28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Thank you much
I appreciate
We will not respond and just wait
You have initiated the process already an document request has been made, I'm not sure not replying is a good option.

You can reply with the document but info them not to transfer file and ignore the request. That way U can easily request for visa issuances in the US.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Ok. I really don't want to go through a hassle to do a big white wedding just to satisfy cic. My fiance and I are both living outside Nigeria and are planning to do a very small civil wedding. Our folks back home in Nigeria have celebrated our engagement traditionally though.

Actually it's not even that i don't want to go through the hassle. The logistics of going back to Nigeria to do a white wedding are crazy. We had always planned to do a small wedding abroad to escape the stress of your typical Nigerian wedding. It's just that I've seen some comments on here that cic seems to prefer a typical wedding. I just hope they understand that every case is unique.
It sounds like you'd have a lot of proof of the legitimacy of your marriage anyway.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
It sounds like you'd have a lot of proof of the legitimacy of your marriage anyway.
I sure do hope so. I live in the US while she lives in Canada though. So it's not like are living together. However, we've dated for quite a while and cic granted me a visa to visit her which I take as a good sign.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I sure do hope so. I live in the US while she lives in Canada though. So it's not like are living together. However, we've dated for quite a while and cic granted me a visa to visit her which I take as a good sign.
If you live in the US, wouldn't your application be processed there?

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Yes oo
It not easy
Will tell my hubby not to send anything and we will just have more patience.

we will hold on to God's pole and keep praying.
i think you should email them saying u will wait till the PPR request or better still ask a lawyer on the next step because they might be very funny and put the application on hold hoping you will reply them with is prove of status.... which is the last thing you need right now cos you almost close to the finish line

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
NO IT DOESNT DELAY, EXCEPT THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FILE.
BUT WHAT I WOULD SUGGEST U DO IS WAIT UNTIL PASSPORT REQUEST (REMEMBER HE CANT EVEN MAIL PASSPORT OVERSEAS UNLESS HE'S WILLING TO TRAVEL TO ACCRA) BUT THEY DONT ADD MONTHS TO UR FILE BCOX OF A TRANSFER.

FEW THAT IVE READ ON OTHER THREADS EMAILED THEIR RESPECTIVE VOs TO SAY THEY DONT LIVE THERE WHEN THEY GOT PASSPORT REQUEST, AND IT WAS EVEN TREATED WITH URGENCY.

SO EITHER WAY IT WOULD STILL BE SENT TO VO IN USA/OTTAWA AS LONG AS UR HUSBAND IS NOT WILLING TO TRAVEL TO ACCRA.
TRUE TALK.... IT ALWAYS TREATED WITH URGENCY BECAUSE I ASK FOR A PPR TRANSFER TO CANADA AFTER THE PPR REQUEST AND IT WAS TREATED URGENTLY AS MY MEDICALS WAS GONNA EXPIRE SOON.. THE OFFICER THAT EVEN TREATED OUR FILE EMAILED US PERSONALLY TO KNOW IF MY HUSBAND WILL BE ABLE TO LAND ON TIME AND IF NOT WE SHOULD LET HER KNOW IMMEDIATLY, AND BY GOD GRACE WE DID ALL ON TIME.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Hi HisAma, welcome to the forum.

I understand what you're saying about taking the chance to go to AVO but unfortunately that is not a good idea nor worth its time, or really even possible. Even when you give your passport request they will not allow you to take your passport there to get the visa, you must submit it via DHL. The only time you can go there is for a scheduled interview. The AVO office has a giant case load. They deal with almost every immigration class for these places:

Ascension, St. Helena & Tristan da Cunha
Benin
Equatorial Guinea
Ghana
Guinea - Refugees
Liberia
Nigeria - all except FSW, express entry
Sao Tome and Principe
Sierra Leone
Togo

Unfortunately it's not a casual stop in office and see who's around to talk to you, its formal bureacracy and they deal with 10s of thousands of applications and they will only turn you away, and that will be a receptionist, you will never get past them to the people that matter. (From my reading of past AVO audits, the have about four case workers, that's it. There are other staff but only four people that work on cases.) And they have it set up that way because if it was that easy to walk in and lobby for our cases we would all do it.

