+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do.
That's good they've finallyyyyyyy cleared that up. Thousands of people were freaking out. Can't believe it took that long to fix/make a statement.

Last edited:

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
We are already going through enough, they need to stop messingwith our feelings with this kind of fake updates.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
We are already going through enough, they need to stop messingwith our feelings with this kind of fake updates.
Yeah that was awful. I can't believe it took them almost a week to put out a statement. I was loosing my mind because I still can't get into myCIC and we are august apps and we should be up next to actually hearing something.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello everyone, I have not been here for while because this process is very painful and discouraging. I can't understand why is taking so long for this Accra office to communicate with us about what is going on with our file? Honestly, I lost hope with the way the system works after all the fees we paid to process our application but it seems like it is a free service they are offering us. I just saw that on myCIC link account it says they are reviewing the additional document we provided but we never provided any additional document to the office.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello everyone, I have not been here for while because this process is very painful and discouraging. I can't understand why is taking so long for this Accra office to communicate with us about what is going on with our file? Honestly, I lost hope with the way the system works after all the fees we paid to process our application but it seems like it is a free service they are offering us. I just saw that on myCIC link account it says they are reviewing the additional document we provided but we never provided any additional document to the office.
Hi BBC. I hear you. This process sucks. I've stopped counting the days.

If you've been away for a bit you will have missed the glitch that happened last Tuesday with everyone's myCIC account. Take a look at a few pages back. Ignore the status changes. CIC issued a statement about it. Unless you get a message to act on something or an email, it's a mistake in their system. This happened to everyone's applications, every class of immigration, every country and every stage of the process. It's been quite the week.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
We are currently experiencing very high traffic on our online services. You may have difficulty accessing them. We are working to resolve this issue.

• If you are unable to submit a document on time as a result of the technical difficulties, try again over the next few days. If you are concerned about missing your deadline, submit the requested documents using the IRCC Webform.
  • You may see an incorrect application status asking for a medical exam or additional documents. If you actually need to send any documents or do a medical, you will see a message in your account and a letter explaining what you need to do.
@bbccanada

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hey hey! I've been following this tread for a very long time. You're awesome! I might be part of you guys real soon as we sent our app and I think the last part will be treated at AVO :)

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Hey hey! I've been following this tread for a very long time. You're awesome! I might be part of you guys real soon as we sent our app and I think the last part will be treated at AVO :)
Welcome.

We are all here to assist and support each other. If you have any issue or question, feel free to ask. I'm sure someone will have an answer or point you in the answer's direction.

It's a waiting game and requires a lot of patience.

Goodluck on your application.

Reactions: cookie1234

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Thank you becos and Xis for your information I really appreciate! As for the Accra office we say thanks you for the we you are treating applicants with very unprofessionalism. They can do whatever they want but God is in control. I know they have a lot of files to work on but how long it takes to figure our a genuine marriage? I think they are more interested putting our file in the dust than to speed up the process to reunite us with our love ones.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Welcome.

We are all here to assist and support each other. If you have any issue or question, feel free to ask. I'm sure someone will have an answer or point you in the answer's direction.

It's a waiting game and requires a lot of patience.

Goodluck on your application.
Thank you very much :) Let's be brave and positive! I have a lot of questions but I'll stay patient!
Please correct me if I am wrong but, I saw a lot of applicants refused without any interview ? I thought they didn't have the right to do that. Or did I just miss the moment they had an interview ?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Thank you very much :) Let's be brave and positive! I have a lot of questions but I'll stay patient!
Please correct me if I am wrong but, I saw a lot of applicants refused without any interview ? I thought they didn't have the right to do that. Or did I just miss the moment they had an interview ?
Hi cookie1234, welcome to the house.

Yes people can be refused without an interview. They are rarely refused without being asked for documentation to support their worries that you don't meet the requirements first. Like they could ask for more documentation to support a genuine relationship or documentation to support your identity, etc. They can say in that letter "you do not meet the requirements, we are giving you 30 days" basically to provide information to prove us wrong. If that doesn't satisfy them they can refuse you. An interview kind of acts like the request for extra docs. So the interview doesn't have to happen to be refused.

Reactions: cookie1234

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Thank you becos and Xis for your information I really appreciate! As for the Accra office we say thanks you for the we you are treating applicants with very unprofessionalism. They can do whatever they want but God is in control. I know they have a lot of files to work on but how long it takes to figure our a genuine marriage? I think they are more interested putting our file in the dust than to speed up the process to reunite us with our love ones.
My only worry is that all these delays might affect our share of the yearly spouse sponsorship quota.

cookie1234

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
Doc's Request.
xxxx
AOR Received.
xxxx
File Transfer...
xxxx
Med's Request
xxxx
Med's Done....
xxxx
Interview........
xxxx
VISA ISSUED...
soon
LANDED..........
soon
Hi cookie1234, welcome to the house.

Yes people can be refused without an interview. They are rarely refused without being asked for documentation to support their worries that you don't meet the requirements first. Like they could ask for more documentation to support a genuine relationship or documentation to support your identity, etc. They can say in that letter "you do not meet the requirements, we are giving you 30 days" basically to provide information to prove us wrong. If that doesn't satisfy them they can refuse you. An interview kind of acts like the request for extra docs. So the interview doesn't have to happen to be refused.
Wow.... I don't know what is more stressful between the two options. We are probably going to have one of them because of my history (tried to visit my hubby in Canada but got no luck and I heard that any previous refusal leads to an interview).
Maybe the interview process takes longer... Althoug it looks like more people are refused after sending more documents, than after having an interview.

Anyway it's another week! All the best to everyone :) I wish good news are on their way :)

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Good morning guys,

So i noticed that request for medical has been removed from my ECAS and it now reads" Medical not needed now", another update also is that the additional documents are submitted are being reviewed. This feels good and hopefully, we all we get good news this month.............

Have a great week guys

oduzbaba89

Oct 21, 2016
good morning, i am new on the ghanian thread, but i have read so many views of people, its really discouraging but we got no choice than to keep hope alive. pleas what does nigerian embassy does self? only the visit visa or what, i dont understand . please sponsorship of other eligible relatives how many months does it takes, is it the ghana office that will handle the rest after approval in missasauga, i dont understand. avo is killing .........