+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Henry_S

Star Member
Nov 23, 2021
Hey guys, I sent my passport to accra about three weeks ago. Just got an email from vfs that it's on the way back to me. However, my profile has not been updated with any decision yet. Is this normal?
Did you send your passport via the VFS office in Nigeria (I assume you are Nigerian) or you mailed it directly yourself to Accra?

Samflo

Jul 7, 2022
Hi all, I’m a long-time follower of this forum. I bring good news! My Ghanaian husband just got his passport request (May 2021 applicant; outland spousal sponsorship)!! He’s been approved! No interview required!

A couple questions to the group…
  1. He needs to submit his passport at the Visa Application Centre in Accra. Do you need to make an appointment? (He’s going to call next week, but I was hoping someone here might know. We’re just so excited… bursting!)
  2. How long has it been taking for Ghanaians (in Ghana) to get their passport back? We’re trying to mentally prepare for our next steps.
Here’s our timeline:

May 12, 2021 AOR1
June 25, 2021 AOR2
July 2, 2021 Sponsor approval
July 28, 2021 Started processing application
Oct 12, 2021 – Medical request (but they forgot to include the attachment in the email! It took 3 weeks and a few calls to my MP’s office to get the attachment. No biometrics required because he had done them for a previous application)
Nov 3, 2021 – Medical completed.
Nov 15, 2021 – “Medical results have been received”
Then nothing, nothing, nothing until yesterday…
Mar 4, 2022 – email with pre-arrival letter, then the passport request email, one after the other!!

It was a long wait, but he is finally approved. With God, are things are possible!!
Congratulations

Ca’na

Oct 4, 2018
Hello everyone
I have been trying to submit a webform for some days now but when I click ‘next’ nothing happens. I have cleared my cache and cookies but still nothing. Pls can someone help me on what to do
Hello, please were you able to get a solution to this as I am finding it difficult to upload documents on Ghana webpage. It won’t let go to next

Jul 5, 2022
Applied on August 29th 2021 and AOR October 20, 2021. Medical completed on March 28. AR on April 21, Replied on May 20 and still waiting. I'm so tired of waiting. Every week i tell myself this will be done soon

Haolda

May 20, 2022
Applied on August 29th 2021 and AOR October 20, 2021. Medical completed on March 28. AR on April 21, Replied on May 20 and still waiting. I'm so tired of waiting. Every week i tell myself this will be done soon
I totally share your frustration as well.
Myself, application was submitted in August 4th 2021. Medical completed on 13th January 2022, ADR on Feb 14th submitted 20th 2022. Received regular email to confirm that ADR was received on April 6th 2022.
I haven’t heard back from Accra office since then. The last time anyone mentioned an approval from Accra office here on this forum was on 5th May 2022.
Really confused about the whole thing as next month will mark one year since I submitted my application.

SherryO

Jan 31, 2022
I totally share your frustration as well.
Myself, application was submitted in August 4th 2021. Medical completed on 13th January 2022, ADR on Feb 14th submitted 20th 2022. Received regular email to confirm that ADR was received on April 6th 2022.
I haven’t heard back from Accra office since then. The last time anyone mentioned an approval from Accra office here on this forum was on 5th May 2022.
Really confused about the whole thing as next month will mark one year since I submitted my application.
Hi, my application follows similar pattern as yours. Any news on your application?

Haolda

May 20, 2022
Hi, my application follows similar pattern as yours. Any news on your application?
I got three ghost updates on the 13th, 14th & 15th of July 2022 in the PR tracker. I guess Accra visa office has started to work on applications again, one can only hope.
What about yourself, any ghost updates as of late?

Last edited:

Babanee

Feb 28, 2022
Hi guys . Got the golden email for ppr on 4th of July 2022 .. Passport submitted at VAC in person on 6th July 2022 and was dispatched to Accra office same day from the notification I got. Pls anyone have idea how long to get passport back from Accra ?

Spousal sponsored ( Outland)
Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
Pre-arrival email October 2021
Nothing Nothing Nothing for 9months
PPR email 4th July 2022

Really hoping i get my passport back before August 25th or anyone have idea if they gonna ask me to do another medical since my medical will expire August 25th? Thanks .

Last edited:
Reactions: Haredrop

SherryO

Jan 31, 2022
Hello, please were you able to get a solution to this as I am finding it difficult to upload documents on Ghana webpage. It won’t let go to next
Sorry, I’m just seeing your message now
I downloaded the Microsoft edge browser and it worked fine...

Janet A

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Hi guys . Got the golden email for ppr on 4th of July 2022 .. Passport submitted at VAC in person on 6th July 2022 and was dispatched to Accra office same day from the notification I got. Pls anyone have idea how long to get passport back from Accra ?

Spousal sponsored ( Outland)
Application March 2021
Biometric May 2021
Medical August 2021
Interview October 2021
Pre-arrival email October 2021
Nothing Nothing Nothing for 9months
PPR email 4th July 2022

Really hoping i get my passport back before August 25th or anyone have idea if they gonna ask me to do another medical since my medical will expire August 25th? Thanks .
Was the interview in person?