Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Re: DNA TEST

adejumo said:
I just received an email from ACCRA CIC office that my son needs to do DNA Test. He currently lives in Nigeria. These are my questions: Does he needs to travel to Ghana for the DNA test? Any DNA collection center in Lagos? How long does the whole process takes? Anyone with better idea please help me out.
Thanks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/id/parent.asp

you might find this link helpful. What exactly did they say in the email you were sent?

Cheers

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Re: DNA TEST

Many tahnks to Lamour,Capdt,Ghanaboy and most expectially Mandiebrsxton for their helpfulful information...

Mnadiebraxton's link really helped..

Just incase of anyone in my situation,pls read the link below...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op02-eng.pdf
What hap
pens if the common
-
law partner (principal applicant) is married to another
person?
Persons who are married to third parties may be considered common
-
law partners provided their
marriage has broken down and they have lived separate and apart from the spou
se for long
enough to establish a common
-
law relationship

at least one year
In this case they must have
cohabited in a conjugal relationship with the common
-
law partner for at least one year.
Cohabitation with a common
-
law partner cannot be considered t
o have started until a physical
separation from the spouse has occurred
A common
-
law relationship cannot be legally
established if one or both parties continue their marital relationships.
Officers must be satisfied that a principal applicant is separate
d from and no longer cohabits with
a legal spouse. This evidence may be in the form of a signed formal declaration that the marriage
has ended and that the person has entered into a common
-
law relationship. An officer may
require that the person produce ot
her written evidence of a formal separation or of a breakdown of
the marriage
Acceptable documents include a separation agreement, a court order in respect of
custody of children identifying the fact of the marriage breakdown, documents removing the
legal
ly married spouse(s) from insurance policies or will as beneficiaries (a “change of beneficiary”
form).

yaozm

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015.
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
@ Angeleyes19
Yes. I expected to come back with my Family.
so sad but hey At least I see them coming soon.
Lets see early Feb. May good news rain on us.

glow2shine

Dec 9, 2015
Late December 2015, I spoke with my MP representing Brampton East riding about the prolonged spousal application processing time and I believed that many Bramptonians voiced their frustrations to him as well. I found this video on MP Raj Grewal’s facebook page and I thought the two web Links below might interest someone on this thread
A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp2nJatcGaY&feature=youtu.be
B. http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/john-mccallum-%e2%80%98honoured%e2%80%99-to-be-at-helm-of-syrian-refugee-file/ar-BBoO4KP?ocid=spartanntp
I concur with the opinion of Debra Black which states….. “McCallum has been so preoccupied with the refugee plan he is only now beginning to look at implementing some of the other promises the Liberals made on the immigration file, including repealing parts of the Citizenship Act as well as reallocating resources to speed up processing times for spousal, family and caregiver applications”.
I think Mr. McCallum’s answer in the video is vague and safe, no specifics was given. But at least I am glad that they are having discussions about this issue that is so dear to the hearts of many Canadians who filled application to sponsor their family members and spouse. Let's keep the good work moving at the floor of House of Commons. Good job.

FitzTaj

Jan 19, 2016
Hey bro, did you get your copr yet? My VO got changed on 28th, I sent my PP via dhl on the 29th and it has been delivered today the 1st. If you got copr how long did it take to get it and get your passport returned?

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Hi guys,

Please help me. I'm going crazy. I received this letter this morning. I don't know what to do. I provided these people so much information it was like a story book. Any ideas as to what I should send again.

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

(b) a dependent child of the sponsor;

(c) the sponsor’s mother or father;

(d) the mother or father of the sponsor’s mother or father;

(f) a person whose parents are deceased, who is under 18 years of age, who is not a spouse or common-law partner and who is

(i) the child of the sponsor’s mother or father,

(ii) a child of a child of the sponsor’s mother or father, or

(iii) a child of the sponsor’s child; or

(h) a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father

(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident,

(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (RK)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
forumers
I have a question can anyone help me out...
will the sponsor at any time or point in the PR process be required to sign documentation once PR visa is approved and is it a requirement to sign documentation in order to process for withdrawal of sponsor.
Thank you

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
@Destinyba,nothing to worry about,all you need to do is gather more information you have with you like whatapps chat history,casual pictures of both of you guys,fb pictures and comments of friends,phone calls history that shows you guys numbers,vdo chat history and any other documents that you think it might be of help and leave everything to God.

@Samola your sponsor don't have to sign anything form again once they requested for your copy.Relax and God will definitely finish what he started.
Goodluck to everyone of us.

