+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Not sure how accurate this info is...but when AVO requested for remedicals, it changed to we are reviewing your medical result. I checked myCIC on the same day the request was made to submit new medical and that was what I saw.
Not two minutes after I posted this my husband sent me an email showing that the medicals have been requested.

We are April 2017 applicants.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Hello everyone it's been a while since I logged in. However congratulations to everyone who has heard from Avo and or received PPR Request..I am an August 30th 2016 Applicant and still haven't heard anything from Avo..my question is for those who submitted additional documents,was it submitted under the impression of the applicant or the sponsor.Also the people who have been contacted by Avo what was ur Gckey saying was there and update thanks very much in advance looking forward to get your feedback.
When did you do your medicals?

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Not two minutes after I posted this my husband sent me an email showing that the medicals have been requested.

We are April 2017 applicants.
oh they have started requesting medicals from April 2017 applicants. That is good news, which means they will soon get to us . I applied in May. I thought they were all focused on 2016 applicants and kept 2017 on hold. It is good to know everyone is being carried along.

queenanetor

Star Member
Nov 28, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
30th August 2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30//2016
File Transfer...
November 7th 2016
Med's Done....
11/10/2017
Interview........
11th Oct 2017
Passport Req..
12/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
8th November 2017
LANDED..........
23rd November 2017
When did you do your medicals?
@roomingspirit our medical was done in July 2016 ..hoping to hear from Avo soon am so frustrated by the way am the sponsor

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
@roomingspirit our medical was done in July 2016 ..hoping to hear from Avo soon am so frustrated by the way am the sponsor
so sorry to hear that, I can imagine. I am sure they will sort out most 2016 applications on or before December like they said. Just keep your fingers crossed and continue being hopeful.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
April 2017 applicant, I got medical request yesterday

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
April 2017 applicant, I got medical request yesterday
good news, it means they are working on both 2016 and 2017.

my PA got medicals done in June during the time there was a glitch in the system. we used it to our advantage. if not, they would have asked us for medical by now since we are March 2017 applicant.
It will be a great feeling if they can finalize even 2017 by December

let the good news (glimmer of hope) continue to pour in.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Ooh thank God finally I can post. Have been having issue doing that for a while now. Good to be finally back to my online family.

Thanks @BaJay for spotting and telling the house I received PPR on Tuesday. It was indeed a very pleasant suprise I must say and couldn't be happier. It's our ist year wedding anniversary on the 8th and this wonderful news came on the 5th(Best anniversary gift I could wish for). Posted out passport today and hoping they return it asap cos medical expires on the 26th of Oct. Will keep us posted on how things go.

Thanks to everyone! Cheers!

Last edited:

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
While I am happy for those November applicants, those who applied September and October should join me in flooding the minister of immigrations office with emails and phone calls over this inexcusable disregard for those of us waiting for over a year with not one word. I'm actually at my wits end. I don't actually know what else to do.
I feel ur pain cos am one of the people that strongly believe in the FIFO process but can't just explain what happened. AVO is just in a world of thier own. U guys should keep doing ur best and I believe goodnews will come sooner that u think.

All the best!

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
@xls and @brown49 and @Sugarcoconut, remind me again if you submitted the additional info to AVO via email or through mycic or courier please.

Thanks,
We did two ways, Cic webform and Courier. Webform gives Limited space and we had a lot to send in. Ok a brief run down of how our app went.

We did court wedding in US (Sept) with just 11 people in attendance including us. Had a little reception after the ceremony. As at then we hadn't done anything traditionally (am Nigerian, Igbo precisely). We applied in Nov. though we didn't have any elaborate wedding but we really did our best backing up our app. Hubby visited severally, nothing was left out including our wedding band receipt. Our app was sent out in box.

This year April we had a very elaborate traditional wedding in my village so in May we mailed additional documents to Accra. Most of the documents was about the wedding. We sent anything we could think of including some light souvenir that had our pictures and names crested on. It was another bulky package we had to exclude phone logs if not it would have been another box.

Hubby wrote them at interval too.

Last edited:

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
We did two ways, Cic webform and Courier. Webform gives Limited space and we had a lot to send in. Ok a brief run down of how our app went.

We did court wedding in US (Sept) with just 11 people in attendance including us. Had a little reception after the ceremony. As at then we hadn't done anything traditionally (am Nigerian, Igbo precisely). We applied in Nov. though we didn't have any elaborate wedding but we really did our best backing up our app. Hubby visited severally, nothing was left out including our wedding band receipt. Our app was sent out in box.

This year April we had a very elaborate traditional wedding in my village so in May we mailed additional documents to Accra. Most of the documents was about the wedding. We sent anything we could think of including some light souvenir that had our pictures and names crested on. It was another bulky package we had to exclude phone logs.

Congrats

Reactions: Sugarcoconut

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017

This year April we had a very elaborate traditional wedding in my village so in May we mailed additional documents to Accra. Most of the documents was about the wedding. We sent anything we could think of including some light souvenir that had our pictures and names crested on. It was another bulky package we had to exclude phone logs if not it would have been another box.

lmaoooo...you didnt leave anything to chance at all.... a whole box of evidence...am sure they got tired of keeping your box around ;);)

Reactions: Sugarcoconut

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
congratulations! our case is somewhat similar. We had a civil ceremony in the US last July and it was just hubby and I but we had lots of other evidence from when we started dating and after he migrated to Canada. Our parents did our dowry so we had a few pics from that. we just had our church and traditional wedding 3 weeks ago and ive emailed AVO pics from the ceremonies. Due to bulkiness, I didnt add call logs etc as well. Im wondering the time interval between when you sent the additional docs and when you finally heard from AVO.

Ooh thank God finally I can post. Have been having issue doing that for a while now. Good to be finally back to my online family.

Thanks @BaJay for spotting and telling the house I received PPR on Tuesday. It was indeed a very pleasant suprise I must say and couldn't be happier. It's our ist year wedding anniversary on the 8th and this wonderful news came on the 5th(Best anniversary gift I could wish for). Posted out passport today and hoping they return it asap cos medical expires on the 26th of Oct. Will keep us posted on how things go.

Thanks to everyone! Cheers!

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
lmaoooo...you didnt leave anything to chance at all.... a whole box of evidence...am sure they got tired of keeping your box around ;);)

My dear one needs to tighten every end oo. Better excess than less. When we received GCMS notes in July I saw where they case officer or whoever wrote "Too many call and chat logs" lol

Last edited:

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
congratulations! our case is somewhat similar. We had a civil ceremony in the US last July and it was just hubby and I but we had lots of other evidence from when we started dating and after he migrated to Canada. Our parents did our dowry so we had a few pics from that. we just had our church and traditional wedding 3 weeks ago and ive emailed AVO pics from the ceremonies. Due to bulkiness, I didnt add call logs etc as well. Im wondering the time interval between when you sent the additional docs and when you finally heard from AVO.
Yes our cases look and sound similar.

They received our additional documents early June. We requested gcms notes that same month and received it in July. As at then nothing absolutely has started on our file. The only new info we got on that note was that we passed medical. We email them in Aug but as usual they didn't respond.

The long awaited message landed on Sept 5th (PPR).

Wish u all da best and congrats on ur wedding

Last edited: