MAY 21 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14 JANUARY 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Hi,
I got a refusal letter and appeal letter too this afternoon can someone help me where the appeal is going to take place is it canada or Ghana and how long

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
Hello all

Just wanted to give an update! It took me a week to get 1500 pages of all our messages together from yahoo, and it has been sent over to the embassy as of yesterday.. The only thing I am worried about was the fact that yahoo kept freezing and would not let me get the messages leading all the way back to Dec 2012, I was only able to get to August 2013. I sent the few emails that we had from 2012 in the package as well as an explanation. I just pray it is enough. My husband is sending his WAEC separately, but I am still worried that they will say they don't believe our relationship is genuine even with all the evidence I was able to provide. I sincerely hope that they will not do that!

I am truly scared they are going to deny us because I could not get all the messages they asked for............

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hey MyLord,

Take heart. We've seen cases like this before and they turn around and approve. I will never forgert Gonja. If you're comfortable with it, can you please show us the refusal letter. Our friends on the forum like Lamour, MercyofGod and others always have good advice for such. Stay strong!
mylord said:
Hi,
I got a refusal letter and appeal letter too this afternoon can someone help me where the appeal is going to take place is it canada or Ghana and how long

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
Hi,

mylord i just want to offer you support and prayers, I don't know much about appeals or what they do so I cannot offer any advice with that..but I just wanted to send my prayers to you

mylord

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 6 2015
Doc's Request.
OCTOBER 30, 2015
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 21 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14 JANUARY 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
this is my refusal letter

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.
Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership
(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.
Based on the assessment of your information, including your application and the supporting documentation, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns by letter dated October 30, 2015, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act provides that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. For the reasons set out
above, I am not satisfied that you are not inadmissible and that you meet the requirements of the Act. As such, I am refusing your application.

Notice of Appeal - Sponsorship Appeal Section 63(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
TIME LIMIT: You must provide to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) this Notice of Appeal and a copy of the Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) refusal letter which contains the written reasons for refusal. The IAD Registry Office must receive these documents no later than THIRTY (30) DAYS after you received the refusal letter from CIC

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Sorry to hear this @mylord and @olorvi, you guys should take heart, delay is really not denial. I think the appeals take place in Canada, I'm not very sure. Could you guys post up your timelines? I will check online to find out more about the appeals process. The Immigration and Refugee Board website is currently not opening. http://www.irb.gc.ca. even the CIC website has been misbehaving since yesterday. Canada needs to get its acts together. :mad:.
This is a website i found that explains the process
http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/immigration-appeal-rights-and-process/?p=2#Who%20can%20appea

I hope this helps, once again hang in there guys.

CADPt

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
sorry my last post had a small error i have not received a refusal letter. i have just couriered all the messages over to the embassy as they were requested as further proof of our relationship i am just waiting and hoping that they will believe us as i have sent them 1500 pages of messages between myself and my husband

olorvi

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
mylord said:
Hi,
I am very sad to read this @mylord,
I imagine how you and your spouse feels right now. Please do not be in despair. They can delay but your reunion cannot be denied eventually.

The appeal is in Canada. Personally, I will say get an immigration lawyer involved. Meanwhile, have you ordered the gcms notes? It's very practical to order the notes to see what was written on your file. You will better understand the underlying reason for the refusal and therefore know how to approach the appeal.

There is also an appeal thread on this forum. Ask others about their experiences and their success cases will also be of help.

Wishing you courage and wisdom as you pursue this stage of your application.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
olorvi said:
Hello all

Just wanted to give an update! It took me a week to get 1500 pages of all our messages together from yahoo, and it has been sent over to the embassy as of yesterday.. The only thing I am worried about was the fact that yahoo kept freezing and would not let me get the messages leading all the way back to Dec 2012, I was only able to get to August 2013. I sent the few emails that we had from 2012 in the package as well as an explanation. I just pray it is enough. My husband is sending his WAEC separately, but I am still worried that they will say they don't believe our relationship is genuine even with all the evidence I was able to provide. I sincerely hope that they will not do that!

I am truly scared they are going to deny us because I could not get all the messages they asked for............
@olorvi, have you ordered the gcms notes since your application......
The yahoo messenger chats and emails of 2012 is very good. How about letters from family and friends. Please, should you think of any additional information, scan and attach to as an email to AVO. This process is very tiring, better to do all you can to provide more than enough evidence so you come to a successful end of the ordeal.
All the best.

adejumo

Feb 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I do need your assistance on my wife application. I have submitted all the paperwork. We have submitted the medical, paid for permanent resident application, and CIC have received. Our application is status still in process. Can somebody help me how long it will take to hear back from CIC in Ghana? What is next thing we should be expecting from CIC? Do my wife needs police clearance.These is my status:
We received application for permanent residence on April 8, 2015.
We started processing application on June 18, 2015
Medical results have been received.
Please help. I need your input.

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
@ Mylord
I know it is not easy to receive that kind of News.My Big advise to you is to trust the Lord Jesus Christ.
As Lamour stated they can delay your family reunification but they could not denied it eventualy.
What I would advise you to do
First file the appeal and they Will forward you all the memo and all note any agents that came accros with your file wrote in regard to your application. That is What I read from a french thread .
Second I Will sugest you request a GCMS note but make sure you order the physical file not the electronic one.
I read one Time that at at this stage all memo Will Be Declassified .

Make sure you go through all those memo to see why the visa officer refuse the sponsorship application.
In case you can address those issue at their satisfaction , I would sugest you reapply with more proof.
In case you have Financial issue dont close the appeal and your wife have to GO to the appeal and défend your relationship.

I wish you good luck and may the Lord Jesus Christ strenghen you and you wife.
Good luck to you
Stay blessed.

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
adejumo said:
Hello Everyone,
I do need your assistance on my wife application. I have submitted all the paperwork. We have submitted the medical, paid for permanent resident application, and CIC have received. Our application is status still in process. Can somebody help me how long it will take to hear back from CIC in Ghana? What is next thing we should be expecting from CIC? Do my wife needs police clearance.These is my status:
We received application for permanent residence on April 8, 2015.
We started processing application on June 18, 2015
Medical results have been received.
Please help. I need your input.
@ Adejumo
Welcome to the thread .
As you can see most of us are from January to July applicants .We dont know for sure How Accra is working. Many applicants from other visa offices who have the same timeline like us already receive good News but since Accra is a turtoise ,they are following their instinct Which is lasyness.
Did you get any request from them since your file Was transfer to Accra?
When Was your file changed to in process.

Most of us are waiting for the PPR . I hope we get it very soon.

@ the house
What do you think about sending an email to the minister of immigration to show our frustrations about the way Accra is conducting opération ?

Stay bless guys.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Brother! I am 110% in support of sending correspondance to the Minister of Immigration and if possible to the Prime Minister himself. Make it a petition through Change.org so as many people as possible can sign it! I think it's unfair that people have to wait over a year to be reunited. It crossed my mind few days ago: So according to AVO if you want to enter this country the same year, you must apply in the first 12 weeks of the year or else you're on your own? Mba! Not cool at all.
That's my humble opinion!
whitelion said:
@ Adejumo
Welcome to the thread .
As you can see most of us are from January to July applicants .We dont know for sure How Accra is working. Many applicants from other visa offices who have the same timeline like us already receive good News but since Accra is a turtoise ,they are following their instinct Which is lasyness.
Did you get any request from them since your file Was transfer to Accra?
When Was your file changed to in process.

Most of us are waiting for the PPR . I hope we get it very soon.

@ the house
What do you think about sending an email to the minister of immigration to show our frustrations about the way Accra is conducting opération ?

Stay bless guys.