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Mamadmama,
am so terrified. this is my issue ....
I met my spouse 2006 and at that time we were both separated from our ex's and we were managing ourselves though I was in Nigeria and she in Canada as a citizen. I try applying for Canadian visitor visa in 2007 but refused so since she is a British Canadian and I have uk multiple entry visa we decided to meet for the first time in person in uk.
well she had sponsored her ex then in 1995 and at one point withdrew but on fone so I don't know then if there was any note on the file about it. we now both divorced from our previous marriage and got married 2014 then contemplating how to proceed so we decided to do it through Canada since she returned back there 2009 and started working since then.

The problem now is we use a rep but they wasting our time. our application received 23/11/2015, got AOR on 20/1/2016 believing in days we ll have the SA and file transfer to Accra for my assessment. Still no SA and we had call several times the rep says they are still trying to confirm and complete her eligibility.

I can't imagine going through this waiting trauma, can someone make understand how they work.

Thank you

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
@Samola,Sponsorship approval take 62days to process and it can be more or less than the precise date,so there is nothing to worry about for now.Once you guys are divorced and you have a copy of it at hand likewise your spouse too ,case closed.
Using a representative doesn't make AVO to speed the processing and remember that the representatives you are using is doing business,to me it better you do it yourself as the most of the reps wants you to make mistakes in order for them to make money,am talking from experience dear.The processing time is long 17months as per CIC. Prayer is the only thing and once your marriage is genuine,leave everything to God my dear.Just keep yourself busy in order for you not to get stressed out.
Cheers

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
soon
Thank you Mamadmama...
Yes both marriages have been divorced and got certificate and we did submit all supporting documents. Relationship very genuine and nothing to hide all forms and documents are in order.

How do we break away from the lawyer and hope they ll not come say we are owing him?
thank u

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
samola10 said:
Thank you Mamadmama...
Yes both marriages have been divorced and got certificate and we did submit all supporting documents. Relationship very genuine and nothing to hide all forms and documents are in order.

How do we break away from the lawyer and hope they ll not come say we are owing him?
thank u
Relax Samola, you are on course. I believe SA will drop any time soon. This is the form to fill if you want to cancel the use of your representative.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5476e.pdf
All the best!

*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
@ Destinyba,
This is nothing new, a lot of people on this thread have received the same letter and have gone on to receive their visa.

All you need to do is give them every thing you have with regards to ongoing communication with your spouse. As many chat logs, phone recors, pictures, letters from relatives/friends on both sides would help as well.

Waiting to hear your PPR announcement!

So looks like they are on April 2015....come on AVO what about the rest of the Jan Feb and March applicants. It is well

*Mandie*

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
Destinyba said:
Hi guys,

Please help me. I'm going crazy. I received this letter this morning. I don't know what to do. I provided these people so much information it was like a story book. Any ideas as to what I should send again.

We are now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Section 117(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, 2002 defines who is a member of the family class. A foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is

(a) the sponsor’s spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner;

(b) a dependent child of the sponsor;

(c) the sponsor’s mother or father;

(d) the mother or father of the sponsor’s mother or father;

(f) a person whose parents are deceased, who is under 18 years of age, who is not a spouse or common-law partner and who is

(i) the child of the sponsor’s mother or father,

(ii) a child of a child of the sponsor’s mother or father, or

(iii) a child of the sponsor’s child; or

(h) a relative of the sponsor, regardless of age, if the sponsor does not have a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner, a child, a mother or father, a relative who is a child of that mother or father, a relative who is a child of a child of that mother or father, a mother or father of that mother or father or a relative who is a child of the mother or father of that mother or father

(i) who is a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident,

(ii) whose application to enter and remain in Canada as a permanent resident the sponsor may otherwise sponsor.

Subsection 4(1) of the regulations, states that, for the purpose of these regulations, no foreign national shall be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or is not genuine.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

Based on the evidence that you provided we are not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and/or that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information so that we may continue processing your application. Please note this will be the ONLY opportunity we will provide for you to submit additional evidence. Your application will be assessed in 30 days and the final decision will be based on the evidence on file at that time.

We look forward to receiving your additional information.

Please note that submission in person will not be accepted.

Sincerely,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (RK)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana

Phone | Tél.: +233 (030) 2211521
Fax | Téléc: +233 (030) 2211524

@ Destinyba
Calm down what are the document you have submitted?
Have you or your spouse been divorced before ?You have to make sure you summit more document,from my observation pictures of the couple and both parent are important.

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
@ Destinyba
you need to act fast before your medical expires 20 of feb.Make sure the document gets to them b4 10th of feb....and might need to start packing your luggage's because you have to land before the medical expires.