This is a difficult journey, I feel your pain, and for the longest time I struggled with the need to do and just feel like I'm doing more to help our case. But I realized I can't do anything. It's in the hands of AVO now and all you can do is have your extra documentation ready on hand if they ask and ready to sign a form if they ask and get a medical when they ask. I often have people ask me "why haven't you gone to your MP yet, haven't you called the office?" Sure I can but it's not going to influence anything. Not now. This process is unlike so many processes that we are used to. In Canada we are free to complain, drop in, lobby and change outcomes in almost anything. This is so different. With this we are powerless.

Sorry to give you an answer you probably didn't want to hear. You're in the house now, and therefore part of the family, and here we support and guide one another despite how helpless we somehow end up. Don't stop being positive though. Patience is key. I've been waiting 319 days. I never thought we'd get this far but we've gotten too far to be sad now. It will be. For all of us, in due time.

Enjoy your time with your husband. Try not to think about the process too much while together. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. We're all here.
You know why I agree with you ..
As at 2012 January. .I know they had only one case officer for processing student visa in Nigeria. .
But why put so much work on 4 people?
With all the money we pay. .they don't want to inject more personal into Ghana office. .it's all political. ...
Is there no way we can call the attention of the PM as one body. .
If not these things will continue like these even for others behind. .

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Hi HisAma, welcome to the forum.

I understand what you're saying about taking the chance to go to AVO but unfortunately that is not a good idea nor worth its time, or really even possible. Even when you give your passport request they will not allow you to take your passport there to get the visa, you must submit it via DHL. The only time you can go there is for a scheduled interview. The AVO office has a giant case load. They deal with almost every immigration class for these places:

Ascension, St. Helena & Tristan da Cunha
Benin
Equatorial Guinea
Ghana
Guinea - Refugees
Liberia
Nigeria - all except FSW, express entry
Sao Tome and Principe
Sierra Leone
Togo

Unfortunately it's not a casual stop in office and see who's around to talk to you, its formal bureacracy and they deal with 10s of thousands of applications and they will only turn you away, and that will be a receptionist, you will never get past them to the people that matter. (From my reading of past AVO audits, the have about four case workers, that's it. There are other staff but only four people that work on cases.) And they have it set up that way because if it was that easy to walk in and lobby for our cases we would all do it.

This is a difficult journey, I feel your pain, and for the longest time I struggled with the need to do and just feel like I'm doing more to help our case. But I realized I can't do anything. It's in the hands of AVO now and all you can do is have your extra documentation ready on hand if they ask and ready to sign a form if they ask and get a medical when they ask. I often have people ask me "why haven't you gone to your MP yet, haven't you called the office?" Sure I can but it's not going to influence anything. Not now. This process is unlike so many processes that we are used to. In Canada we are free to complain, drop in, lobby and change outcomes in almost anything. This is so different. With this we are powerless.

Sorry to give you an answer you probably didn't want to hear. You're in the house now, and therefore part of the family, and here we support and guide one another despite how helpless we somehow end up. Don't stop being positive though. Patience is key. I've been waiting 319 days. I never thought we'd get this far but we've gotten too far to be sad now. It will be. For all of us, in due time.

Enjoy your time with your husband. Try not to think about the process too much while together. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. We're all here.
You know why I agree with you ..
As at 2012 January. .I know they had only one case officer for processing student visa in Nigeria. .
But why put so much work on 4 people?
With all the money we pay. .they don't want to inject more personal into Ghana office. .it's all political. ...
Is there no way we can call the attention of the PM as one body. .
If not these things will continue like these even for those coming behind

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
Hi there. AVO is processing at about 10.5 to 12 months right now. that includes hearing from AVO for extra documentation and sending it in and waiting for PPR.
Wow..went from Average of 9 months last year to 10.5 -12 months. .presently
What happened. .is it that from July 2016,
there was a sudden application increase? ??

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I don't know. It's brutal though. I pray I hear from them any day now. We're August. We should be up next.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...