canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
My wife just got her good news today...funny process

Ok so here is my wife's timeline. I'm a Canadian. I almost involved a judge into this

We planned on getting married in 2019 but pushed to 2020 and in 2020, covid messed up everything. Ghana banned all international travel and I wasn't ready to go to ghana neither.

We decided to still get married anyways without my presence in September 2020 for the first part=Traditional wedding(Don't use my route because it will backfire)

1.We applied for TRV in October 16, 2020=got rejected
2.We applied again for TRV in November 20, 2022= got rejected
3.Applied for TRV again in January 16, 2021= Still in process
4.Applied for her sponsorship in April 19, 2021=Got returned due to signature missing
4.Applied for another TRV in April 20, 2021= Still in process
5.Recieved returned Sponsorship letter in May 25, we signed and re-applied again on May 26 and they received it May 31, 2021
6.Travelled back to ghana to do the final part of the marriage in June 2021 due to the covid delay for the real white wedding
7.Application started processing August 09, 2021
7.Several ADR request was sent for Original Marriage certificate because I wasn't there in October 14, 2021
8.Medical request sent in November 1st 2021
9.Another ADR for original marriage certificate we did at the church was asked, another medical and several questions about our marriage and relationship sent in March 21,2022 = We told them every truth like am sharing with you here. I wasn't present and usually when one partner is not around during the wedding, it is not accepted or recognized by IRCC but our case is different
10.They massaged us and said a decision will be made on the file in the coming weeks in July 8, 2022
11.They responded after 3 month in July 13 for receiving all documents asked in March 21, 2021
12.Background, and eligibility all finished in September 08, 2022
13.Pre-Arrival service letter sent on September 08, 2022(if I tell you emails I sent to both accra visa office, Canada immigration, key officials like MP both in Canada and in Ghana etc, you won't believe) but above all, God was behind pulling the curtains
14.October 17, Decision made on E-cas
But file number and wrong travel document# provided on new tracker dashboard
15.PPR: October 20, 2022

Wasting people's time!! Born in Canada but was raised in ghana all my life

Last edited:

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
What is your timeline? I completely agree with everything you have said. Ankara is the same!

Ok so here is my wife's timeline. I'm a Canadian. I almost involved a judge into this

We planned on getting married in 2019 but pushed to 2020 and in 2020, covid messed up everything. Ghana banned all international travel and I wasn't ready to go to ghana neither.

We decided to still get married anyways without my presence in September 2020 for the first part=Traditional wedding(Don't use my route because it will backfire)

4.Applied for her sponsorship in April 19, 2021=Got returned due to signature missing
5.Recieved returned Sponsorship letter in May 25, we signed and re-applied again on May 26 and they received it May 31, 2021
6.Travelled back to ghana to do the final part of the marriage in June 2021 due to the covid delay for the real white wedding
7.Several ADR request was sent for Original Marriage certificate because I wasn't there in October 14, 2021
9.Another ADR for original marriage certificate we did at the church was asked, another medical and several questions about our marriage and relationship sent in March 21,2022 = We told them every truth like am sharing with you here. I wasn't present and usually when one partner is not around during the wedding, it is not accepted or recognized by IRCC but our case is different
10.They massaged us and said a decision will be made on the file in the coming weeks in July 8, 2022
11.They responded after 3 month in July 13 for receiving all documents asked in March 21, 2021
13.Pre-Arrival service letter sent on September 08, 2022(if I tell you emails I sent to both accra visa office, Canada immigration, key officials like MP both in Canada and in Ghana etc, you won't believe) but above all, God was behind pulling the curtains

GyanLula

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022

Yaaaaaay congratulations!!

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra

Fantastic. Congratulations!! Your process is soon coming to a good conclusion.

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Hi all,
My wife passed her medical in Accra in May 2021 ( it will expire May 24th 2022) and the tracker shows background check complete since October 2021. That was the last update. I have sent several emails but nothing. Any advice will be helpful.
Hi Fonzo,

Please is there any update on your wife's application. We are in an almost similar position. Tracker was updated to Background Check complete since August 12th 2022 but we haven't heard anything since then. Eligibility, Background Check all complete.

Dont know what to do. It's been 3 months. Would really appreciate your response

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi Fonzo,

Please is there any update on your wife's application. We are in an almost similar position. Tracker was updated to Background Check complete since August 12th 2022 but we haven't heard anything since then. Eligibility, Background Check all complete.

Dont know what to do. It's been 3 months. Would really appreciate your response
This is how you message accra VO....email them and webform them and then get MP's responds...Ask the one in Canada to speak with the MP in his or her area to check on the profile for you as well....

Reactions: zeebah

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
Thank
This is how you message accra VO....email them and webform them and then get MP's responds...Ask the one in Canada to speak with the MP in his or her area to check on the profile for you as well....
Thank you very much. Please do we need o attach anything in the email

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thank

Thank you very much. Please do we need o attach anything in the email

Like anything like your water bill, light bill and all all grocery bills should be attached....Nonsense! We are pounding future and you are drinking all the soup from off of it....Lol, just kidding!!

You can only attach changes that has happened within the processing time and while waiting if there is any....Other that, ignore and don't waste time anything because most of this officers don't care until what is been sent is of value to the document they are processing

bumstar1

Mar 24, 2019
lol… Thanks

I’ve taken all the 3 steps you recommended and prayed too.

Webform, email and MP. Got a reply from the MP within an hour saying they’ll contact IRCC.

Fingers crossed . Hopefully this spurs them to action.

SirK

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
I suggest you mail it directly to Accra. It's faster, approximately 2 - 3 weeks. With Lagos, you could wait up to 7 weeks. Depends on your level of urgency.
Thanks Henry,

How do I go about this?

It's a PPR for my dependent child.

Geebah

May 16, 2022
Hallelujah, Yahweh has done it for me oo, I pray all those waiting will receive good news soon from vfs Accra.
Here's my timeline;
1. Application submitted - Sep. 07, 2021
2. ADR. - Dec. 22, 2021
3. Bio. request - March 09, 2022
4. Sponsor approved, with a message that my app. Would be forwarded to Accra for further processing - March 10, 2022
5. Bio. completed - March 14, 2022
6. Medical request - March 21, 2022
7. Medical completed - March 30, 2022
8. Documents sent back for missing signatures - July 4, 2022
9. Docs resubmitted - July 11, 2022
10. Eligibility completed - Nov 15, 2022
11. Background check completed - Nov 15, 2022
12. Pre-arrival - Nov 15, 2022
13. PPR - Nov 17, 2022

Reactions: Ketobaby

OkaforJames

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Hello ladies and gents..so i got a profile updated (Background check started processing) today in my GC Key.

Is this a good sign?