how what u say could help someone else.
I think its only fair.....

Reactions: colmiz and Pake

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Anyone from September 2016 being asked to redo medicals?

how long does it take after being asked to redo medicals to PPR?

this is for those that applied in Aug/Sep 2016....not the new guys
Im September and my medical is still valid till December

brown49

Sep 5, 2017

I don't even care whether FIFO or FIFA, all I know is, when its my PA's turn, I will leap for joy.

As much as I appreciate people coming back at the end of their journey saying I have been reading this thread, it has helped me etc,
if you found things here useful to ur application, why not share ur own ideas, suggestions, what steps u took etc.

Hi Ann Marie
In response to your last statement about the fairness of not just reading by saying something on previous post, i would say i had little to none experinece with the sponsorship experience; hence, why i was not able to comtribute much initially. In all honesty, i read through all the post from the beginning to the end just to get an idea of what other peopels experince has been and their suggestions on keeping up with the process.

In regards to what i did, I wrote two letters to the minister. The first one was focused on the deley at AVO and the frustration it puts on families waiting to be reunited. I therefore, pleaded with minister to intervene as the whole procss is putting undue stress on applicacants. The second letter was sent 3 moths after the first as a follow up. In the second letter, i expressed my disappointment in celebrating my first year aniversary alone without my spouse and the emotional distressed i had to endure not beeing able to be around to provide emotional support to my spouse after we lost our first pregnancy. I expressed the dent this whole process is having on Canada as one of the leading advocate on family unification. Once again, i pleaded with him to intervene at AVO office to expedite sponsorship application as many applicants are going through similar experince.

In addition, i updated AVO with additoanl information via e-mail as suggested by other people on the thread. I did this three time in the application process. Information sent were, what-up, IMO, face book and other social media conversation, pictures of visit to ghana with plane tickets and stamps in passport, western union remittance sent, Canadian government ID with spouse information attached ( Thus, CRA notice of assessment indicating my marital status, my employment health benefit with my spouse as beneficiary and other personal insurance bearing the same.

I can say for sure if it made a difference, but that's what i did as suggested by some people on the thread. Thank you

brown49

Sep 5, 2017
Hi Ann Marie
In response to your last statement about the fairness of not just reading by saying something on previous post, i would say i had little to none experinece with the sponsorship experience; hence, why i was not able to comtribute much initially. In all honesty, i read through all the post from the beginning to the end just to get an idea of what other peopels experince has been and their suggestions on keeping up with the process.

In regards to what i did, I wrote two letters to the minister. The first one was focused on the deley at AVO and the frustration it puts on families waiting to be reunited. I therefore, pleaded with minister to intervene as the whole procss is putting undue stress on applicacants. The second letter was sent 3 moths after the first as a follow up. In the second letter, i expressed my disappointment in celebrating my first year aniversary alone without my spouse and the emotional distressed i had to endure not beeing able to be around to provide emotional support to my spouse after we lost our first pregnancy. I expressed the dent this whole process is having on Canada as one of the leading advocate on family unification. Once again, i pleaded with him to intervene at AVO office to expedite sponsorship application as many applicants are going through similar experince.

In addition, i updated AVO with additoanl information via e-mail as suggested by other people on the thread. I did this three time in the application process. Information sent were, what-up, IMO, face book and other social media conversation, pictures of visit to ghana with plane tickets and stamps in passport, western union remittance sent, Canadian government ID with spouse information attached ( Thus, CRA notice of assessment indicating my marital status, my employment health benefit with my spouse as beneficiary and other personal insurance bearing the same.

I can say for sure if it made a difference, but that's what i did as suggested by some people on the thread. Thank you
I meant to say " i can't say that made a differene" in my last statement.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Hi Ann Marie

I did exactly what you did, and I think I can safely say it made a difference.

Reactions: AnneMariee

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi Ann Marie

Very nicely said.
I emphasize with you on the loss....I salute your courage on keeping it together, it is not easy.
I only said that so that we can know how to help one another improve on things we may not know, but could possibly help.
like I said here before, my spouse and I are planning on seeing soon cox we applied in march 2017 and don't know how long it will take to hear back from AVO.

ClassicD

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
12-08-2016
File Transfer...
28-09-2016
Med's Request
15-08-2017
Med's Done....
17-08-2017
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
18-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
Very nicely said.
I emphasize with you on the loss....I salute your courage on keeping it together, it is not easy.
I only said that so that we can know how to help one another improve on things we may not know, but could possibly help.
like I said here before, my spouse and I are planning on seeing soon cox we applied in march 2017 and don't know how long it will take to hear back from AVO.
I think you meant "empathize" but i guess everyone gets your point. I also empathize with you on the loss @brown49.

It's obviously frustrating for everyone as we all are waiting for very long time with some not having any progress on their applications. We all need to keep the faith, continue the pressure building on AVO and also the Immigration Ministry and God willing we'll unite with our spouses and families very soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnneMariee

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Very nicely said.
you will hear from them hopefully after sept 12 which is at least 3 months from your medical. I notice they strategically move onto the next category after every 2-3 months. I hope you hear from them soon on your 6 month mark.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
Hello everyone it's been a while since I logged in. However congratulations to everyone who has heard from Avo and or received PPR Request..I am an August 30th 2016 Applicant and still haven't heard anything from Avo..my question is for those who submitted additional documents,was it submitted under the impression of the applicant or the sponsor.Also the people who have been contacted by Avo what was ur Gckey saying was there and update thanks very much in advance looking forward to get your feedback.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
While I am happy for those November applicants, those who applied September and October should join me in flooding the minister of immigrations office with emails and phone calls over this inexcusable disregard for those of us waiting for over a year with not one word. I'm actually at my wits end. I don't actually know what else to do.

brown49

Sep 5, 2017
Hello everyone it's been a while since I logged in. However congratulations to everyone who has heard from Avo and or received PPR Request..I am an August 30th 2016 Applicant and still haven't heard anything from Avo..my question is for those who submitted additional documents,was it submitted under the impression of the applicant or the sponsor.Also the people who have been contacted by Avo what was ur Gckey saying was there and update thanks very much in advance looking forward to get your feedback.
sending additinal documents can be done either by the applicant or the sponsor. You will have to indicate your file or UCI number so AVO can identify whom the informaton is for. Currenly my Gckey does is blank. It keeps saying error whenever i try viewing my application. I'm assuming there is a technical difficulty at their end.

Reactions: queenanetor

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
It is well Becos all things will work out for our good ..ive always read your encouraging word and advices you give to others...the joy of the Lord is your strength you have strong , God give the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers I know it's not easy because am in the same situation..be strong dear and

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
sending additinal documents can be done either by the applicant or the sponsor. You will have to indicate your file or UCI number so AVO can identify whom the informaton is for. Currenly my Gckey does is blank. It keeps saying error whenever i try viewing my application. I'm assuming there is a technical difficulty at their end.
Okay thank you Bronwn49 for you reply