+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
mylord said:
this is my refusal letter

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership
(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.
Based on the assessment of your information, including your application and the supporting documentation, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns by letter dated October 30, 2015, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out
above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, I am refusing your application.

Notice of Appeal - Sponsorship Appeal Section 63(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
TIME LIMIT: You must provide to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) this Notice of Appeal and a copy of the Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) refusal letter which contains the written reasons for refusal. The IAD Registry Office must receive these documents no later than THIRTY (30) DAYS after you received the refusal letter from CIC
Sorry for ur case my lord...its one of thoss things....but it will never deny u entry to canada....in my opinion...appeal is a very difficult situation so i will suggest u make a new application and this time make a strong case...u might have gotten experience on what to submit already so come back with more fire

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ardnacieso said:
Hello to everyone..... I haven't been here in a long been busy...how long does it normally take to hear from AVO after submitting the additional documents? They received it December 1...
Vo will only get back to u when u are nearing DM after submitting the additional docs..sometimes it could be a request for medicals unless urs is not expired then it could be PR...But that usually not less than 8weeks

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lamour said:
Please continue to persist also ask questions to immigration consultant. To know their input and the way forward. Being kept in the dark is disheartening.
Big hug to you too.
Thanks Lamour, 8)
I am expecting GCMS notes by the end of the month,hopefully i will see something interesting when it finally arrives. The last one i received in June stated "pending inland action". Same thing was the reponse from MP when i contacted them. Waiting game....my dear Lamour... Every life challenge has an expiry date..... 8)

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cisco85 said:
What is timeline ?
Timeline is the detail of the application:
Date applied
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) date
date of transfer to VO,
Your VO(Visa Office)
Date of medicals
Date of additional Doc request.

Just like you can on the left side of my profile.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Firstlady said:
You are welcome to the thread GisG2
Plz could you plz tells us ur timeline. :'(
Firstlady, I am yet to apply.
Just gathering documents at the moment hence no time line yet.

Thank you.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
lamour said:
Welcome to the thread @ GisG2
As regards the blackberry setting, I will suggest you go on YouTube or search on Google. I'm sure you will get much more info. As for me, I have never used a blackberry.
All the best with your application and please don't forget to share your timeline with us.
Thank you lamour,
you suggestion is well appreciated. I will share my timeline as soon as I send in my application.

Wishing you PPR soonest.

Cheers

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
olorvi said:
Hello all

Just wanted to give an update! It took me a week to get 1500 pages of all our messages together from yahoo, and it has been sent over to the embassy as of yesterday.. The only thing I am worried about was the fact that yahoo kept freezing and would not let me get the messages leading all the way back to Dec 2012, I was only able to get to August 2013. I sent the few emails that we had from 2012 in the package as well as an explanation. I just pray it is enough. My husband is sending his WAEC separately, but I am still worried that they will say they don't believe our relationship is genuine even with all the evidence I was able to provide. I sincerely hope that they will not do that!

I am truly scared they are going to deny us because I could not get all the messages they asked for............
Fear not Olorvi,

It shall be well with your application and your PPR is at the corner.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
mylord said:
Hi,
I got a refusal letter and appeal letter too this afternoon can someone help me where the appeal is going to take place is it canada or Ghana and how long
Mylord,
I can only imagine how disappointed this was for you. I do not have any specific advice but do not lose hope. Pick up the pieces and boldly proof them wrong. All will be well eventually.

femi990

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25- 02- 2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
May 20 2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
Hey guys sorry for my absence for a while. I've been away with work commitment and had to spend a lot on keeping in touch with my email to see if anything will pop up from Accra. It's quite disheartening thatJanuary February and March applicants are still waiting to hear from Accra. Or are they prioritizing the Syrian refugees above us???

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Good day guys
Thank God is Friday. Plz guys is any one experiencing difficulty in logging in to Ecas?

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Firstlady, l just checked mine now and it was ok.it might be network.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
My Lord I know you and your spouse are going thru stress right now...I can imagine how it feels...be strong and do what you have to do..there is always another chance...

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
The way AVO is doing their job is really stressful to us all.. It's almost Christmas and my husband and i doesn't know if he should come to me and celebrate the Christmas together or wait to hear from Avo....God will see us all thru....

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ardnacieso said:
The way AVO is doing their job is really stressful to us all.. It's almost Christmas and my husband and i doesn't know if he should come to me and celebrate the Christmas together or wait to hear from Avo....God will see us all thru....
Ardnacieso you are march applicant...u should have heard from cic by now but i think its due to change in government and new policies that has resulted in this delays...howver,u should hear from them within the next 4weeks so hang in there

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Ardnacieso said:
I think your husband should go to you oo, and you guys can return together if AVO does the needful.
We applied for a TRV for my wife to see if she could come over to visit. I have already decided that if she gets denied, I'm resigning and packing my bags to go be with my family. I cannot go and come and die. Its becoming unbearable. lol

Anyways, guys, lets continue to hang in there. Not knowing what is going on is the most frustrating thing.