+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
boatswife said:
Becos...I applaud you for your words...some may not post..including myself ..just because sometimes its just too much to talk about everything..especially in a public way..somedays its just a fight to get out of bed after you have cried all night from going through this process...other times its a matter of trust ..not everyone in this forum is supportive...I myself have not tried to hide anything and Im praying for the day my husband has landed so I can help others without fear of cic..anything can happen...Ive seen very well documented cases refused while others with nothing get through..sometimes its just faith and luck...
I sent you a message. Much love. <3

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
waitingInTO said:
bbcCanada, there's no one of knowing what people are reading and not reading. Please let's not jump to such statements as it causes negative feelings in the forum. I for one try to read every message and go back a few pages when I've been away. However, I can only comment on the topics I know something about. I have not gone through this before, so if i can't direct someone to a earlier message that someone solved a similar problem or an external resource, I hesitate to add noise and my own speculations to a topic (unless the person is asking for ideas and not solutions). This is a sensitive process and emotions are high in some people, the last thing I want is to advice incorrectly as consequences are dear.

That said, I noticed your name a while back in this thread, but your timeline indicates you only just applied. is it a new application?

Yes this is a new application because of some school certificate mess during my wife's interview we were told after I clarify everything with them that we should reapply. The good thing is they corrected everything in the system and I still have my previous note which the officer enters the marriage is genuine. This time around before I filled the application I went home myself to gather every single document f cos I don't want to trust anyone for another mess. I hope this application would be straight forward and I also have a 11 months daughter after the last application whom was just granted a proof of citizenship certificate in December.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
bbccanada said:
Yes this is a new application because of some school certificate mess during my wife's interview we were told after I clarify everything with them that we should reapply. The good thing is they corrected everything in the system and I still have my previous note which the officer enters the marriage is genuine. This time around before I filled the application I went home myself to gather every single document f cos I don't want to trust anyone for another mess. I hope this application would be straight forward and I also have a 11 months daughter after the last application whom was just granted a proof of citizenship certificate in December.
Oh wow! You actually went to Ghana to gather the docs? I feel for you. I hope the second one is a speedy one. Congratulations on the new birth!

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
waitingInTO said:
Oh wow! You actually went to Ghana to gather the docs? I feel for you. I hope the second one is a speedy one. Congratulations on the new birth!
WaitingInTO yay we both from Ontario. all the best in your application ;)

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
Oh okey timoske so it means,ontill visa is issued,they don't update anything apart from being in progress.meaning you can pass eligibility but they won't update it ontill visa is issued.is that right.is that what it means

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
jay9132 said:
Oh okey timoske so it means,ontill visa is issued,they don't update anything apart from being in progress.meaning you can pass eligibility but they won't update it ontill visa is issued.is that right.is that what it means
check
Yes the eligibility will never changed to pass on ecas until the visa is issue because if any red flag occurred during the background check will also affect eligibility. But if you order your note depending on the stage of the application you could see eligibility pass or recommended pass from the officers working on your file.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
waitingInTO said:
Thank you I really appreciate

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
Hello Members,

Please I need your advice whether I should send my wife to Accra to ask the office to give her my daughter's citizenship certificate that was sent to them since December 7 2016 or what should I do. I send them email to let us come for it but the never replied me. I also try calling but they don't answer calls. Cic Canada told me that they have no control over the visa office abroad so I have to find a way to get the certificate from them.

ninche

Jan 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
23rd august 2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
29th august 2016
Med's Done....
upfront meds
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
bbccanada said:
Hello Members,

Please I need your advice whether I should send my wife to Accra to ask the office to give her my daughter's citizenship certificate that was sent to them since December 7 2016 or what should I do. I send them email to let us come for it but the never replied me. I also try calling but they don't answer calls. Cic Canada told me that they have no control over the visa office abroad so I have to find a way to get the certificate from them.
hi bbccanada,
i honestly think if ur gona sit n wait to hear frm them its gona drag.wat u shd do is print out all ur corespondence with AVO abt this impasse with ur document with them n give it to ur wife to take along to accra office.if she gets there she shd insist on speaking to a rep of AVO. bt also as ask ur wife to be prepared to spend a day or two in axxra jx incase.

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
ninche said:
hi bbccanada,
i honestly think if ur gona sit n wait to hear frm them its gona drag.wat u shd do is print out all ur corespondence with AVO abt this impasse with ur document with them n give it to ur wife to take along to accra office.if she gets there she shd insist on speaking to a rep of AVO. bt also as ask ur wife to be prepared to spend a day or two in axxra jx incase.
Hello Ninche

I never taught about this idea so I will do exactly as you advice print out everything for her to go there. Thanks I lot for your feed back

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
ok to assist you with my advise since i have gone there to also fill some paper work for my Canadian daughter,i suggest you get every correspondents as a member advised you and give to your wife to take it to the high commission and she will be asked to talk to a front desk and with your correspondent,if the documents you requesting is available,it will be given to your wife right away.

If i may ask you,in your notes,how long did it take after your file was transferred to the Accra office before you saw recommended pass or pass.i ask because from my first notes i ordered,it said it wasn't started and on ecas,it showed in progress.After i ordered my second notes,i was expecting to see a remark from the visa officer each recommended pass,but it only said Not started.Does it mean,the file wasn't updated before it was generated?i am in my 10 months now and no word from the visa office.

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Good day guys,

Please i need your assistance.

I just discovered that i misinterpreted a question asked in one of the immigration forms and i want to clarify now.

Please how do i send this updated form to AVO?
DHL or upload in my ECAS?
Who do i address the document to?

Thank you soo much ,expecting ur responses.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
Does anyone here have an idea about how the background check and eligibility is done at AVO.Which aspect or areas are mostly checked? I know none of us works at AVO but I need your guess.Thank you

ninche

Jan 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
23rd august 2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
29th august 2016
Med's Done....
upfront meds
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
bolakale said:
Good day guys,

Please i need your assistance.

I just discovered that i misinterpreted a question asked in one of the immigration forms and i want to clarify now.

Please how do i send this updated form to AVO?
DHL or upload in my ECAS?
Who do i address the document to?

Thank you soo much ,expecting ur responses.
bolakale pls include a cover letter explicitly explaining all the circumstances around ur communique n dhl it to AVO.jx goolgle Avo fr their address online...use dhl so u can track n make sure its delivered.

ninche

Jan 29, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
23rd august 2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
29th august 2016
Med's Done....
upfront meds
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
JOSH717 said:
Does anyone here have an idea about how the background check and eligibility is done at AVO.Which aspect or areas are mostly checked? I know none of us works at AVO but I need your guess.Thank you
josh dats a very technical question. bt i believe they can easily check ur institutions u claim u attend ,certificates or if u orovided financial details they can easily communicate with ur banks...
bt i guess it doesnt reall take long fr the background checks.